ADVERTISEMENT

Detroit Lions place TE Tim Wright on season-ending IR and He's Opening Barber Shop at Rutgers

That's not good was hoping he would have a good year this year. Hopefully he can recover and come back strong.

Reactions: RU4
the Lions announced Wright suffered a torn ACL and is now on the team's injured reserve list.

Before the Lions could place Wright on the injured reserve list, he had to first clear waivers since he has yet to accrue four years of experience. This is why the Lions released him last week instead of immediately placing him on the IR list. After going unclaimed, the Lions essentially brought him back, only to retain his rights while on the reserved/injured list.

Wright was one of 18 players on the 2015 roster who never appeared on the injury report once during the season. However, it appears Wright suffered the injury at some point during the offseason, and as a result, he will not play football in 2016.

The Lions are in a tough spot at tight end right now, as Brandon Pettigrew is still recovering from his torn ACL suffered in December and Eric Ebron sat out of Thursday's OTAs with an unspecified injury. The Lions still do have two open spots on the roster, so they could be bringing in another tight end in the near future.

The Wright Cut barber shop on Livingston campus is what the poster is alluding to.

Yes sir. The plans are off the charts cool. Once it's all unfurled you guys are going to be amazed. Right on time for official visit season... ;)

Ah, damn, I hate to hear about injuries like that. Hopefully he can make a complete and full recovery from that.

Does Tim Wright still get full pay now that's he been put on injured reserve? How do things like that work when it comes to a player's contract?

Yes sir. The plans are off the charts cool. Once it's all unfurled you guys are going to be amazed. Right on time for official visit season... ;)

Hmmm, sounds interesting. Any idea on when & pricing?

Hmmm, sounds interesting. Any idea on when & pricing?

There will be some really cool commotion going on around July and then open full swing in September in time for move-in weekend. I am familiar with the pricing, I will let that come out through official channels. But it will be in line with what you would pay anywhere. Not only is it going to be a vital service offered on campus, but it will be one of the coolest places to be as well. Everybody is really excited about it.

There will be some really cool commotion going on around July and then open full swing in September in time for move-in weekend. I am familiar with the pricing, I will let that come out through official channels. But it will be in line with what you would pay anywhere. Not only is it going to be a vital service offered on campus, but it will be one of the coolest places to be as well. Everybody is really excited about it.

It will also be a good reason for you to get on Twitter if you have been resisting. Wait till you see haha it's going to be awesome.

Awesome for Tim. Really hope that is successful. I just can't see how it won't be.

Can he give FREEBIES to recruits?

;) there going to be a very special recruiting aspect to this. Just keep your eyes out for some special upcoming events. It will be up to the football program how it wants to handle OVs and what is compliant, but if they do what the place will be set up to do, the twitters will all be on fire during OVs

I think this is absolutely fantastic! -A Loyal Son coming back to open a business right on RU's campus, doing what he loves at the place he loves.

Doesn't get much better than that, and I have a feeling Tim's shop is going to be beyond successful!

ADVERTISEMENT