ADVERTISEMENT

Dino Babers surrenders!

I didn’t mention Rutgers. FSU sucks and has for a while now. So does the entire acc outside of Clemson.

And yea, I’d rather get my ass kicked all day every day then roll over and quit. Total losers.
Who has gone to the playoffs other than Ohio st? lol

Notre Dame plays 6 ACC teams annually. They don't have contractual ties like that with any other conference. Every other sport is in the ACC except hockey. Notre Dame brings money. Isnt that what rutgers like about the big10?
Notre Dame is raping the Acc

Give us all your bowls, we’ll sell tickets but don’t hold us to any conference requirements. Hookers are more loyal.

No thanks, either join or not, that deals makes the ACC look so desperate.

Beat both Maryland and Indiana in our first year in B1G when we still had Schiano’s players. Really not too concerned about them long term. I’m an FSU fan but they are a long ways away and I don’t see Miami getting back to where they used to be. Just don’t think the institution has the desire to be that kind of program again. ND is not an ACC school. They partnered for scheduling purposes this year. They are still an Indy in the eyes of most.

I think the ACC schools do have some explosive skill talent throughout but outside of Clemson most programs lack the “nuts and bolts.” ND actually has the nuts and bolts down but THEY can’t get the freak athletes the other ACC programs pull in. If they had some they’d legit challenge Clemson. But they won’t.
Not a full member but a partial member. You cant say ND is completely out of the ACC when half of their schedule is from that conference each year. They got to the playoffs with the resume of beating ACC teams (including a ranked Syracuse team)

Give us all your bowls, we’ll sell tickets but don’t hold us to any conference requirements. Hookers are more loyal.

ACC is getting money. Notre Dame has to share the revenue from their home games broadcast on NBC equally with the 14 other member institutions. Thats the driving force in decision making within every conference. Isnt that what rutgers is all excited about with the big 10? Plus Big10 wanted NY TV sets on OSU Michigan and Penn st.

ACC is getting money. Notre Dame has to share the revenue from their home games broadcast on NBC equally with the 14 other member institutions. Thats the driving force in decision making within every conference. Isnt that what rutgers is all excited about with the big 10? Plus Big10 wanted NY TV sets on OSU Michigan and Penn st.
It’s the fact there is a lack of commitment
What happens if SEC offers a sweeter deal next year, ND can cut bait and lose nothing
as a pitt fan you ok with that?

The advantages for Notre Dame are simple: It gets a portion of ACC revenue, participates in the conference's bowl tie-ins and, perhaps most importantly, preserves its title brand of being a football independent.

The advantages for the ACC are equally simple: It gets the TV ratings and attendance boosts associated with Notre Dame away games, and if Notre Dame were to give up its football independence, it would be obligated to join the ACC

its a win win. Not sure how anyone can say they are not partially a member.

The advantages for Notre Dame are simple: It gets a portion of ACC revenue, participates in the conference's bowl tie-ins and, perhaps most importantly, preserves its title brand of being a football independent.

The advantages for the ACC are equally simple: It gets the TV ratings and attendance boosts associated with Notre Dame away games, and if Notre Dame were to give up its football independence, it would be obligated to join the ACC

The big East fans used to talk about that rape the same way. Stockholm syndrome.

B1G had 6 teams ranked at the end of the 19 season. The acc had 1. That’s MAC level.
Again, Ohio st is the only team going to the playoff. Michigan does nothing in bowl games. You want to celebrate the coaches you guys despise. Franklin Harbaugh and now Tucker. Those teams being ranked doesn't make rutgers look better. Sad that you use other teams success to feel credibility.

Again, Ohio st is the only team going to the playoff. Michigan does nothing in bowl games. You want to celebrate the coaches you guys despise. Franklin Harbaugh and now Tucker. Those teams being ranked doesn't make rutgers look better. Sad that you use other teams success to feel credibility.
And the acc only had Clemson. Sad you have only one team to use to try and make your quitters seem like anything other than quitters.

And the acc only had Clemson. Sad you have only one team to use to try and make your quitters seem like anything other than quitters.
lol you guys where the ones that quit. Now the conference wants to play because it makes you look bad if you dont. The whole conference are quitters.

Number of ACC/Pitt/Cuse fans in this thread: at least 2.
Number of Rutgers/B1G fans on Syracuse and Pitt boards: 0.

So what. This thread is referring to the Pitt/Cuse game and ACC Conference.

There are no threads on the Pitt Boards referring to Rutgers.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:

You can also include the fact Notre Dame helped the ACC Conference get the ACCN established.

Many financial advantages for the ACC having Notre Dame connected to the Conference (symbiotic arrangement). Consults told the ACC Conference that if you wanted to have a Conference Network (ACCN) offer admission to Pitt, Syracuse and Notre Dame (5 game commitment in football and all sports for everything else).

The B1G has wanted Notre Dame to join for decades.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

It’s the fact there is a lack of commitment
What happens if SEC offers a sweeter deal next year, ND can cut bait and lose nothing
as a pitt fan you ok with that?

Notre Dame has a contract requiring them to join the ACC if they decided to join a Conference (all sports).

Contract expires in 2035.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Hypothetical—If Clemson was invited by the SEC to join, would they say yes ?
Technically Clemson and FSU are SEC type programs. But they would say no. They both have a much easier path to all the NCAA playoffs in the ACC. That goes for all sports (except basketball).

Reactions: shields
Notre Dame has a contract requiring them to join the ACC if they decided to join a Conference (all sports).

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Great, but no contract to Join the conference

What a worthless peace of paper, that alone shows their commitment

I’m sure that attempt was tried with other conferences and deemed not acceptable

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Notre Dame ignores contracts all the time. I'd bet there is some lame penalty associated with that "requirement".

It suits you both right now. ND has been around the ACC for awhile now.. if they wanted in, they'd be in already. IMHO, we're all better off without them. They think too much of themselves.

Two years ago they finished ranked #14.

I don't think they were ever that good, and I think Money would agree. They had the luxury of playing a P5 schedule (a feather in their cap) and having a good record, because their team was solid -- but it was the ACC, which has been especially bad for the past few seasons save one team.

I hung out a lot on the Syracuse board a lot in summer 2019, out of anticipation for the Maryland/Syracuse game. There were a lot of lofty expectations, both for that game and the season. I didn't think their team was better than Maryland's; only their 2018 record was (because, in my opinion, strength of schedule). Thus, I didn't expect a Syracuse blowout win as most of the posters there did.

lol you guys where the ones that quit. Now the conference wants to play because it makes you look bad if you dont. The whole conference are quitters.
Yet we are playing. There goes Pitts ranking! As usual, down to just Clemson!

Notre Dame ignores contracts all the time. I'd bet there is some lame penalty associated with that "requirement".

It suits you both right now. ND has been around the ACC for awhile now.. if they wanted in, they'd be in already. IMHO, we're all better off without them. They think too much of themselves. #BigEast2.0
ND will never, ever put their football program in the acc. It’s there to be used for their hoops and Olympics sports.

Notre Dame plays 6 ACC teams annually. They don't have contractual ties like that with any other conference. Every other sport is in the ACC except hockey. Notre Dame brings money. Isnt that what rutgers like about the big10?
a little nit picking.
Believe it was 5 ACC games before this year was the agreement and that's what ND played in 2019.
ND needed a home for its other sports and the ACC was the most amicable of the P-5 conferences for that and not expect full membership , including football.
Nevertheless it's a win- win situation for the ACC and ND.
ND gets its other sports in a P5 Conference and the ACC get ND to play ACC schools 5 games a year.
Notre Dame also gets to participate in the ACC’s bowl tie-ins and access to its annual spotlight national game on Labor Day.
As for TV rights. I believe ND keeps those rights for its home games against ACC teams ad the ACC has those rights for ACC home games against ND.

As P-5 Conferences started looking into a heaver conference schedule, ND might have lost a few of its match ups and by adding ACC programs would have ;less worry about getting the type of opponents it usually plays every year instead of having to fill the schedule with mid majors.

BIGRU, maybe just smoke, but this was Fran Browns recent tweet. I am not a twitter translater,but I have been told the orange is Syracuse, 5 is Alijah Clark’s number and 2 is Duce Chestnut.

So Duce be ready to flip? Or just a warning to Orangey to stay away from Clark or we'll try to flip Duce? I'm so bad with twitterspeak too.

Last edited:
Didn’t FSU lose to GT who just got destroyed by a non P5 team? The acc is one team. Clemson. That’s it.
I don’t know! You have a bu
We feel good about the amount the B1G conference pays us. RU will not be bottom feeders for much longer in the B1G.

What ACC team is any good besides Clemson?
The ACC is actually good his year UNC, Miami, Pitt, VT, Louisville, BC. All have possible NFL QB’s.

Last edited:

It suits you both right now. ND has been around the ACC for awhile now.. if they wanted in, they'd be in already. IMHO, we're all better off without them. They think too much of themselves.
Great, but no contract to Join the conference

What a worthless peace of paper, that alone shows their commitment

I’m sure that attempt was tried with other conferences and deemed not acceptable
Not sure how worthless getting millions of dollars from ND's brand. Cuse ND games
a little nit picking.
Believe it was 5 ACC games before this year was the agreement and that's what ND played in 2019.
ND needed a home for its other sports and the ACC was the most amicable of the P-5 conferences for that and not expect full membership , including football.
Nevertheless it's a win- win situation for the ACC and ND.
ND gets its other sports in a P5 Conference and the ACC get ND to play ACC schools 5 games a year.
Notre Dame also gets to participate in the ACC’s bowl tie-ins and access to its annual spotlight national game on Labor Day.
As for TV rights. I believe ND keeps those rights for its home games against ACC teams ad the ACC has those rights for ACC home games against ND.

As P-5 Conferences started looking into a heaver conference schedule, ND might have lost a few of its match ups and by adding ACC programs would have ;less worry about getting the type of opponents it usually plays every year instead of having to fill the schedule with mid majors.
nit picking what? The agreement is what it is. They both get something out of it.

Yet we are playing. There goes Pitts ranking! As usual, down to just Clemson!
Not sure about that Miami offense looks good. UNC is very good now that they have a championship coach back running the program. How many current Big Ten coaches won chips?

money,
the nit picking I talked about is:
you said Notre Dame signed on to play 6 ACC teams a year.
I said it was 5, one less than you stated
The imitation Irish play five ACC teams each season, a scheduling agreement that was reached in 2014.
Unless that changed, that's the deal.
As for you saying both getting something from deal, true.

As it stands, ND shored up it's ability to remain independent in football and have a good conference affiliation for it's other sports and not worry about scheduling problems for them with conference games on it.
ACC gets a name brand for 5 gamees a year and a reconized name inn the sports that joined conference

Reactions: money3189
money,
the nit picking I talked about is:
you said Notre Dame signed on to play 6 ACC teams a year.
I said it was 5, one less than you stated
The imitation Irish play five ACC teams each season, a scheduling agreement that was reached in 2014.
Unless that changed, that's the deal.
As for you saying both getting something from deal, true.

As it stands, ND shored up it's ability to remain independent in football and have a good conference affiliation for it's other sports and not worry about scheduling problems for them with conference games on it.
ACC gets a name brand for 5 gamees a year and a reconized name inn the sports that joined conference
Yeah I honestly thought it was 6 games.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Not sure about that Miami offense looks good. UNC is very good now that they have a championship coach back running the program. How many current Big Ten coaches won chips?
What’s that have to do with being a quitter?

Oh so rutgers can talk about being relevant with schiano but an all time program cant get back to their elite status? You are proud of getting hammered by OSU Mich st Mich Penn st. every year? Thats a badge of honor? Thats the legacy of the team you follow now? You feel good because you are in a division with elite teams? Hilarous. I respected rutgers more when they at least came close to winning a watered down conference with their weak OOC schedule.
We never respect you. Your program is terrible, your recruiting is embarrassing, you’re located in Greenland, and Money you personally know nothing about football .

Did those 2 hacks on ESPN’s PTI knock Syracuse’s coach for quitting today?

My guess is “no” probably got orders from upstairs

We never respect you. Your program is terrible, your recruiting is embarrassing, you’re located in Greenland, and Money you personally know nothing about football .
I know a lot about your latest commit. We helped get him exposure so he could be recruited. Greg found him. Your welcome.

Acc is winning chips though. Big Ten is not. I think Clemson Notre Dame, UNC, Miami are good teams. Only a matter of time before FSU and Miami are consistently good again (both have better skill then most big10 teams). Pitt and Louisville would be middle of the pack Big10 teams. I think they are better than Mich st Indiana Maryland Nebraska Purdue Illinois and Northwestern. Indiana and Maryland recruiting is better and they both routinely beat you . Its a gonna be a struggle just winning battles against them.

Maryland beat Syracuse by 49 (not 11) last year, and lost a barn-burner to Indiana a few weeks later. Maryland was crushed by Purdue and beaten by Michigan State last year. Except for Illinois and Northwestern, I see no reason to assume that Pitt and Louisville are better than most of the teams on your list (except for comparing win-loss totals against different levels of competition).

When Maryland moved to the B1G I was shocked at how much tougher it was. In the ACC, most teams had very thin rosters with high-level talent only at the top. That was enough to roll up a lot of wins in that league. In the B1G, though, even the lower-level teams throw waves of high-level players at you, and it's tough to keep up.

Maryland is still third in ACC football titles. They did pretty well in that league. But in the B1G, I think there will be parade anytime they finish as high as third in the division or even have a .500 record. Put them or Indiana in the ACC and I would expect 7-8 wins.

Third in the B1G is an accomplishment. 3rd in the acc means you’re an also ran. Take last year S an example. It means you finished ranked between 30-35 lol.

Was Mack Brown there when the University of No Classes began their phoney class program or was it the guy after him ?

ADVERTISEMENT