ADVERTISEMENT

Does Rutgers stand a chance with 4-star qb Gavin Wimsatt ?

Is it a recruiting violation if a family comes on their own dime? I'm sure GS knows this and wouldn't do anything to violate recruiting rules. But I don't know it and am curious.

Thanks.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Assuming we are taking only one qb in the class, who else is Gavin competing with for the spot ?

The analysts all seem to have him going to Kentucky. That was after his visit so who knows? I’m not happy about it

A 5.9 four star that is the #1 player in KY and #3 dual threat QB nationally?

I wouldn’t think he is competing for a spot with anyone, you take him no matter the situation is.
Wait....he's the #3 dual threat QB nationally and all we have to beat out is Kentucky ?

Wait....he's the #3 dual threat QB nationally and all we have to beat out is Kentucky ?

Growing up in Kentucky you could care less about the B1G 10. My daughter graduated from UK a few years ago and the upgrades in their football facilities have been tremendous.
If we can get a Kentucky kid over UK we really are on our way.

Reactions: waveslider
He's got offers from Oregon, Mississippi, Michigan and Michigan State and a few other big schools as well, but I guess the dialogue is that Rutgers is doing surprisingly well with him but he is predicted to wind up picking his home state school.

Cincinnati is also in the picture. Wimsatt can probably throw a pass from Cincy into Kentucky. I am not worrying. Schiano is recruiting the whole country now for Rutgers and unlike Ash we aren’t going after players who had offers from Maine, Temple, and Bowling Green.

Fickell has done a great job at Cincy, but I would think a top recruit would wonder how long will he be there. Pro or big college job will be calling soon.

Is it a recruiting violation if a family comes on their own dime? I'm sure GS knows this and wouldn't do anything to violate recruiting rules. But I don't know it and am curious.

Thanks.

Recruits are still allowed to do self guided tours of colleges they are interested in. So while he was on campus as long as there was no direct contact with members of the football staff all is good.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Cincinnati is also in the picture. Wimsatt can probably throw a pass from Cincy into Kentucky. I am not worrying. Schiano is recruiting the whole country now for Rutgers and unlike Ash we aren’t going after players who had offers from Maine, Temple, and Bowling Green.
We get him.GREAT. WE don't get him. GREG'S REBUILD STILL GOES ON FOR RU FB.

Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro is quite good. I stopped by there a couple of years ago on a road trip through OH-KY-WV.

So let it be written, So let it be done! Getting Wimsatt coupled with this class so far, would put us on the National stage. If it goes well, you can't buy that kind of good press.

Reactions: RealNinja
Agree - I usually thought qbs try to commit early to help recruit other skill players?

RU is a very good opportunity right now for this guy. Top notch OC. Didn't bring in a QB in our last 2 classes (other than transfers). Pulling in some top WRs and OLs. B1G. NYC market. Any awful lot to sell. Momentum in our favor. I like our chances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT