ADVERTISEMENT

Dollar Hot Dog Night Fiasco

At the Niagara game, I went to get a hotdog about 10 minutes before tipoff, and they said they weren't ready yet (at the food stand on the left as you are leaving the RAC)

Same stand.

Ordered a hot dog with 15 minutes before tipoff on the scoreboard clock.

Received the hot dog just after tip off after the attendant says just serve them.

One of the attendant said they can't serve them until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. He had a small cooking thermometer and would stick and probe the hot dogs waiting for them to reach 160.

No one at the stand appeared to be an official person.

For the dog giveaway vs. G'Town within the last 5 yrs while we were still in the Big East they ran out of buns. What's being experienced tonight is par for the course.

How to cook a hot dog:

1) Boil water;
2) Place hot dog in water:
3) Remove hot dog from water

This is the size unit they used for dollar hot dog night:

apw-wyott-hrdi-31s-x-pert-digital-hotrod-30-hot-dog-roller-grill-19-1-2-flat-top.jpg

Can we get the name of who is responsible for food services at the RAC? Who is running this debacle?

Can we get the name of who is responsible for food services at the RAC? Who is running this debacle?
Don't know the name of anyone from Rutgers in charge of complaints about the food, but Sodex has the contract until 2022 to serve it .

Try contacting Matt Colagiovanni, RU's associate athletic director in charge of events and operations

So wait there isn't just terrible service at High Solutions Stadium in which they always run out of the items people actually want?!? This is similar to waiting 20-25 mins at the game verse psu in the freezing cold and them saying they are out of all hot beverages.

Reactions: koleszar
Went to the stand outside of 114 around 6:20-6:30, that part of the concourse was pretty empty. Only one person in line ahead of me, food was ready to go

Bring back University Cater/Dining Services as the food provider. Sodesco is horrible all-around. Another administrative fiasco that may be money related etc. And yes the easiest and most efficient way to handle serving his dogs in any quality is to boil them and have them ready go. Any proficient food catering person will tell you this let alone any person who knows anything about serving food. But as noted...particularly for the course at Rutgers which has one of the best university food service operations in the country and we outsource for Athletics.

Reactions: RoxboroughKnight
Walk over to the Premio kiosk put your alligator arm into your wallet and buy a delicious sausage sandwich with no line

So wait there isn't just terrible service at High Solutions Stadium in which they always run out of the items people actually want?!? This is similar to waiting 20-25 mins at the game verse psu in the freezing cold and them saying they are out of all hot beverages.
Or in the summer in 98 degree heat running out of water. You would think someone would have the foresight and look at the weather forecast. Gee it's going to be cold maybe we should stock up on coffee and hot chocolate. Nah let's keep that ice cream stand open the kids love it.

Walk over to the Premio kiosk put your alligator arm into your wallet and buy a delicious sausage sandwich with no line
Did the guy count out the number of peppers and onions you received? True story had that happen to me at the stadium. Guy counted out 3 onions and 2 peppers. I looked at him and said dude you have to be kidding me. I highly doubt the profit margin is in the onions and peppers. He just looked at me with a blank stare.

Got a hotdog 45 min before the game and no one was in line but the whole process took 5 min for me to get it. Then the girl who was like 17 looked at the register like it was the first time she saw a ....well you know...and didn't know what to do next.

My dog came off a roller but I saw someone I knew at halftime and his dog looked like it just came out of the package

At the Hartford game it took the woman literally 10 minutes to get the debit card thingy to work. Was not the thingy but a user who wasn't properly trained and was using it incorrectly. This is routine. It's a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT