ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t Feed The Trolls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tico brown

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
For a 1-4 team, theres some great discussions on Rutgers football and its future. Is there needs for discussion about how to improve the program? Of course. Has the football staff done everything perfect this year? Hell no!!! But there no need for to feed CE-Level Trolls who are only here to talk crap about the program.

That is all.

I get it that Coach Schiano, the staff and especially the players are disappointed after each of the losses, and winning is the goal. However, the improvement in everything about this program compared to the last 4 years is remarkable. The Eye Test in College Football matters for many reasons.

As a fan and for my own personal view at this stage, I care much more about the process than the end result. This is not Pro Sports where the W or the L is all that matters as per responsibilities of performing a job for huge compensation. In time if the process is done well, the end results will follow. There will be a day when Rutgers Football is winning these games. This program will, during the process, learn how to win. That I have no doubt.

I get it that Coach Schiano, the staff and especially the players are disappointed after each of the losses, and winning is the goal. However, the improvement in everything about this program compared to the last 4 years is remarkable. The Eye Test in College Football matters for many reasons.

As a fan and for my own personal view at this stage, I care much more about the process than the end result. This is not Pro Sports where the W or the L is all that matters as per responsibilities of performing a job for huge compensation. In time if the process is done well, the end results will follow. There will be a day when Rutgers Football is winning these games. This program will, during the process, learn how to win. That I have no doubt.QUOTE} Nicely stated.

Reactions: RURM85
After all the futility the players had to endure over the last 1 to 4 years, they gotta learn how to win again, and losing in the character that they are, builds the blocks necessary to learning how to win again.

The record isn't good. But, the effort, conditioning, play calling, and overall energy level are all remarkable better.
The best compliment I can give this team vs last year is that I've watched every game to the end. They're, at the very least, entertaining again.
Exactly. We are in every game until the end, and the team doesn't quit. And we have a coaching staff that will never punt inside the opponent's 40 yard line.

I still feel that the team is better than 1-4.

The talent is there. The OL is not bad and they have been giving Vedral time. (Their run blocking needs to improve.) Bo Melton is a star. Isaih Pacheco would be putting up numbers if defenses weren't loading the box. Did you see some of his stiff arms? We were a missed FG and a terrible interception away from being 3-2. Fatukasi and Fogg are awesome and Young and Avery are solid. Dwumfour, Turner, Tverdov, Onyechi, Toure, and Mayan are all legitimate B1G dl. This team may be as talented as the 2014 team that went 8-4. The big difference is that the team is learning to win and learning a new offense and defense.

The team can win this week's game if they force turnovers. They were unable to do so against Michigan.

It's clear all of our problems are related to Ash, Blackshear, Trump, Penn State, RutgersAl, BLM, Flood, and Masks.

Reactions: hoquat63
Exactly. We are in every game until the end, and the team doesn't quit. And we have a coaching staff that will never punt inside the opponent's 40 yard line.
That's some passive-aggressive trolling of former CE-board posters by the OP... in a thread ostensibly decrying "trolling".

We saw this in the early years of Schiano part 1. Even when we were losing you could see a brighter future
unfortunately, it was touch and go on the numbers of doubters vs believers vs wait-and-see-ers.. it was really painful even at the games.. to hear the "fans" trolling Schiano.

Me too..its a real odd thread by the OP and not sure why he is bringing up the CE board
It is an easy scapegoat...I’d rather blame the indefensible “2020”...it’s the cool facebookey meme-ish thing to do!

So I guess it's normal and ok with @bac2therac @West Point Knight @GoodOl'Rutgers and others here for one dude to complain about every single thing that the QB does no matter what but I'm the scumbag for calling that dude out? Whatever.
Mentioning the CE board was ridiculous and gratuitous. Everyone knows what a troll is. You don't have to say "CE-level Trolls".. as if there is some special level of trolling that only occurred on that board. You are making this thread political for no good reason whatsoever.

And now you are calling out posters by name for merely expressing opinions on QB play.. as if they could not be right about what they see. You mentioned me by name but I have cautioned people to not blame Vedral for certain plays or decisions because we do not know if the receiver did the right thing.. read the same keys as the QB.. etc. I have even said Vedral's toughness in this last game won me over... real troll talk there.

Making these kind of appeals to stop discussions.. to call out people.. just begs for a response.. a discussion.. as to whether what you are asking for is reasonable. And it is not.. therefore, your thread actually generates the exact opposite of what you want. Now.. because you singled out people you think of as conservatives (and I doubt West Point Knight is).. when a football troll is a liberal.. you are begging others to point that out in order to respond to your use of "CE-level trolls"... how does that help your cause?

oh.. last thing.. many of us have "called out" that poster who harps on Vedral in his self-referential threads. so you are wrong on that count as well. In that thread I said I added him (SCILS02) to my ignore list.. which is kinda what you are suggesting in this thread... so why not just do that.. suggest others do it and list your reasoning. Why bring others into it? Your OP is so unclear that I did not even realize that is what it was about..that particular Vedral-hater.

Last edited:
Only 2 plays away from being 3-2.
We are getting there.
Keep the faith.
Last year we were 2 plays away from 1 less shutout against us and a game where we pass for more than 1 yard. Huge strides this year. I thoroughly enjoy watching this season

Reactions: colbert17
Last year we were 2 plays away from 1 less shutout against us and a game where we pass for more than 1 yard. Huge strides this year. I thoroughly enjoy watching this season
Didn’t we measure passing last year in feet?? 😉

Reactions: colbert17
For a 1-4 team, theres some great discussions on Rutgers football and its future. Is there needs for discussion about how to improve the program? Of course. Has the football staff done everything perfect this year? Hell no!!! But there no need for to feed CE-Level Trolls who are only here to talk crap about the program.

That is all.

Been bringing the positive news from Iowa City for over a year now.

Covfefe!

Reactions: CriticalObserver
As I said in the thread I started after the UM game, we've had a net gain of 141 points in 5 games vs. the 5 games against the same teams last year. That's an improvement of 28 points per game. I don't give a crap what the record is - that's incredible improvement. The wins will come.

As I said in the thread I started after the UM game, we've had a net gain of 141 points in 5 games vs. the 5 games against the same teams last year. That's an improvement of 28 points per game. I don't give a crap what the record is - that's incredible improvement. The wins will come.
So true.

That is all.
Obsessed much, Tica? Here's the difference between you and I as fans. And most fans I know are like me believe it or not. This board is not an accurate reflection of most RU fans.

Me: Actually believe we have a good enough team and players to win some games NOW against average teams. We all love Schiano and the coaching staff. We all know we are much more competitive. But just because we've improved in many stat categories doesn't automatically assume we are "buidling something." Each game and season are different. The Big Ten will probably be harder next year, and the year after that and so on. It ain't getting any easier despite what you think. When I've watched games this year there's been only one team that was clearly better than us - OSU. No RU fan with a brain that I've talked to think Vedral has played good this year. Every RU fan I've talked to believes we should at least be 2-3 with adequate QB play.

You: Into moral victories. Into stats not wins. Thinks everything ESPN says is gospel. Assumes we'll just get better each year because of "statistical progress" from the embarrassing low bar of the Ash disgrace. Forgets many other teams in the Big Ten will be getting better too. Forgets our schedule will get harder in years to come. Forgets we may lose important coaches and players even though we'll bring in new recruiting classes. Forgets that while Schiano is a good coach he's not a miracle worker and QB play and turnovers matter.

The point is you try to win games NOW. If you know anything about Schiano, you know he wants to win NOW and is not making excuses and painting a rosy picture like you do after each loss. EVERY GAME is crucial to our recruiting future. If the program felt like you it would be insulting to every player and coach giving 100% this season trying to WIN games.

It's ok if you disagree. Just don't stalk like a creep. I believe in Schiano like anyone else on this board, but these games now are just as critical to ones moving forward. Wins we've thrown away and close games like this year don't come easy. I look forward to your posts after the Purdue game.

Last edited:
Obsessed much, Tica? Here's the difference between you and I as fans. And most fans I know are like me believe it or not. This board is not an accurate reflection of most RU fans.

Me: Actually believe we have a good enough team and players to win some games NOW against average teams. We all love Schiano and the coaching staff. We all know we are much more competitive. But just because we've improved in many stat categories doesn't automatically assume we are "buidling something." Each game and season are different. The Big Ten will probably be harder next year, and the year after that and so on. It ain't getting any easier despite what you think. When I've watched games this year there's been only one team that was clearly better than us - OSU. No RU fan with a brain that I've talked to think Vedral has played good this year. Every RU fan I've talked to believes we should at least be 2-3 with adequate QB play.

You: Into moral victories. Into stats not wins. Thinks everything ESPN says is gospel. Assumes we'll just get better each year because of "statistical progress" from the embarrassing low bar of the Ash disgrace. Forgets many other teams in the Big Ten will be getting better too. Forgets our schedule will get harder in years to come. Forgets we may lose important coaches and players even though we'll bring in new recruiting classes. Forgets that while Schiano is a good coach he's not a miracle worker and QB play and turnovers matter.

The point is you try to win games NOW. If you know Schiano he wants to win NOW and is not making excuses and painting a rosy picture like you do after each loss. EVERY GAME is crucial to our recruiting future. If the program felt like you it would be insulting to every player and coach giving 100% this season trying to WIN games.

It's ok if you disagree. Just don't stalk like a creep. I believe in Schiano like anyone else on this board, but these games now are just as critical to ones moving forward. Wins we've thrown away and close games like this year don't come easy. I look forward to your posts after the Purdue game.
Fair👍

Reactions: SCILS02
The point is you try to win games NOW.

I must have missed the part where our team and coaching staff is trying to do that, and where our fans aren't really interested in that happening.
Obsessed much, Tica?
2aM0Yno.jpg

Actually I think his post would be fair only if you believe that Langon would be a better option than V as starting QB a proposition that SILS pushed on this board. The issue with his view is the assumption that there is currently a better QB option than Vedral on the roster who gives us a better chance to win right now. Reason might dictate there is not.

All that said, and back to thread topic, win or lose RU is fun to watch again as a fan after Ash sucked all the air out of the program

Reactions: RUPete
GFY and reported
Lol. You ok man? Cussin' and tattling on a college football talking forum? It's just football talk and we are both pulling for RU to do well. You're the one that's been tailing my posts for weeks and disrespecting me repeatedly. We can agree to disagree and have different opinions on the team. It's ok! 👍🏼

Reactions: RUB1GTime
Speaking of trolls, with RU's new found competitiveness and Pedd State's 0-5, I haven't seen PSU troll "yessir321" around here since the season started. For the uninitiated, yessir321 is a PSU troll who comes here masquerading as a RU fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT