ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t kill us yet!

I understand the B1G doing well in out of conference play during the regular season helps our RPI. But come postseason play, we’re way past the point of questioning the legitimacy of the B1G.
The last thing Rutgers needs is a school such as Michigan, which has more money and resources than us, to start winning in lacrosse. If Michigan becomes a consistent force, good luck out recruiting them. It will 100% come at the cost of another B1G school. If you don’t believe me, take a look at Syracuse football from 2006-2011 once Rutgers turned the corner.
One other quick point, when RU made the tournament in 2021, look how many teams from the B1G made it that year. Only two. It was a down year for the B1G. But it didn’t matter because we were good and deserved to get in that year. RU doesn’t need Michigan to start having success. We were fine without them
Michigan can go skip rocks
^ This

I have multiple kids I know well and good families and friends on that team. I like seeing a few of the kids do well, but that’s where it stops.

Thompson (game winner today for UM), Brennan, and my Joey were starting together on offense at Detroit CC in 2017…you think we won some games 😏

I’m no Michigan fan but man they’re hot right now. Gotta give them credit

Hopkins is like an annoying gnat. Surprised they actually get kids to go there. It's in a bad area, there is zero sex appeal about the school, and the night life is negative 100. Even has ugly girls.

The education. That's it. And if you are going that and get into an Ivy, why wouldn't you just go to one of those?

They do have one player we wanted. Collison. No inside info but wouldn't be shocked if he went somewhere else. He got sold a bill of goods by their assistant who left after last season.

Hopkins is like an annoying gnat. Surprised they actually get kids to go there. It's in a bad area, there is zero sex appeal about the school, and the night life is negative 100. Even has ugly girls.

The education. That's it. And if you are going that and get into an Ivy, why wouldn't you just go to one of those?

They do have one player we wanted. Collison. No inside info but wouldn't be shocked if he went somewhere else. He got sold a bill of goods by their assistant who left after last season.
Hopkins absolutely has to be a safety school for Ivy rejects, yet why go there instead of somewhere like a UCLA or Michigan or Georgetown or Northwestern or even an NYU? Sure the academics are good especially the med school, but like you said, it's in a high crime area of Baltimore and the co-eds there are terrible.

Their pre-med is excellent and undergrad is solid across the board. I recall you mentioning Tierney having a 1200 club at Princeton. I can confirm that existed at Hopkins well before that, and cost Dartmouth a future 3X AA because they didn't.

Yea, every guy I am friends with from Princeton was in that club.

It's been said that Tierney left when they friendly admissions guy they had left. I wonder what their admissions are like now.

I am more than positive most if not all schools have some number of people then can get in that don't meet the requirements in lacrosse.

Football and basketball are basically open season.

Yea, every guy I am friends with from Princeton was in that club.

It's been said that Tierney left when they friendly admissions guy they had left. I wonder what their admissions are like now.

I am more than positive most if not all schools have some number of people then can get in that don't meet the requirements in lacrosse.

Football and basketball are basically open season.

It seemed like lacrosse was the admissions office chance for revenge for football and hockey. Lars Tiffany was an assistant in the 90s and didn't wait for his chance. Rick Sowell, who ended up at Navy, was HC the one year they made the NCAAs. Had 3 unheralded prospects who were HM AAs as sophomores. Lost to Syracuse 13-11 at the Dome. He left for St. Johns after that season because he saw the incoming class and knew it wouldn't last.

Navy has been recruiting very well with the added bonus of not being limited to the 12.6 scholarship limit. How they don't win more is astounding.

RU ranked #20 in the IL final season poll. Certainly not what most of us expected. Anyone up for a way to early pre-season ranking for RU next year?

Need to see how the portal shakes out before we can say anything. Too many impact players that can make good teams great.

RU ranked #20 in the IL final season poll. Certainly not what most of us expected. Anyone up for a way to early pre-season ranking for RU next year?

#20 reflects the impact of injuries that one can never predict the future will hold. Between that and the portal there's no basis yet to predict '24.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT