ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t want to hear “a moral victory “ nonsense

Scarlet Shack

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
We outplayed them badly in the second half but still don’t know how to finish it off .

Lot to like and the future is very bright ...keep working hard , developing players and recruiting and keep chopping every week. It’s all going to come together ...and Rutgers football is fun again for us fans ....

But this is not any moral victory ...and don’t use the freaking term . We lost . Let’s get better and win games like this going forward ...and I think we will

I thought I was seeing ghost images of Schiano's aughties teams - Godzillas between the 20s and guppies in the red zone

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
Not a moral victory. Just a game that made the statement that RU is not a result of three bad OOC games. Today simply showed we have a good football team that better be taken seriously. We are not elite but we are simply a good football team. We haven’t been that for several years.

Not a moral victory. Just a game that made the statement that RU is not a result of three bad OOC games. Today simply showed we have a good football team that better be taken seriously. We are not elite but we are simply a good football team. We haven’t been that for several years.
Yes- in a lot of ways it reminds me of when Pike took over hoops. Teams were just expecting to show up and win by 30. They and their fans seemed pissed that we fought them to the end. An effort like today will result in a victory over time.

It’s a loss, but from where we came from…the Schiano haters are crazy he has brought us back to respectability. Good teams and coaches learn from failure. Those saying terrible play calling are also crazy how many yards we gained compared from first half to second…adjustments at half. Not a moral victory but proved we belong.

We outplayed them badly in the second half but still don’t know how to finish it off .

Lot to like and the future is very bright ...keep working hard , developing players and recruiting and keep chopping every week. It’s all going to come together ...and Rutgers football is fun again for us fans ....

But this is not any moral victory ...and don’t use the freaking term . We lost . Let’s get better and win games like this going forward ...and I think we will

The only ones that ever use the term are the ones who say we can't declare one. Like you.

Weird, that.

Rutgers is no longer an easy win. We were in it till Vedral fumbled. So we are about two minutes away from really belonging.

Reactions: HeywoodGiant
There actually are "moral victories". Like when ur picked to get ur balls kicked in by one of the better teams in the country, and them go out and go toe to toe and only lose because of a couple unforced errors.
The guys hopefully learned that small details win or lose games for u and grow from it.
Tremendous effort today.Don't minimize it because we lost.

might lead to a few recruiting victories though. I'll take that

In close games it comes down to offensive execution at crunch time.Vedral had a chance to run the ball for a touchdown but decided to pass the ball to a wide receiver who was double covered in the corner of the end zone.
I don’t want to kill Vedral for this because overall I think he was a true leader out there and played a solid game, but I think he had that run - for a first down at the very least.

Oh Ok. You’re kind of like the boss in this situation so we don’t want to disappoint you and what you “don’t want to hear” really matters to a lot of people.

Football is two halves. Just because you play better in the second half doesn't mean you deserve the win. Michigan punched it in when they got down to the red zone, our team did not. My feeling is that this is because we don't have the playmakers on offense that can make that happen, the guys who can just elude one more grasp and get into the end zone, or the qb that can hit the far corner with a fade and the receiver who can reach out and get it. But that can change.

Football is two halves. Just because you play better in the second half doesn't mean you deserve the win. Michigan punched it in when they got down to the red zone, our team did not. My feeling is that this is because we don't have the playmakers on offense that can make that happen, the guys who can just elude one more grasp and get into the end zone, or the qb that can hit the far corner with a fade and the receiver who can reach out and get it. But that can change.
It does show we are a few players away.

This game showed that our Defense can compete against the top offenses in the B1G.

Whats not to like about that?
As frustrating as this loss was, I think you make a great point. The lines competed hard and well today. That’s not to say there won’t be match up problems down the line, but there were good signs today.

Reactions: lighty
No such thing as a moral victory, unless you expect to be the loser. We should not accept losing. If Rutgers had come out ready to play, I think we win. This is a disappointment, that should steel our resolve, because we have made up a lot of ground. Play hard for 60 minutes. Let's flip a couple of 4 🌟 for good measure.

GFY

Reactions: RUgrad75
So what you're saying is, Michigan is a good team..?

I like to think we were playing possum wrt our remaining Big Ten opponents. But I have some doubts.
You are a knowledgable football guy, Michigan biased for sure, but come on now. Playing possum getting your tail kicked in the entire 2nd half? You thought the powerhouse running attack would crush RU and that the spread was accurate, if not light. Screw the playing possum talk. Michigan will be a factor in the B1G, but not a powerhouse by any means. Mostly the same players from last year. They will lose games. But are a good team.

OK then how about you can take a lot of positives away from the game. Questions that weren't answered in the 1st 3 games suddenly became more crystal clear.

-The revamped line of inserting Rainey and Pierce paved the way for 196 yds. rushing
-The defense held Michigan's 340 yd. a game rushing juggernaut to a mere 114 yds. without our top DL for a half

We were worried about the lines. Well they just had their best game in their biggest game to date.

2 years in a row we were in position to beat UM with far less talent. People have unrealistic expectations. Coaching anywhere is never perfect but ours has done a great job overall.

spot on

Reactions: TM94goRU
Uuugh - Rutgers took this team to OT last year so they knew they were in for a game.

So while not necessarily a moral victory - it will only serve to help keep the recruiting class together by being competitive. They will want this one back for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT