ADVERTISEMENT

Don't Know About Anyone Else....

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
...but I have zero desire to watch any more of the tournament right now. Too many what ifs and could have beens for me.
That being said congrats to Pike and all the players for their hard work and dedication in what was one of the most stressful college sports seasons ever. I think it is a credit to our coaches, medical staff and the university as a whole that we didn't need to cancel a single football or mens basketball game this year due to COVID concerns. Not sure if any other B1G 10 school can make that claim. Another item for us to bring up to Mom during the recruiting wars that we take care of your/our kids.
Hopefully this is the start of an annual event, going to the tournament, and not just a once in a generation event.

Finally kudos to the fans who made the trek to Indy and stood by our guys this weekend. You were definitely heard and showed the country what kind of fans we have at Rutgers. You made us all proud.

Go RU!!!

I got over it on the 9+ hour drive back. Didn’t look at the boards once last night after the game, nor for the first few hours on the road this morning if I recall correctly, but the drive was more or less catharsis for me as I realized there’s really nothing to be upset about. Does it suck, sure we could’ve gotten further without question, but I can’t wait to do it again! Only about 20% of teams in NCAA Division I make it to the NCAA tournament every year. We had it made it for 30 years. I can live with going to the round of 32 and losing to a 2-seed by 3 points.

I got over it on the 9+ hour drive back. Didn’t look at the boards once last night after the game, nor for the first few hours on the road this morning if I recall correctly, but the drive was more or less catharsis for me as I realized there’s really nothing to be upset about. Does it suck, sure we could’ve gotten further without question, but I can’t wait to do it again! Only about 20% of teams in NCAA Division I make it to the NCAA tournament every year. We had it made it for 30 years. I can live with going to the round of 32 and losing to a 2-seed by 3 points.
Very similar to what I said in my thread. Having two years in a row that were the best 2 years in a row since the mid/late 70s is something to treasure. Going to the tourney and losing in the 2nd round >>>>>>>> having no winning seasons in 135 years. Having said that, I also generally don't post for awhile after a loss and have no interest in games today. Might watch some this weekend and I'm sure I'll watch the FF.

I'm watching it. Yeah, we're not in it anymore. But did you not watch for the last 30 years? I thought we could get to the sweet 16.....we didn't.
After no tourney last year, I am definitely watching this year.

Reactions: Rokodesh
I'm having a hard time getting into watching any more of the tournament right now. For me March Madness might have ended when Harper missed that last three. We'll see. Perhaps I'll regain my interest in it by the next round.
Brutal, brutal loss.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Watching games right now, rooting for Maryland to take down Bama. Will be rooting for Syracuse to lose next weekend. The women’s team losing today was frustrating as I thought they were the better team. Watched the entire Gonzaga game and got to see how good they are.

I’m watching marylan getting taken to tje
Woodshed and actually makes me
Feel better. That is a 10 vs 2 matchup and easily
Could have been us.
We lost by 3..yes the fashion for how we lost sucked but it wasn’t an embarrassing blowout

Reactions: Scarlet Beach
I'm watching it. Yeah, we're not in it anymore. But did you not watch for the last 30 years? I thought we could get to the sweet 16.....we didn't.
After no tourney last year, I am definitely watching this year.
Not being in the tourney for those 30 years it was easy to just watch the other teams and enjoy the tournament. I wasn't emotionally invested. But after Sunday I couldn't watch yesterday and I was working from home. Didn't watch last night either. Will watch maybe next weekend with passing interest if I have nothing better to do. Won't go out of my way, the way we lost just sucks and I'm onto baseball.

Reactions: Rutgers56 and Kbee3
its like going on an all night bender and then your friends asking you to go to happy hour a few hours later, its hard to do

give it a week and everyone should be okay again

Reactions: fluoxetine
I'm also still in the "feeling ill" stage of this grief. I can't consume any other basketball, no interest in the tournament at this point. I just keep thinking about all the small little moves/plays that could've changed the outcome.

The team played an outstanding game, one of their best of the season, and it hurts to have it spoiled by a collection of mistakes down the stretch.

Eventually I'll get over it. But just like the WVU game back in 2006, it'll forever stick with me as a program changing opportunity that just slipped through our fingers, quite literally.

Reactions: Antnee79 and Kbee3
I went to Bankers Life and caught Oregon’s beat down of Iowa before heading back to Jersey. Seeing that level of disappointment from a bunch of people who had soaring expectations for their team helped me feel a little less distraught before the long drive home.

Re-watching highlights from the Clemson game helps too.

Havnt watched anything basketball related since the loss. I doubt I do at all. Maybe the championship game. Sunday was the most upsetting sports let down for me in years. I'm really not over it...I definitely take sports, and RU sports too seriously, but it's how I'm wired maybe.

Reactions: Rutgers56
Well, if any of you find yourself still interested in the tournament, Arkansas is playing Saturday afternoon late versus Oral Roberts.

We would always welcome a few more fans as we strive to move on to another game.

Right now, I agree. By next weekend I’ll be watching again. Honestly watching other teams lose (and every game has a loser!) will make me feel better.
I think I will watch every game except Houston-Syracuse. That’s one will just piss me off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT