ADVERTISEMENT

Don't Touch The Hands of A Shooter that Misses a FT...It's Apparently Contagious!

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Our FT shooting is abysmal. It sucks. I can't believe how bad we are at making a shots that every player should be able to convert around >66%.

Like Monmouth last year when the had their creative bench cheers etc. Rutgers needs to do something to wake up the players / team.

Turning you back on the player...or putting your hand out then withdrawing it before he touches it after a missed FT.might be a start. Then instead of rewarding little Jimmy for 2nd place , when only two teams are competing, we could offer congratulations / fist bumps when we actually do something to deserve it : like make the f'ing FT.

MO

Never really understood the theory behind shaking hands on a miss. Must be for encouragement or.... Maybe we should just look away instead.

Pros do it so it looks cool? Personally, when I miss FTs ( rarely ;) ) i respond better when I get yelled at by my teammates.

Pros do it so it looks cool? Personally, when I miss FTs ( rarely ;) ) i respond better when I get yelled at by my teammates.

Rutgers used to have really GREAT results from the FT line. Lloyd was over 90% (didn't check google)...and think he set the then record of 60 straight free throws without a miss. Then a couple years later we had a kid named Kaplan(?) who either lead the nation or was in he top tier (over 90%).

MO

Rutgers used to have really GREAT results from the FT line. Lloyd was over 90% (didn't check google)...and think he set the then record of 60 straight free throws without a miss. Then a couple years later we had a kid named Kaplan(?) who either lead the nation or was in he top tier (over 90%).

MO

That's like 80 years ago.

Well this is just my theory regarding poor free throws; guys are really hustling and maybe a bit tired. I remember always wishing I could take a minute to calm down when I'm on the line. The longer I took the better my FT's were. I think it will Improve as soon as we have more depth and more frequent substitutions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT