ADVERTISEMENT

Doorsan

bowlgoal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2004
:smiley: I am seeing a player who is doing some really nice things on the court and I think learning by watching CJ. And seeing him up close, what a difference. He lost so much weight and looks like a completely different player. Regardless of the numbers and the minutes, it's the little things that he's doing and not fouling as much.

Reactions: Scangg and RU-ROCS
:smiley: I am seeing a player who is doing some really nice things on the court and I think learning by watching CJ. And seeing him up close, what a difference. He lost so much weight and looks like a completely different player. Regardless of the numbers and the minutes, it's the little things that he's doing and not fouling as much.

Great point. Him and CJ could be similar players, with Doorson having the edge.

Props to Jay Young. Guy is a winner for sure. Defensively with the team, with the bigs. Very impressive Coach. Great person as well. I sent him a couple emails, and he got back to me. Big fan of what he is doing for the program.

Reactions: Scangg
Let's hope he can be 80-90% of the player that CJ is this year for next year and this thing will keep rolling. Would love to see another big brought in for depth. Was not impressed with Diallonin limited mins last night, but maybe he can surprise with another year of development. Otherwise you have Doorson/Sa who can play the 5 next year and Freeman/EO at the 4. Not bad, but think CJ will be missed.

Let's hope he can be 80-90% of the player that CJ is this year for next year and this thing will keep rolling. Would love to see another big brought in for depth. Was not impressed with Diallonin limited mins last night, but maybe he can surprise with another year of development. Otherwise you have Doorson/Sa who can play the 5 next year and Freeman/EO at the 4. Not bad, but think CJ will be missed.

Cj will definitely be missed. He is vocal, loves the fans, good player, etc.

It will be interesting to see who is brought in, who leaves. We need a backup for Freeman that can develop under him.

CJ is a great guy for him to learn from. I love the fact that CJ is loud calling out screens.

Shaq is progressing, but has a long way to go. OOC next year will be very important. Playing time won't be a given, wouldn't shock me if Diallo is "in the mix."

He is progressing nicely....I think he can be a legit 6/6 guy next year in 20 mpg...

was going to post something similar.

he really is improving.

we forget that even at the top schools, most big men don't usually show distinct improvement until their junior year (other than the superstars), and Shaq missed all of last year with an injury, AND he's learning to move around with sig less weight. So, his curve is slightly behind anyway.

I watch him a lot when he is out there, and he still has a long ways to go, but I really like how he is improving.

Another solid check in the Pikiell column (and of course props to Shaq!)

Great point. Him and CJ could be similar players, with Doorson having the edge.

Props to Jay Young. . I sent him a couple emails, and he got back to me.

:grimace: Let the coaches spend time coaching and recruiting and not return e-mails from fans.

:grimace: Let the coaches spend time coaching and recruiting and not return e-mails from fans.

You can do that if you choose. It was really cool for Jay Young to give me some insight. I emailed him to thank him on bringing back RU hoops, congratulate him on his successes and asked him what he preaches on defense.

Great coach.

Reactions: Scangg and geoman
He is progressing nicely....I think he can be a legit 6/6 guy next year in 20 mpg...
Doorson will be required to play more than 20 mpg next year. Unless we bring in a freshman with height (which we really need to), Doorson will be the only player on the roster over 6"9'.

Doorson will be required to play more than 20 mpg next year. Unless we bring in a freshman with height (which we really need to), Doorson will be the only player on the roster over 6"9'.
Diallo is 6'10".

Do you mean for the 2017/2018 season? Rutgers will only lose CJ after this year. Freeman, Doorson, Diallo and Sa are back for next year. It's the following season (2018/2019) Rutgers will only have Doorson and Diallo as the big men.

Remember, the difference between 6 8 and 6 10, 7 foot is not that great. Just look at that center on Purdue. averages 5 rebounds a game and is 7 2.

You have to have players that are willing to go, keep going, go some more. Freeman types. An inch of two in height will not matter much.

I hope that Diallo is a contributor next year, trust me. But even he is not a 7 footer. And while Sa is a nice player, he is only 6"9' and not a true center. When Doorson is on the bench next year, we will not have elite height on the floor and will have to learn to play as a smaller team. It's just a different style, not necessarily a bad thing

Diallo has to improve in every phase of the game and would need to make he's foul shots. It was crazy how bad we were from the line last year and I don't think our new coach will tolerate missed free throws and give anyone real minutes who can't knock them down.

What you do notice is the coaches teaching our players on the bench during the game and that's so valuable. Doorsan is doing exactly what CJ does and that's he plays within himself and doesn't make the same mistakes. CJ is a smart basketball player and Doorsan is figuring things out. Again, I can't believe the weight loss and development of his body under this staff. Looks like our S & C coach is hoops is another one like Kenny Parker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT