ADVERTISEMENT

Dropkick Murphys “Boston” song

Overall the gameday operations, music, video and sound seemed much better to me yesterday.

But for every improvement, they always introduce something awful.

The PA guy with the drawn out 3rd down announcement is frigin awful. He needs to cut that out.
New game day producer I believe.

They made an announcement about eric. Showed a graphic of the number 52 on the big screen played a very small snippet of the song then cut to a very short video of the 52 in the stadium. They did not play the song in its entirety the way they usually do

I hope someone sets them straight on that.

Reactions: ScarletDave
There's no reason the soundtrack can't be unique. None.

That "clap your hands" thing makes me want to strangle people and, frankly, the Metallica 3rd down bit is sooooo played out.

I get pumped when I hear that song by Dropkick. Maybe the players do too. Also a great scene from a great movie in The Departed.

Aside from this issue I thought they did a much better job overall today. The only problem, honestly, you can’t hear the band at all. It’s so small it’s unbelievable. They really need to be mic’d up.
I had no problem hearing them in 131, but I did find the PA to be uncomfortably loud as others have complained last year. I think the problem is the volume is not consistent throughout the stadium. My friends in 118 who eventually came over to 131 said that in 118 they couldn't hear the band at all and could barely hear the PA which I found hard to believe.

Had the same conversation in our section. Why the longer and more annoying than usual “it’s thiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrdddddddd down”. It’s like Nolan was instructed to be more annoying than the guy with the the train horn.
I think he tries to sync up to the music but does a terrible job of starting at the right time, resulting in having to awkwardly stretch it out.

I liked it when announcers announced instead of being cheerleaders, the marching band played the music, and the only train horn was off in the distance when the Jersey Coast Line went thru town.

Now Get Off My Lawn!

• Haha
Reactions: MrsScrew
I liked it when announcers announced instead of being cheerleaders, the marching band played the music, and the only train horn was off in the distance when the Jersey Coast Line went thru town.

Now Get Off My Lawn!
Jersey Coast line is pretty far away from the stadium and from NB, lol

They made an announcement about eric. Showed a graphic of the number 52 on the big screen played a very small snippet of the song then cut to a very short video of the 52 in the stadium. They did not play the song in its entirety the way they usually do
Minor point, but they've never played the song in its entirety - it's 4:11 - but it was definitely shorter than normal.

Jersey Coast line is pretty far away from the stadium and from NB, lol
That’s what I thought too…at first.

But when you read the bold and remember where he lives it makes sense.

Now Get Off My Lawn!

Reactions: knightfan7
The train horn does have some relevance to us, New Brunswick is the “Hub City”. It’s in the name. When walking around college Ave and I hear the train go by we say “touchdown Rutgers” .. I do like the horn. That said I don’t like the horn being held on for 10 seconds like it was this past Saturday. Needs to tone it back down a bit.

Reactions: RU848789
Dropkick Murphys “Boston” I like the song. Not gonna lie. But if I ever hear that song in our stadium again, let alone every five minutes, I’m going to absolutely lose my mind. Am I the only one who feels this way? I’m pretty sure I heard it somewhere between 7 and 10 times today in the stadium. What the ****?
Love the song too, but one of us is hallucinating, as I only recall it being played once...we nerd the playlist, lol..

I considered that but his post sounded like it was from the perspective of someone at the game...
You’re both old so I can see why the two of you might be confused.

It happens.🤷‍♂️

I am glad we no longer have to deal with the absolutely intolerable sound level. No game day experience will ever be as bad as that was not so long ago.

The train whistle really Hass to go. This is not Purdue, it has no relevance to us.

The fireworks display was very nice, and it was great that it was choreographed so well to music. what bothered me was that the people in the lot refused to turn off their music while the music from the fireworks display was playing, and that kind of took away from that experience.
Parking lot people didn't turn their music down? Are you guys serious with this stuff?
Every single person bitching in this thread should be made to go the next BC home game.
RU folks accept your apologies in advance.
I was OK with the sound levels this week. Don't pay attention to the PA guy so don't care what he says.
Love the Drop Kick Murphy's by the way.

We did....an addition, not a replacement....but also a psu grad

From Michigan. Will we be singing Mister Brightside? It's popular at Michigan and Boston College, but what a total buzzkill. The lyrics are about a man who is obsessed with a girl that is seeing another man, imagining what they’re doing behind closed doors.

The train horn does have some relevance to us, New Brunswick is the “Hub City”. It’s in the name. When walking around college Ave and I hear the train go by we say “touchdown Rutgers” .. I do like the horn. That said I don’t like the horn being held on for 10 seconds like it was this past Saturday. Needs to tone it back down a bit.
I like the horn and it's certainly relevant at RU and for many, many fans who live close to train lines.

Parking lot people didn't turn their music down? Are you guys serious with this stuff?
Every single person bitching in this thread should be made to go the next BC home game.
RU folks accept your apologies in advance.
I was OK with the sound levels this week. Don't pay attention to the PA guy so don't care what he says.
Love the Drop Kick Murphy's by the way.
If you are too low brow to appreciate how the firework show was coordinated with the music, than you probably wouldn’t mind different competing music blaring in every corner of the parking lot at the same time. If you come to appreciate that there is an art to it, maybe it’ll change your mind.

From Michigan. Will we be singing Mister Brightside? It's popular at Michigan and Boston College, but what a total buzzkill. The lyrics are about a man who is obsessed with a girl that is seeing another man, imagining what they’re doing behind closed doors.
Most don't give a crap what the song might be about, because it's simply a great, iconic rock and roll song.

Reactions: Terry_2426
If you are too low brow to appreciate how the firework show was coordinated with the music, than you probably wouldn’t mind different competing music blaring in every corner of the parking lot at the same time. If you come to appreciate that there is an art to it, maybe it’ll change your mind.
The fireworks and the music were meant to be enjoyed inside the stadium. We left and watched from the Yellow lot. You can’t complain about people playing music in the lots post game.

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
Most don't give a crap what the song might be about, because it's simply a great, iconic rock and roll song.
Opinions vary. I think it is a weak song to get the stadium rocking. It's very lame, kind of like when RU used to play In the Air Tonight at night games. Just sucked the life out of the stadium, even though it is a great song.

Wisconsin and Virginia Tech have great songs in Jump Around and Enter Sandman to get the place rocking.

We had The Knight Pulse going for a while, which was a great pump up song, but maybe we got away from it because it originated in 2015. We even did it on Greg's introduction at the RAC in December 2019, and the place was rocking. The students love it. We should embrace it and make it ours. @MrsScrew ?? @AreYouNUTS ?? What do you think?

This song is awesome !! What's the problem with a song about a guy going to Boston looking for his wooden leg ?? Maybe its because some Yankee fans are butthurt that it is also an inspirational song used by the fans of the most successful MLB team of the 21st century ?? Lots lot of us Red Sox fans living here in NJ love hearing this song !!

Fine, play it when the Red Sox are playing at Rutgers.

No. Every game. Win or lose. Play the song. Show the crowd singing. Run on the field with the flag. Show Eric. Show the 52.
Every game.

Sorry dear. I'll take care of it right now.

Oh. What? I read that in your "yell at me" voice.

There's no reason the soundtrack can't be unique. None.

That "clap your hands" thing makes me want to strangle people and, frankly, the Metallica 3rd down bit is sooooo played out.

That "girls yelling "whoa"" song drives me insane and it's everywhere.

Dropkick Murphys “Boston” I like the song. Not gonna lie. But if I ever hear that song in our stadium again, let alone every five minutes, I’m going to absolutely lose my mind. Am I the only one who feels this way? I’m pretty sure I heard it somewhere between 7 and 10 times today in the stadium. What the ****?
Any chance they were making fun of BC?

I think they play that to drive up beer sales. Every time I hear it I think of Sam Adams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT