ADVERTISEMENT

Duke hires Kara Lawson as HC

MADHAT1

Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2003
She was an assistant with the Boston Celtics last year, I think that's her only coaching experience, but could be wrong.

I really don't know what to say about this hire for Duke, guess they feel her potential as a HC outweighs her lack of experience at the coaching level.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
She was an assistant with the Boston Celtics last year, I think that's her only coaching experience, but could be wrong.

I really don't know what to say about this hire for Duke, guess they feel her potential as a HC outweighs her lack of experience at the coaching level.
This appears to be a win, win, win for Duke. I do agree that she doesn't have a lot of coaching experience, but she has years of experience both playing at the highest level and also as a commentator.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Was she a coach for the USAB 3-on-3 team?
Apparently, yes, but you don't coach on the bench in that sport. Someone was asked about this on the UConn Boneyard (which has followed the 3x3 due to players on the teams) and that's what they said, anyhow.

This is a pretty good hire. You never know if a new coach is going to work out, but I think you can be sure that she'll work incredibly hard, and she has huge credibility with potential recruits.

Contract details will be interesting (if released)

ADVERTISEMENT