ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Harper

Lawboy12007

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2021
Dylan Harper is a member of the NY Renaissance U 16. Men’s basketball team that is presentlyin Kansas City at the fourth NIKE EYBL. Yesterday Rutgers Head Coach Steve Pikiell was there watching along with Duke Coach Jon Scheyer and Mick Cronin of UCLA. There were at least a dozen assistants and other coaches. Dylan put on a show and scored at all three levels, as well as, playing in your pants defense. His recruitment is about to explode on the national Scene as more of the big branded names are starting to notice him.

Reactions: RUTRINI and DirtyRU
Dylan Harper is a member of the NY Renaissance U 16. Men’s basketball team that is presentlyin Kansas City at the fourth NIKE EYBL. Yesterday Rutgers Head Coach Steve Pikiell was there watching along with Duke Coach Jon Scheyer and Mick Cronin of UCLA. There were at least a dozen assistants and other coaches. Dylan put on a show and scored at all three levels, as well as, playing in your pants defense. His recruitment is about to explode on the national Scene as more of the big branded names are starting to notice him.
C’mon Dylan! We need ya and you would crush it at Rutgers!!

Make the tourney this year and next and he jumps on board in the summer or fall of '24

I picture him going to Duke. By the end of his senior yr - he'll probably be a top 12 player in his class. Every school will offer

Hopefully he can get a Dylan Harper chant going his way the next time he's at the RAC. He knows how much love he would get playing at RU; I hope that provides a boost to Rutgers' chance of landing him (which will be tough given the competition).

Hopefully he can get a Dylan Harper chant going his way the next time he's at the RAC. He knows how much love he would get playing at RU; I hope that provides a boost to Rutgers' chance of landing him (which will be tough given the competition).
Dylan Harper chants should be mandatory at every game he attends.

Chant it every single home game regardless IMO

Show him endless love and make it as hard as possible for him to turn us down

He's gonna be a 5 star when all is said and done. Gonna be a crazy recruiting battle with schools like Duke and Kentucky getting in the mix with all their re$ources.
My prediction
One and done
RU

I sure hope that Dylan will come to RU. I know Ron loved his time at Rutgers and Dylan would just add to the love given to his entire family.
His brother's success in the NBA could enhance Rutgers chances with Dylan.The competition will include elite schools that have many current and former NBA players.Perception matters in recruiting perceived elite players on a fast track to the NBA.

By the time he gets here we’ll also be playing UCLA and USC. He’ll have a truly National stage to perform on. The atmosphere at the RAC will be way off the charts, with a ton of TV exposure and NCAA tourney participation.

Dylan Harper chants should be mandatory at every game he attends.

Chant it every single home game regardless IMO

Show him endless love and make it as hard as possible for him to turn us down
I wouldn’t assume he comes to as many games this year as previous seasons given that his brother is not there. Hope I’m wrong.

Does this count? My wife and I sat next to Kyrie Irving at the RAC many years ago when Irving played at Duke. He came to the RAC around the Christmas holiday to see a backcourt player on Rutgers from NC whose name escapes me. Kyrie was tight friends with the player’s brother. BTW, Kyrie couldn’t have been a nicer or more articulate guy. We were impressed with the way he handled himself.

Does this count? My wife and I sat next to Kyrie Irving at the RAC many years ago when Irving played at Duke. He came to the RAC around the Christmas holiday to see a backcourt player on Rutgers from NC whose name escapes me. Kyrie was tight friends with the player’s brother. BTW, Kyrie couldn’t have been a nicer or more articulate guy. We were impressed with the way he handled himself.
Did he convince you the earth is flat??

I've seen him easy 20 games. The only thing lacking in his game is consistency. Once he gets that doen he will be complete player. He is a sneaky scorer in his bad shooting days he still ends up putting up numbers. By end of senior yr will be a stud. Better shooting form the RHJ and more hops but does not yet have RHJ's power game

He's gonna be a 5 star when all is said and done. Gonna be a crazy recruiting battle with schools like Duke and Kentucky getting in the mix with all their re$ources.

Kentucky is a dumpster fire. Duke has an unproven HC. I like our odds with Pike.

Reactions: BillyC80

There’s a great YouTube of him popping into Montclair state gym and just playing. He’s made some odd decisions over the last 6 years, but seems like a good dude.

he came to watch Eli carter who he’s best friends with. You had to be in 118 because he also showed up with Nolan Smith I believe.

I saw a few nights later at MSG vs UNC - he sat about 7 seats away from me.

The one big thing not making me confident about Dylan is if he’s like RHJ. RHJ always was big about making his own name and not just being his dads son. If Dylan has that same mentality, idk how much he’ll want to be at Rutgers and play in his brothers shadow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT