ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Harper

One of the biggest flops ever. Vitale coached him on HS and brought him along. Vastly overrated by the alleged experts.
I can remember sitting with friends in the stands at the Garden, eagerly awaiting Cason's first appearance as a Scarlet Knight. Then the team came out....no Les. One of my buds soon spotted Les....taking a seat in the stands.
I think it was an eligibility issue.
BTW, I seem to remember him appearing on the cover of one of those sports magazines back in the day when he was making a name for himself and Vitale in Rutherford....billed as the next Alcindor.

I can remember sitting with friends in the stands at the Garden, eagerly awaiting Cason's first appearance as a Scarlet Knight. Then the team came out....no Les. One of my buds soon spotted Les....taking a seat in the stands.
I think it was an eligibility issue.
BTW, I seem to remember him appearing on the cover of one of those sports magazines back in the day when he was making a name for himself and Vitale in Rutherford....billed as the next Alcindor.
Was somewhat spacy. In today days the president of the court club owned a restaurant in down town NB. Rutgers players ate free. Over day Less sealed in ordered a steak salad he'd be right back and never returned. There were a number of such stories. All in all a very sad tale.

Reminds me of high hopes during OO recruitment in the 90's? Then it all went poof... Coulda used NIL back rhen

Idk, but I'll go out on a limb and say RUMBB has never gotten a 5-star player.
Rutgers won't be landing 2 kids in a class comparable to Sellers and Dabney. That should be relatively obvious. But Gavin and Dylan are in different classes. On a few levels. Gavin is very talented and will start 130 straight games at Rutgers. No NBA guarantee. Dylan will be a lottery pick. He is incredible. When he has a final 3:Rutgers will be in it. No doubt. But to say Jon is unproven and that could be a difference maker and that Duke may be in a lesser conference is silly. Duke is Duke. And Scheyer will win big there. He has already recruited bigger than Coach K did in consecutive years. Don't we surprised if Kansas is not a player with Rutgers,UCLA,Duke and Kentucky. Good neighborhood. Way too early to say anything definitive other than that he is a no miss player.

Watch out for UCLA. Gotta hope the long term relationship with Pikiell and staff pays dividends in the long run.
Your comments don't match with elite recruit viewpoints which means playing for a team that can win a national championship.Nobody knows what is important for Dylan Harper.

Your comments don't match with elite recruit viewpoints which means playing for a team that can win a national championship.Nobody knows what is important for Dylan Harper.
Not sure what you mean?

I mentioned UCLA because in past comments, Dylan Harper mentioned UCLA as a school he would like to hear from before he even had an offer from them. He also said distance was not a factor.

Now, based on reports from his games, Mick Cronin was at his game watching. That's why I said watch out for UCLA.

AND...UCLA can't win a national title ? They were just in the Final 4.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT