ADVERTISEMENT

Early congratulations on #6 recruiting class for 2022!

Southern Gentleman

All American
Aug 10, 2011
I don’t know how to post the link to 24/7 sports that shows Rutgers with the #6 ranked recruiting class for 2022. 2nd in the B1G behind OSU.

I think we all knew that the corner would be turned onto better days ahead, and recruiting a stellar class is the best way to get to our destination!

I don’t know how to post the link to 24/7 sports that shows Rutgers with the #6 ranked recruiting class for 2022. 2nd in the B1G behind OSU.

I think we all knew that the corner would be turned onto better days ahead, and recruiting a stellar class is the best way to get to our destination!
I would wait until those signatures are on those forms. But yeah, so far so good.

I am so ready for football season to start again! Tailgating, packing in the stadiums, winning a close game, watching the fans, feeling the excitement of the game live and in person. And NOT anticipating a loss anymore because our recruiting was not up to par with other conference members.

Arkansas and Rutgers fans have a lot in common as we have both known the agony of losing seasons, but we also share a burning desire to get back on the National stage with a highly competitive team. Might happen this year, might happen next year, but it WILL happen!

The Flood disaster is over. I have been a Rutgers fan since 1976 and I will never forget this moment—

I was fired up watching that a little over a year ago. I had hope to return to happy times. I thought GS was as inspirational as ever. The last few weeks have made me believe we ALL are seeing something magical. None of us know how to read it cause we've never seen this level of excitement in recruiting. There are very bright days ahead for Rutgers.

I believe him now. Rutgers will be #1!!

SG, in addition to Arkansas, where is the new coach focusing his recruiting? What is he doing with the high school coaches and players, media, and fans that previous coaches didn’t or didn’t do well?

SG, in addition to Arkansas, where is the new coach focusing his recruiting? What is he doing with the high school coaches and players, media, and fans that previous coaches didn’t or didn’t do well?

Great question! Pittman has hired some very strong assistant coaches who are great recruiters as well as coaches. Pittman embraces and engages the fan base at every opportunity, unlike Chad Morris and Bielima. I think it all starts with our athletic director, Hunter Yurachek. He knew what type of coach he wanted in football and basketball, one that both high expectations and high impact with the players and fans. Both Pittman and Eric Musselman in BB meet those criteria.

The players seem to love and respect the coaching staffs. As a result, they are buying in, or leaving via the transfer portal.
Either way, I am excited to watch the upcoming seasons of both football and basketball.

of course, ourBaseball team(men and women’s) are kicking ass and the track team is perennial a top national contender.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
The “excitement“ and “culture “ that a head coach brings to the table helps to dictate how the fans and 0layers react.
tickets will be harder to come by moving forward, probably more so with Basketball than football. Bud Walton arena holds 20,000 and DWReynolds stadium holds around 90,000. Walton Arena will be packed every game if COVID minmalizes.

As to states where we recruit, Arkansas only produces around 6 D1 athletes every year, so we have to recruit Texass and Oklahoma heavily. In Basketball, Musselman recruits nationally all the time.
track and field recruits are both nationally and internationally. Baseball recruiting is solid in Arkansas but we also recruit the rest of the country, mostly SEC areas.

SG, just heard some bad news. Our school President will be the new President at the University of Arkansas. Football games will have a limit of 5,000 and all indoor sports, including basketball, will have a limit of 178 fans. He said he will revisit the situation once corona is completely removed from the entire planet.

SG, just heard some bad news. Our school President will be the new President at the University of Arkansas. Football games will have a limit of 5,000 and all indoor sports, including basketball, will have a limit of 178 fans. He said he will revisit the situation once corona is completely removed from the entire planet.
April 1st was a few weeks ago.
I am hoping the weather down here clears up. I have 2 Rutgers flags to be flown over my deck along with 7 other flags.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
SG, what have been the limits for the Arkansas baseball games and Spring football game ? Are they expecting the whole football stadium open for football in September? —That is a lot of flags !

Baseball I believe is 50% of capacity, or around 7500.

no decision yet on opening the stadium to full capacity. I don’t think that will be an issue unless we start winning more football games.

I lOVE your use of the word .
OUR
I fly 2 Rutgers flags from my top deck overlooking the Arkansas River. I guess I have been a glutton for punishment as I obviously follow my Razorbacks, and their losing seasons, and Rutgers, and the Scarlet Knights struggles.

It is time to turn the corner for BOTH teams! Always loved Schiano and love the enthusiasm that both he and Sam Pittman bring to the table.

Great things are arriving on our doorsteps! And they are not delivered by Amazon.

ADVERTISEMENT