ADVERTISEMENT

Early Season Road Games

biazza38

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
This needs to be addressed. When was the last time we won a road or neutral site OOC game?
I’ll give you a hint, Covid didn’t exist. This is a major problem and is why we end up late in the season on the bubble when we should be squarely in.
We finished 4th in the B1G last year but we had to sweat out on selection Sunday. This is a major issue. That’s all.

Home games we have been taking 20+ foul shots. Today 4……..4?

You can be sarcastic all you want. It’s a freaking issue
So the perceived problem is we don't win road OOC games?

How many games are we talking about here?

Temple --- no Caleb or Paul
Miami --- no Paul
UMASS -- no Geo and Pike makes crotation changes after game that turns season around

We probably also stink playing on the road, on Tuesdays when the attendance is divisible by 3 and the temperature is above 52 degrees.

it would be at Miami a few years back

but losses to St Bonnies, Pitt, Temple, UMass, De Paul, and Miami and only Miami was good

RU will not have a quality ooc win away from him....and are 0-2 already on the road, this was a Q1 opportunity

I think you have to give some credit for a solid Maryland win in the 5th game of 20-21

I of course realize this is not OOC, but I don’t think there is anything special about OOC except that it is early in the season

unfortunately it does factor in with the committee, yes specifically it hasnt burned RU but lets also note RU was a 10 seed and a first 4 team and all 3 years were bubble teams heading into the last couple of regular season games. It always good to have a win like this in your back pocket...in some ways I would sacrifice a win vs SHU for a win at Miami

Reactions: biazza38
So the perceived problem is we don't win road OOC games?

How many games are we talking about here?

Temple --- no Caleb or Paul
Miami --- no Paul
UMASS -- no Geo and Pike makes crotation changes after game that turns season around

We probably also stink playing on the road, on Tuesdays when the attendance is divisible by 3 and the temperature is above 52 degrees.
This isn’t some weird and quirky stat.
Road/neutral site wins are something the committee looks at.
Incase you forgot in 2019-2020 our biggest knock until the last game of the year was that our only road win was at Nebraska and then we beat Purdue on the road. We didn’t beat anyone OOC on the road that year.

We were up about 18 against Umass, I don’t want hear about no Geo. This is a legit issue

2022 Miami and Temple
2021 SHU, Umass, and DePaul last year.
2020 Covid year (no OOC rd/neutral site)
And lastly the 2019-2020 it was Pitt and The Bonnies
That is putrid and eventually it catches up to you

it would be at Miami a few years back

but losses to St Bonnies, Pitt, Temple, UMass, De Paul, and Miami and only Miami was good

RU will not have a quality ooc win away from him....and are 0-2 already on the road, this was a Q1 opportunity
Thank you!!!
Listen to this guy. He knows what he’s talking about

A win tonight helps with seeding. If we’re fortunate enough to even be a tourney team this year, OOC games matter, and eventually the lack of playing quality non conf schedule will come back and bite us in the ass if we’re always on the bubble. And eventually we should aspire to be a high seed.

12-8 last year in the Big 10 and we were last 4 in....so yeah 0-2 to start non conference that matters isnt good. Now beat Wake and SHU and dont mess up with Bucknell and Maine and RU is 9-2 and in a good enough spot but now the pressure is on having to win those games

12-8 last year in the Big 10 and we were last 4 in....so yeah 0-2 to start non conference that matters isnt good. Now beat Wake and SHU and dont mess up with Bucknell and Maine and RU is 9-2 and in a good enough spot but now the pressure is on having to win those games
Last year they made the road a lot more difficult than they needed to with their non conference play. So far this year they haven’t made the road as easy as they could have.

I don’t know if this actually makes any sense but it sounded good in my head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT