ADVERTISEMENT

East Carolina QB transferring.

Did he just play Freshman year? Maybe I missed it. What r career stats like?

Shane Cardin was ECUs QB for the last few years.
So why would this be of interest to RU, if he couldn't start at ECU the last three yrs, not sure he could help. Pass

Last edited:

Namely that it looks like Nelson is guaranteed the starting spot at ECU now

There is a Phillip Nelson connection.

So let me get this straight, RU should have interest in an ECU QB because there is a Phillip Nelson connection? Tell me you read my post wrong, I said "why would this be of interest to RU" i did not say, "Why is this of interest to this board"

So let me get this straight, RU should have interest in an ECU QB because there is a Phillip Nelson connection? Tell me you read my post wrong, I said "why would this be of interest to RU" i did not say, "Why is this of interest to this board"
Ah, a purist. I reply thusly, RU might have no interest in recruiting the QB to play but it is possible that the man Phillip Nelson might be interesting to RU. I can imagine someone at RU wondering if Nelson will end up a starting QB after his fiasco. An interest in second chances, the human story.

Ah, a purist. I reply thusly, RU might have no interest in recruiting the QB to play but it is possible that the man Phillip Nelson might be interesting to RU. I can imagine someone at RU wondering if Nelson will end up a starting QB after his fiasco. An interest in second chances, the human story.

What? The op askes if the transfer could help RU, he is not promoting the development of Phillip's Song as a made for tv movie. OP is asking if a QB who is 5-8 in his career could help RU

You offer him without hesitation. He didn't play last year because he was hurt. Yes, he lost out this spring to Nelson but let's not forget Nelson won B1G games. He's not some scrub. Also, we have at least one QB transferring so why not replace him with someone who already knows the offense? He has immediate eligibility and two years to play. I suggest you watch his hudle before writing him off as a waste of time

You offer him without hesitation. He didn't play last year because he was hurt. Yes, he lost out this spring to Nelson but let's not forget Nelson won B1G games. He's not some scrub. Also, we have at least one QB transferring so why not replace him with someone who already knows the offense? He has immediate eligibility and two years to play. I suggest you watch his hudle before writing him off as a waste of time
who is transferring?

who is transferring?
Seriously? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. I'm not going to break the news but anyone who follows the team isn't going to be surprised.

I dare you to guess.

got it. I didn't know anything was that firm. I think he will be very good for somebody. Shame, I am also in the camp of not being really a fan of the new hurry up offense. I like the huddle and think there is a place in the middle between the two styles but oh well.

What? The op askes if the transfer could help RU, he is not promoting the development of Phillip's Song as a made for tv movie. OP is asking if a QB who is 5-8 in his career could help RU
yes, but I did not respond to the OP but to a reply to the OP. Phillip's Song...I like it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT