ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Michigan has no plans to drop football (link)

To say that they have absolutely no plans to drop football is to say absolutely nothing. Of course they have no such plans -- at this time. Nobody said they did. What the regent who was originally quoted did say was "all viable options are on the table". I strongly suspect that his statement remains true.

To say that they have absolutely no plans to drop football is to say absolutely nothing. Of course they have no such plans -- at this time. Nobody said they did. What the regent who was originally quoted did say was "all viable options are on the table". I strongly suspect that his statement remains true.
When are all viable options off the table?

When are all viable options off the table?
I guess it depends upon your definition of "viable". For instance, some years ago a certain S-L writer suggested that RU might be better off dropping down to 1AA. I assume that is now off the table.

I guess it depends upon your definition of "viable". For instance, some years ago a certain S-L writer suggested that RU might be better off dropping down to 1AA. I assume that is now off the table.

....until the next extended losing streak in football or men's basketball. Then people around the state and possibly those clowns in Newark will start calling for it again.

Good for them.

Now, about the Chicken Littles on this board that thought we should drop them from the schedule based on this rumor...
60a841038053102c1e6f241728e8df04.jpg

Or did they think we would swap out EMU for a "more interesting" match up with all the winning P5 schools with holes in their schedules?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT