ADVERTISEMENT

Email from Hobbs

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
I received an email from our esteemed athletic director tonight about the cancellation of sports from now through the end of the semester. I noticed particularly that he talked about how Stringer was about to take the women to their 17th NCAA tournament and Pikiell was "about to end a 29-year drought."

I have to say I really like that. My sense is that the men were potentially a bit on the bubble, but the positivity about both programs was good to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bon1674 and MADHAT1
mail

Reactions: BeKnighted
Do people think the Selection Committees should publish brackets for 2020? Give fans something to discuss for a while.

I received an email from our esteemed athletic director tonight about the cancellation of sports from now through the end of the semester. I noticed particularly that he talked about how Stringer was about to take the women to their 17th NCAA tournament and Pikiell was "about to end a 29-year drought."

I have to say I really like that. My sense is that the men were potentially a bit on the bubble, but the positivity about both programs was good to see.
I think the men were in after beating #9 Maryland at home and Purdue on the road, and being named NCAA Team of the Week for that last week of the season.

I think the men were in after beating #9 Maryland at home and Purdue on the road, and being named NCAA Team of the Week for that last week of the season.

I don't follow the men's game nearly as much as the women's, but I did see some speculation that they needed to win a game in the B1G tourney to be sure about getting in, which is why I said that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT