ADVERTISEMENT

Enough with Moorhead - A DISASTER at Miss St. So far

I just watched the Auburn game. MSU is running the same vanilla offense we’ve seen the past three years

Reactions: SCILS02
It wasn't any smarter in the other thread where you posted it. 4th in the SEC West, with an 8-5 record, is not disaster at MSU in a coach's first year. THis is just nonsense.

I guess this is the beginning of the pro-GS disinformation campaign. Freak out over a factual post with the TN rock, and now beginning to post fake news about the other candidates. I guess that is the world we live in these days.

I'm watching Miss St vs Auburn right now on ESPNU. They really don't look much better then we did against Iowa and Mich. I know Auburn is rated #7 but still.
Auburn beat Kent St by almost the same score.

It wasn't any smarter in the other thread where you posted it. 4th in the SEC West, with an 8-5 record, is not disaster at MSU in a coach's first year. THis is just nonsense.

I guess this is the beginning of the pro-GS disinformation campaign. Freak out over a factual post with the TN rock, and now beginning to post fake news about the other candidates. I guess that is the world we live in these days.

Nope. Go ask the MSU fanbase about how they feel. Easy to do that with Mullen leaving that team stacked. 8-5 was actually a disappointment. You were the same guy who said Ash was going to be a good coach a few years ago. You don't know football. Next.

I'm watching Miss St vs Auburn right now on ESPNU. They really don't look much better then we did against Iowa and Mich. I know Auburn is rated #7 but still.
Auburn beat Kent St by almost the same score.

EXACTLY. Someone is paying attention and knows football. MSU fanbase is livid with this guy right now.

Reactions: BlockR
Nope. Go ask the MSU fanbase about how they feel. Easy to do that with Mullen leaving that team stacked. 8-5 was actually a disappointment. You were the same guy who said Ash was going to be a good coach a few years ago. You don't know football. Next.
You are a moron.

The MSU fan base wanted to get rid of Mullen at one point too.

Four of MSU’s losses last year were to top 12 teams.

He's meant to be a coordinator. I don't care what he did at Fordham. Fanbase is all over him at Miss St. because he's been a disaster there so far! We can do much much much better!

Who is much much better? I know Brent Venable would be but I doubt he's leave Clemson for us.

He's meant to be a coordinator. I don't care what he did at Fordham. Fanbase is all over him at Miss St. because he's been a disaster there so far! We can do much much much better!
Define disaster? 8-5 last year with top 25 wins vs #8Auburn and #16 Texas A&M. 3-2 this year. Loses #7Auburn and Kansas st.

Reactions: BLewis1968

Yeah, I'm just gonna put you on ignore... its easier. Carry on with the disinformation campaign. I'm sure GS can be counted on to deliver the regular wins against top ten talent that seem to be eluding Moorhead.

The Schiano or bust cult is getting out of control. It is still Tuesday.

Sorry but actual FACTS do not back up your opinion.
The best part is that this moron SCILS02 is in multiple threads calling Moorhead’s 2018 season a disaster, when we know it is better than anything Schiano could have done because it didn’t have the WTF loss to a bad team you can count on Schiano having every year.

The Schiano or bust cult is getting out of control. It is still Tuesday.

Sorry but actual FACTS do not back up your opinion.
Make sure you save this post and get back to me after the Miss St. season this year. Let me know what you think of Moorhead then and make sure you tell me their record then. It won't be pretty. By the way, you were another guy who defended Ash years ago and told me I was nuts for saying he was a joke. Thanks...

The best part is that this moron SCILS02 is in multiple threads calling Moorhead’s 2018 season a disaster, when we know it is better than anything Schiano could have done because it didn’t have the WTF loss to a bad team you can count on Schiano having every year.

Another Ash fan boy poster from years ago...let me know how Moorhead did this year at the end of the season you expert...

Make sure you save this post and get back to me after the Miss St. season this year. Let me know what you think of Moorhead then and make sure you tell me their record then. It won't be pretty. By the way, you were another guy who defended Ash years ago and told me I was nuts for saying he was a joke. Thanks...
Schiano isn’t even a good defensive coordinator any more. Ohio State’s defense was better before he got there and is better now that he left.

If Rutgers wants to lose by 50 points to top 5 teams every year, then it should have retained Ash. Moorhead is more of the same if you go by MSU's no show against Auburn.

Another Ash fan boy poster from years ago...let me know how Moorhead did this year at the end of the season you expert...
So not only are you dumb, you just completely make up shit about other people.

If Rutgers wants to lose by 50 points to top 5 teams every year, then it should have retained Ash. Moorhead is more of the same if you go by SMU's no show against Auburn.
Don’t you realize that a simple Google search can help you avoid looking like a complete moron? Miss St’s worst loss last year was by 24 points to #2 Alabama.

Schiano, on the other hand, lost to Cincinnati by more than that and you people think he is Saban.

He’s got more top 20 wins in his first 12 games than RU has in the last 10 seasons!
You're starting to sell me. Im switcing my allegiance from Leavitt.
I dont give a shit about the blowouts as long as we take down a blue blood every once in awhile

So not only are you dumb, you just completely make up shit about other people.

Nope just have a good memory. You defended Ash for a long time. You don't know football. Your homework is to start watch Miss St. this year and let me know how they did when the season is over...

Don’t you realize that a simple Google search can help you avoid looking like a complete moron? Miss St’s worst loss last year was by 24 points to #2 Alabama.

Schiano, on the other hand, lost to Cincinnati by more than that and you people think he is Saban.
But they lost by 33 to Auburn last weekend. Not a good showing.

Nope just have a good memory. You defended Ash for a long time. You don't know football. Your homework is to start watch Miss St. this year and let me know how they did when the season is over...
You are delusional because I never defended Ash.

"He's (Moorhead) meant to be a coordinator."

Schiano is meant to be a coordinator!

Schiano at Rutgers:

68-69 overall
28-48 in Big East Conference
During the last 4 seasons he was hanging around Piscataway RU's Big East Conference record was 13-15
0-11
vs. West Virginia
The king of soft and easy OOC schedules.
Played only 8 BCS opponents some seasons. Typically, he (RU) scheduled one OOC opponent of medium difficulty and four cupcakes.
As a head coach in the B1G he possibly could not handle a B1G schedule plus a BCS OOC opponent every year.
ACC raided the Big East Conference and took Miami, VT and BC.
Schiano never won a conference championship and never went to a BCS Bowl Game in 11 years (UConn did).
I read that of Schiano's OOC wins at RU 30 were against non-BCS teams and none of his OOC wins came against a team ranked in the Top 25.

Schiano at Tampa Bay:

Failure, fired.

But they lost by 33 to Auburn last weekend. Not a good showing.
First, that’s still nowhere near the “50 point losses every year” the idiot I was responding to claimed.

Second, Auburn’s defense might be the best in the country this year.

Yes, let's celebrate a 24 point loss to Bama as evidence of good coaching. Brilliant. But what you saw this weekend against Auburn looked no different than Rutgers against Iowa or Michigan. Rutgers was noncompetitive in those two games completely and looked terribly coached. MSU right now looks terribly coached. Moorhead is a mediocre and wildly inconsistent coach who value is greatly inflated. He is not worth 4 or 5 milllion. Any of the other candidates would be a better choice, not just GS.

Oh, and easy on the name calling. This isn't fifth grade.

Yes, let's celebrate a 24 point loss to Bama as evidence of good coaching. Brilliant. But what you saw this weekend against Auburn looked no different than Rutgers against Iowa or Michigan. Rutgers was noncompetitive in those two games completely and looked terribly coached. MSU right now looks terribly coached. Moorhead is a mediocre and wildly inconsistent coach who value is greatly inflated. He is not worth 4 or 5 milllion. Any of the other candidates would be a better choice, not just GS.
You are cherry picking the one game out of the eighteen Moorhead has coached where his team look outmatched.

Meanwhile there are a lot more than one example of his teams playing well against the top teams in the country

And Moorhead can thank Saquon Barkley for his Miss St. contract. A generational college RB talent can do that for you. He's getting exposed at MSU. If you don't believe me then be sure to tune in and watch them the rest of the year...

Oh, and easy on the name calling. This isn't fifth grade.
He beat the same #8 ranked team last year. Why count this year but not last year?

And Moorhead can thank Saquon Barkley for his Miss St. contract. A generational college RB talent can do that for you. He's getting exposed at MSU. If you don't believe me then be sure to tune in and watch them the rest of the year...
Not only does Schiano lose to bad teams as a head coach, he managed to coach 4 and 5 star Ohio State defensive players into giving up 49 points to Purdue and 50 to Iowa.

You are cherry picking the one game out of the eighteen Moorhead has coached where his team look outmatched.

Meanwhile there are a lot more than one example of his teams playing well against the top teams in the country
I think it goes beyond just one game. Many MSU fans are less than convinced he is the right coach for them. It feels like he was really overrated, and now that is becoming apparent.

But, to the central point, even if Schiano and Moorhead were equally inconsistent and average coaches, Schiano would get the edge right now because of what he brings to the table. How many HS players would get excited that Moorhead is in town? Not too many. How many season tickets would be sold because of his name? Not too many.
Schiano ,on the other hand, brings a buzz and excitement that few others would be able to do. He is the best option for Rutgers right now.

I think it goes beyond just one game. Many MSU fans are less than convinced he is the right coach for them. It feels like he was really overrated, and now that is becoming apparent.

But, to the central point, even if Schiano and Moorhead were equally inconsistent and average coaches, Schiano would get the edge right now because of what he brings to the table. How many HS players would get excited that Moorhead is in town? Not too many. How many season tickets would be sold because of his name? Not too many.
Schiano ,on the other hand, brings a buzz and excitement that few others would be able to. He is the best option for Rutgers right now.
It’s fair to say their fans are not excited about Moorhead. I have heard Miss St fans say he’s too northeast or NY for us. It may not be a good fit for Mississippi but might be just right for RU.

ADVERTISEMENT