ADVERTISEMENT

Enough with the Constant Penn State Stuff

TrueRU

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
The constant mentions of Penn State and everything they do (Paterno/Sandusky references, everything Franklin says, student chanting "F Penn State", etc.) are getting old and tired. It makes us look pathetic as a fan base that we keep bringing them up all the time.

There is no questioning that what happened with the whole Sandusky mess was awful and disgusting, but we don't need to bring it up ALL the time.

And say what you want about Franklin (and I kind of thought that there was more "talk" than "substance" with him myself for a while), but he seems to have figured it out there. Sure, he may not be everyone's favorite and he has his own issues, but I bet a lot of people would love him if he was here.

The "F Penn State" chants (in a game against another team I might add or at any time for that matter) were embarrassing to the RU community. That needs to stop, period.

Let's face it, until we improve our program on the football field, they are likely going to beat us each year. It sucks and I hate it, but we really don't have much of a rivalry with them until we start at least start making these games close. It was fun in 2014 in a great game and atmosphere, but since then they have smoked us each time. We just have to build up and get to be more competitive, but until then it could be tough while we work our way up there.

The constant mentions of Penn State and everything they do (Paterno/Sandusky references, everything Franklin says, student chanting "F Penn State", etc.) are getting old and tired. It makes us look pathetic as a fan base that we keep bringing them up all the time.

There is no questioning that what happened with the whole Sandusky mess was awful and disgusting, but we don't need to bring it up ALL the time.

And say what you want about Franklin (and I kind of thought that there was more "talk" than "substance" with him myself for a while), but he seems to have figured it out there. Sure, he may not be everyone's favorite and he has his own issues, but I bet a lot of people would love him if he was here.

The "F Penn State" chants (in a game against another team I might add or at any time for that matter) were embarrassing to the RU community. That needs to stop, period.

Let's face it, until we improve our program on the football field, they are likely going to beat us each year. It sucks and I hate it, but we really don't have much of a rivalry with them until we start at least start making these games close. It was fun in 2014 in a great game and atmosphere, but since then they have smoked us each time. We just have to build up and get to be more competitive, but until then it could be tough while we work our way up there.
While I agree in general, there are only 2 threads on the first page having anything to do with Penn State. Legit new info about Paterno possibly being aware of Sandusky likely got discussed on many message boards. And the one about Franklin being a d-bag was fair game as well.

Just as many threads about Butler and their gutless administration.

I'm guessing you are a senior citizen?

Reactions: RU-AGK
So has anyone seen this:

02_zpsvc7tvsfg.jpg

Can we talk about TTFP though, let's bring that back, back when we were better than them

Keep the cult and psu supporters off this board with their we're ( Penn St ) the victim of hateful BS and hopefully less Penn St did this or their coach sucks threads will appear.

Also when articles come out about that school, expect them to be discussed .
Expect those threads to get a lot of traffic once the cull;t starts complaining like they are victims of a vast conspiracy and demand it stop.
Then there is always the option of ignoring threads you think don't belong and move on to the threads you think might interest you.

True RU. I wish you the best of luck. I've been saying the same thing since 2011. Just let it go, it not our problem. I would rather discus how we can beat Morgan State. The same infintismal comments like Pedd State, Pedophile supporter etc etc are getting so old. Here's a substantive subject. When the Sandusky tragedy happened in 2010ish we could have made recruiting inroads on them specifically in MD, NJ & Penn. But the Institution decided to embark on the hostile takeover of the States Medical School and to hell with the Football program. Naturally, the takeover was an expensive endeavor (84 million and counting) so the football program was starved of funds, recruiting suffered and Kyle Flood happened. Enter Coach Ash a modern day disciplinarian to clean up the program and to that extent he was successful. Unfortunately his ability to read a play book and prepare for a game leaves very little to be desired.

So, what's left for us you ask? Start another Penn State bashing thread. Yes let's make ourselves feel better by pilling on a program that might play in a National Championship game.

Last edited:
Actually, I checked---

You have permissions to remind the world (or just one person) every single day until the end of time that the statepenn football program and the statepenn administration were aware of child rape and covered-up because football was more important....

please continue...

Last edited:
While I agree in general, there are only 2 threads on the first page having anything to do with Penn State. Legit new info about Paterno possibly being aware of Sandusky likely got discussed on many message boards. And the one about Franklin being a d-bag was fair game as well.

Right...both are current events.

True RU. I wish you the best of luck. I've been saying the same thing since 2011. Just let it go, it not our problem. I would rather discus how we can beat Morgan State. The same infintismal comments like Pedd State, Pedophile supporter etc etc are getting so old. Here's a substantive subject. When the Sandusky tragedy happened in 2010ish we could have made recruiting inroads on them specifically in MD, NJ & Penn. But the Institution decided to embark on the hostile takeover of the States Medical School and to hell with the Football program. Naturally, the takeover was an expensive endeavor (84 million and counting) so the football program was starved of funds, recruiting suffered and Kyle Flood happened. Enter Coach Ash a modern day disciplinarian to clean up the program and to that extent he was successful. Unfortunately his ability to read a play book and prepare for a game leaves very little to be desired.

So, what's left for us you ask? Start another Penn State bashing thread. Yes let's make ourselves feel better by pilling on a program that might play in a National Championship game.
well said..RU had its chance at that time to break through on recruits and start reaching into the next level talent wise..but once again we had a 'on the cheap' head Coach..and today we are in the same spot instead of having Fleck,Schaino or Narduzzi as HC to move the program forward at a B10 level.

Reactions: noble106
Well I lost.

Thought for sure this thread would have been visited within the first ten posts. Made it to fifteen.

Michigan has an OSU thread on its first page and OSU actually has a pinned thread dedicated to Michigan. I agree the F Penn State should stop and sometimes the Sandusky stuff goes too far but rivals talk about each other. It's part of college football.

Reactions: LukeRU90
well said..RU had its chance at that time to break through on recruits and start reaching into the next level talent wise..but once again we had a 'on the cheap' head Coach..and today we are in the same spot instead of having Fleck,Schaino or Narduzzi as HC to move the program forward at a B10 level.
Give credit to Franklin. Didn't he replace one, if not both, coordinators after last season, realizing he had talent, but something was wrong? Schiano would NEVER do this (hire high end coordinators and let them do their thing).

Reactions: deridealldems
Give credit to Franklin. Didn't he replace one, if not both, coordinators after last season, realizing he had talent, but something was wrong? Schiano would NEVER do this (hire high end coordinators and let them do their thing).
yup,good thing Schiano isnt here to do those fairy tale bad things! Meanwhile 11 straight losses and still no B10 wins.

Michigan has an OSU thread on its first page and OSU actually has a pinned thread dedicated to Michigan. I agree the F Penn State should stop and sometimes the Sandusky stuff goes too far but rivals talk about each other. It's part of college football.
Those two are real rivals with decades of football hatred of each other to back it up.

For us to shout F Penn St while losing to another team is beyond pathetic and embarrassing...bad karma that will never release us from its grip as long as we are that needy

Last edited:
Those two are real rivals with decades of football hatred of each other to back it up.

For us to shout F Penn St while losing to another team is beyond pathetic and embarrassing...bad karma that will never release us from its grip as long as we are that needy
Michigan fans have been known to secure a set of Ohio license plates to put on the car when they park, while attending the UM - OSU game in Columbus.

Last edited:

As I said earlier, I completely agree on the "F Penn State" but to pretend that we don't view PSU as a rival (even if they don't feel similarly) takes away one of the few things that truly connects us to the B1G. We have always hated PSU and while I tip my cap to what Franklin has done doesn't mean that I still don't hate the school and it's obnoxious fans.

Reactions: zappaa
Right.. because Penn State's ability to dump and pay assistants is less than or equal to Rutgers ability to do the same.

stop-making-me-laugh-you-ll-make-me-puma-pants-14002042.png

Reactions: koleszar
Umm? It's called having money and in case you've been in a coma the last 3 decades, WE'RE BROKE.

Reactions: RU31trap
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT