ADVERTISEMENT

Enough with the Constant Penn State Stuff

Do Ranger Fans still chant "Potvin sucks"? its part of every game now. That incident happened in the 1979
A 4 time Stanley Cup Champion and maybe the best defenseman to ever put on a pair of skates.

I think my hearing is pretty good and I have to say that I have never heard the dreaded F Penn State chant. I sit in 104.

Is it loud on the TV broadcast?

IMO this is much ado about nothing. Sports fans are sports fans, it comes with the territory.

Do Ranger Fans still chant "Potvin sucks"? its part of every game now. That incident happened in the 1979

Yankee stadium bleachers many chants deride the Mets and Red Sox regardless of who they're playing.

But the Institution decided to embark on the hostile takeover of the States Medical School and to hell with the Football program. Naturally, the takeover was an expensive endeavor (84 million and counting) so the football program was starved of funds, recruiting suffered and Kyle Flood happened. .

trap, RU would not be in the BIG10 without absorbing UMDNJ. I also refer you to this link: https://ored.rutgers.edu/content/growth-continues-research-grants-and-sponsored-programs

I quote from that page:
Rutgers' greatest source of research grants is the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The university’s NIH funding rose 16 percent last year, from $138.7 million in 2015 to $160.9 million in 2016.

This NIH funding comes mostly from the medical school.
The perception that the medical school takeover was responsible for all of Rutgers fiscal problems, particularly with regard to football, is utterly false.

Reactions: Bones131
trap, RU would not be in the BIG10 without absorbing UMDNJ. I also refer you to this link: https://ored.rutgers.edu/content/growth-continues-research-grants-and-sponsored-programs

I quote from that page:
Rutgers' greatest source of research grants is the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The university’s NIH funding rose 16 percent last year, from $138.7 million in 2015 to $160.9 million in 2016.

This NIH funding comes mostly from the medical school.
The perception that the medical school takeover was responsible for all of Rutgers fiscal problems, particularly with regard to football, is utterly false.
Thank you Luke!!! You're the first blogger who has had the courage to admit that the takeover was directly correlated to the B10 invite. UMDNJ was a cash cow 63 million per year in (NET) indirect cost recovery. A figure generated year in and year out and may I add like clockwork. Democrats are really pissed off about Rutgers taking the Medical School and they are about to get absolute control in Trenton. Sit back and throw your seatbelt on.

A 2 time Stanley Cup Champion. Played in very tough era on a great team. A very good scorer for a defenseman.
Nothing against Orr but played in a very different era without not many teams and a short schedule.
Stevens was the best of the last 30 years. But they are all good.

The perception is pathetic, but carry on.

Congrats Zap, you got liked by RU31trap in this post. Getting liked by porktrap on a Rutgers football message board is tantamount to getting nominated for an award focused on diversity and inclusion by David Duke.

Congrats Zap, you got liked by RU31trap in this post. Getting liked by porktrap on a Rutgers football message board is tantamount to getting nominated for an award focused on diversity and inclusion by David Duke.
David Duke probably agrees with your F Penn St. chants

Reactions: RU31trap
David Duke probably agrees with your F Penn St. chants

No he wouldn't. I'm sure that DD loves PSU, remember 99.8% of their fans who attend games in Crappy Valley are white.

BTW, I've personally never agreed with the F Penn State chants. Way too generic; if it were up to me, it would be F Pedd State.

No he wouldn't. I'm sure that DD loves PSU, remember 99.8% of their fans who attend games in Crappy Valley are white.

BTW, I've personally never agreed with the F Penn State chants. Way too generic; if it were up to me, it would be F Pedd State.
You have a problem with white people?
Are PSU fans racist?

You have a problem with white people?
Are PSU fans racist?

Sometimes a question is best answered with a question: do you have a problem with people who don't support pedophilia or cults?

True RU. I wish you the best of luck. I've been saying the same thing since 2011. Just let it go, it not our problem. I would rather discus how we can beat Morgan State.

Another disingenuous post by porktrap. You have no interest in discussing how RU can beat Morgan State. Actually, that would be a dumb topic for any real RU fan as well, I don't see anyone here discussing what strategy RU needs to deploy to "beat" Morgan State. They are by far the weakest team on our schedule, and just the fact that anyone would say "I would rather discus how we can beat Morgan State" highlights what a total FRAUD you are.

Porktrap - all one has to do is look at your recent posting history to know that you would much rather discuss PSU. Over 90% of your recent posts are either in PSU related threads or where you bring up PSU in an RU thread. You just don't like it when RU fans point out PSU's moral failings. You would love it if every thread on here was a positive PSU related thread.

Reactions: ATIOH and RU-AGK
Sometimes a question is best answered with a question: do you have a problem with people who don't support pedophilia or cults?
No
I don't think PSU fans support pedophilia, nor do I think they're a cult.
Do I collectively like them, no.
As fan bases go, I hate UConn worse and felt unsafe with my daughter in their stadium.

Curious, what percentage white is our crowd.

Right.. because Penn State's ability to dump and pay assistants is less than or equal to Rutgers ability to do the same.

stop-making-me-laugh-you-ll-make-me-puma-pants-14002042.png
Fact is, if we had the resources, really good ones wouldn't want to work for him.

Also GS..
I applaud your hatred of child abuse and the subsequent cover up of those horrific acts.

I have no problem with your thoughts of PSU, I think the the brush is a bit too broad that's all.

I wasn't clear enough in my post of looking pathetic, it pertains solely to the F Penn St chants when were playing someone else, I don't like it, and yes, kids shouldn't hear that in the lots or at the game

Sounds good, Zap. I think that we are on the same page here, although I find our faux RU fan RU31trap more annoying than most others here it seems.

Your comment on UConn fans seems a little broad brush. The problem at their games at Rentshler Field is that a few dozen fans habitually get intoxicated, buying beer in the stadium after being semi drunk following their tailgates.

Last edited:
Sounds good, Zap. I think that we are on the same page here, although I find our faux RU fan RU31trap more annoying than most others here it seems.

Your comment on UConn fans seems a little broad brush. The problem at their games at Rentshler Field is that a few dozen fans habitually get intoxicated, buying beer in the stadium after being semi drunk following their tailgates.
A few dozen?:D
Never in my life have I ever been warned at a sporting event I'd be walking a gauntlet that required I keep my head on a swivel or it could be knocked off.... what?
That's UConn, I really didn't believe it was that bad till I saw it first hand.
An unaccompanied young female going to the bathroom there was downright dangerous.

Talk about hatred!

A few dozen?:D
Never in my life have I ever been warned at a sporting event I'd be walking a gauntlet that required I keep my head on a swivel or it could be knocked off.... what?
That's UConn, I really didn't believe it was that bad till I saw it first hand.
An unaccompanied young female going to the bathroom there was downright dangerous.

Talk about hatred!

Sounds like the way Happy Valley is for unaccompanied 10 year old boys.

Reactions: zappaa
You'd take Stevens over Paul Coffey
I would too. Stevens owned his defensive zone like no other player I've seen. When he was on the ice, opposing players changed the way they played because he scared them.
Remember the 95 finals, the hit he laid on Kozlov? Then back to the bench where he pointed at Cicarelli and growled "you're next!" at him? With one hit he took over an entire Stanley Cup Finals. There are so few guys that can so thoroughly enforce their will on a series. Messier did it in 94, (hurts to admit) but Scotty did it across multiple playoff series over three cup runs. Personally I would take him over anybody. Devs don't win a single Cup without him, IMHO.

No
As fan bases go, I hate UConn worse and felt unsafe with my daughter in their stadium.

Also GS..
I applaud your hatred of child abuse and the subsequent cover up of those horrific acts.

I have no problem with your thoughts of PSU, I think the the brush is a bit too broad that's all.

I wasn't clear enough in my post of looking pathetic, it pertains solely to the F Penn St chants when were playing someone else, I don't like it, and yes, kids shouldn't hear that in the lots or at the game
A fair and balanced response. Great post!!

Last edited:
Thank you Luke!!! You're the first blogger who has had the courage to admit that the takeover was directly correlated to the B10 invite. UMDNJ was a cash cow 63 million per year in (NET) indirect cost recovery. A figure generated year in and year out and may I add like clockwork. Democrats are really pissed off about Rutgers taking the Medical School and they are about to get absolute control in Trenton. Sit back and throw your seatbelt on.

Facts are facts, taking over UMDNJ was a great move regardless of the BIG10 invite. Univ. Hospital, one of the money leakers, was able to be moved off the Rutgers ledger until it gets straightened out as part of the deal. Formation of RBHS moved RU into the top 25 federal grant recipients, spurring increased private funding.

Bobby Fn Orr
Nik Lidstrom was no slouch himself.

Vladamir Konstatinov was in the mold of Chris Chelios. Nasty D man you hated if he played for the other team. Before he got crippled after 97, I felt he was the better of the 2. Boy Detroit sure would of looked different with both those guys over the years.

No

Also GS..

A fair and balanced response. Great post!!

Zappaa to appear on Fox News tomorrow night at 6pm! [roll]

F' BOY RAPE STATE!!!

They actively covered up Jerry's shower club from 1969-2008. The moment Rapey Valley finishes a complete ALL sports death penalty of 39 years, I'll cut 'em some slack. If the BIg10 had any decency they would expel them today and the clock would start for possible review in 2056.

Reactions: RU-AGK and GSGS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT