ADVERTISEMENT

Enough with the Constant Penn State Stuff

The cult we refer to are the ones on the Penn State Board who still say there was no coverup, Joepa knew nothing, and just a bunch of greedy unvetted people collecting huge sums on bogus claims. Really??

We're not supposed to talk about Syracuse or BC or UConn since they "don't matter to us anymore." Now we're also not supposed to talk about Big Ten teams?

The constant mentions of Penn State and everything they do (Paterno/Sandusky references, everything Franklin says, student chanting "F Penn State", etc.) are getting old and tired. It makes us look pathetic as a fan base that we keep bringing them up all the time.

There is no questioning that what happened with the whole Sandusky mess was awful and disgusting, but we don't need to bring it up ALL the time.

And say what you want about Franklin (and I kind of thought that there was more "talk" than "substance" with him myself for a while), but he seems to have figured it out there. Sure, he may not be everyone's favorite and he has his own issues, but I bet a lot of people would love him if he was here.

The "F Penn State" chants (in a game against another team I might add or at any time for that matter) were embarrassing to the RU community. That needs to stop, period.

Let's face it, until we improve our program on the football field, they are likely going to beat us each year. It sucks and I hate it, but we really don't have much of a rivalry with them until we start at least start making these games close. It was fun in 2014 in a great game and atmosphere, but since then they have smoked us each time. We just have to build up and get to be more competitive, but until then it could be tough while we work our way up there.

F'

F": Franklin. He seems to be self promotional, never seems to acknowledge the opposition. Hope he faces a team that hands him his breakfast, lunch / dinner.
I wonder if his disdain and backhanded sarcastic remarks would still be playable (listenable ) then.

F": Ped State- feel that EVERYONE knew about Sandusky(s) from Paterno to the administration / Happy Valley itself !

Oh Yeah an F' the NCAA for the slap on the wrist " cover up"/ then early lifting by the NCAA. It's all about Winning ....Alway$!

MO

Reactions: Abro1975 and GSGS
I was at a Yanks-Royals game in 78 at the Stadium where the whole night, all you heard was "Boston sucks". Guess you folks who are complaining about the psu chants probably would have been upset at that too.

Reactions: RU-AGK
I was at a Yanks-Royals game in 78 at the Stadium where the whole night, all you heard was "Boston sucks". Guess you folks who are complaining about the psu chants probably would have been upset at that too.

Actually, In the late 90's early 2000's, my friends and I would take a weekend trip to boston each year to go to Fenway. Usually to games that did not include the yankees. They would be selling Jeter Sucks and or blows t-shirts and chanting either the yankees suck or Jeter sucks during these games. I always thought it was very weird to be chanting about a team or player that you are not even playing. All it does is show that they have gotten into your heads.

PSU fans have every right to laugh at us when they hear that we chant penn st sux at games that we are not even playing them.

Thought this thread needed a bump so that Penn State remained on the front page. That is what the OP intended, correct?

Why? Because their known scumbag fans will attack?
No, because it's inappropriate and classless. A parent explaining to a 10 year old why visiting fans are chanting vile comments is not cool. Don't get me wrong I'm not about censorship but if you're going to exercise your 1st amendment rights at an opponents home game you do so at your own peril.

Right or wrong??

dont-want-this-thread-to-end_o_2558077.jpg

From my perspective PSU is a potential playoff team. Franklin has done a great job recruiting. As a human being, I hate the guy.

As far as the scandal is concerned, their administration, boosters, and many alumni have handled it as bad as you can handle something like this. What they should have done is apologize to the victims and their parents first. Then they needed to apologize to their alumni and students for embarrassing them too. They need to not publicly acknowledge Paterno. They need to throw Joe under the bus.

They need to be proud of their academic institution and their football program, minus Joe.

Sounds like the way Happy Valley is for unaccompanied 10 year old boys.
84107628_zpsxv77s1wa.jpg

The cult we refer to are the ones on the Penn State Board who still say there was no coverup, Joepa knew nothing, and just a bunch of greedy unvetted people collecting huge sums on bogus claims. Really??
Remember, those "victims" are the real culprits in this scandal.
RollingEyesSmilie_zps00a831d7.gif

I'm in for banning PSU threads. Let's do it.
What fun would that be?

No, because it's inappropriate and classless. A parent explaining to a 10 year old why visiting fans are chanting vile comments is not cool. Don't get me wrong I'm not about censorship but if you're going to exercise your 1st amendment rights at an opponents home game you do so at your own peril.

Right or wrong??
That's not the hardest thing a PSU fan has to explain to their 10 year old.
"daddy what happened to that statue of the old coach" is a start

That's not the hardest thing a PSU fan has to explain to their 10 year old.
"daddy what happened to that statue of the old coach" is a start

Easier to explain why visiting fans are yelling F PS then it is to explain why and how the Penn St locker room became the most vile place on the face of this earth for young boys .

Reactions: GSGS
Apparently Franklin tried to ice Georgia State's kicker while up 56-0.

He is by far the most classless coach in America.

Against, the biggest douche for the douchiest fanbase.

I hope Iowa pummels them Saturday.

Why kick a field when you are down 56-0? Practice your 'Hail Mary',
for the Tennessee game.

The F Penn State chant must live on, and it must grow. If only because it makes Penn Staters in the stadium feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

I tell every Big Ten fan that I see and interact with on gamedays that they are most welcome in New Brunswick and Piscataway. And I truly genuinely mean it.

That same courtesy and consideration does not extend to Penn State fans. Not now, not ever. The only decent grads are the ones who are too ashamed or bashful to show up. We are left with the worst of the worst PSU fans. And they deserve it. And deep down they know they deserve it, and we should continue to remind them.

Right or wrong??

How will they explain the class level shown in hurling sodas, food, and anything else they can get their hands on at someone who simply stands to cheer a first down?

I lived that when I went out there in the 90's. They're f**king cultist animals in the stands out there no matter what you say or do. Might as well earn it.

SorryNotSorry PSU fans are sacks of crap who will never get the benefit of the doubt from me.

I reiterate, I was not obnoxious, I was not crude, I simply stood to cheer a rare first down in my Rutgers gear and I was pummeled with garbage. This was after a long walk to the stadium enduring the same.

SCREW showing class to those worthless animals EVER.

This is why @GSGS is the prophet of this board whom you all should pay close attention to. He's not lying.

Edit: Oh and if @LocalShill passes by this thread he will confirm I'm actually being kind in my re-telling of the story.

Last edited:
True RU. I wish you the best of luck. I've been saying the same thing since 2011. Just let it go, it not our problem. I would rather discus how we can beat Morgan State. The same infintismal comments like Pedd State, Pedophile supporter etc etc are getting so old. Here's a substantive subject. When the Sandusky tragedy happened in 2010ish we could have made recruiting inroads on them specifically in MD, NJ & Penn. But the Institution decided to embark on the hostile takeover of the States Medical School and to hell with the Football program. Naturally, the takeover was an expensive endeavor (84 million and counting) so the football program was starved of funds, recruiting suffered and Kyle Flood happened. Enter Coach Ash a modern day disciplinarian to clean up the program and to that extent he was successful. Unfortunately his ability to read a play book and prepare for a game leaves very little to be desired.

So, what's left for us you ask? Start another Penn State bashing thread. Yes let's make ourselves feel better by pilling on a program that might play in a National Championship game.
Instead of worrying about a school that might play in a National Championship game, I'm more concerned about the
parents of the kids that are sending their kids to a school that permits child rape, because they have a chance to
play in a N. Championship game. What the hel are these parents thinking.

My brother was at Happy Valley in 2015 in a Ray Rice jersey with me. He had 5+ Penn State fans yell out, "RAPIST!" at him. No joke. Talk about a Freudian mess that was.
Well, he wore the wrong outfit. I would have worn a Pedobear costume instead...

So that was you!!!

pedogif_zpsintpxz4c.gif
(Back of hand on forehead)

Oh! Oh how classless! How will the students survive this affront to their paradise? The horror of it all.

Meanwhile some PSU sleezebag cultist "Yeah boy-ed" and got up in old people's face's last season on the way out of the stadium.

The F Penn State chant must live on, and it must grow. If only because it makes Penn Staters in the stadium feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

I tell every Big Ten fan that I see and interact with on gamedays that they are most welcome in New Brunswick and Piscataway. And I truly genuinely mean it.

That same courtesy and consideration does not extend to Penn State fans. Not now, not ever. The only decent grads are the ones who are too ashamed or bashful to show up. We are left with the worst of the worst PSU fans. And they deserve it. And deep down they know they deserve it, and we should continue to remind them.

Amen to this. The Penn State fans earned this treatment with their reaction to the scandal. Those that continue to deny it and worship the program are missing some morals. I have no problem with them hearing what the rest of the college football world thinks of them. It ain't just us, fans of teams in every conference acknowledge that Penn State is a black stain on the sport itself.

Reactions: GSGS and Randal7

I like the cut of your jib, how 'bout a Fresca?

I think it's going to be a competitive and entertaining game. :football::pizza:

The constant mentions of Penn State and everything they do (Paterno/Sandusky references, everything Franklin says, student chanting "F Penn State", etc.) are getting old and tired. It makes us look pathetic as a fan base that we keep bringing them up all the time.

There is no questioning that what happened with the whole Sandusky mess was awful and disgusting, but we don't need to bring it up ALL the time.

And say what you want about Franklin (and I kind of thought that there was more "talk" than "substance" with him myself for a while), but he seems to have figured it out there. Sure, he may not be everyone's favorite and he has his own issues, but I bet a lot of people would love him if he was here.

The "F Penn State" chants (in a game against another team I might add or at any time for that matter) were embarrassing to the RU community. That needs to stop, period.

Let's face it, until we improve our program on the football field, they are likely going to beat us each year. It sucks and I hate it, but we really don't have much of a rivalry with them until we start at least start making these games close. It was fun in 2014 in a great game and atmosphere, but since then they have smoked us each time. We just have to build up and get to be more competitive, but until then it could be tough while we work our way up there.
This is what rival fans do...constantly talk trash about their counterparts...unfortunately i doubt you see too many anti Rutgers fan threads on any other team boards as we are largely irrelevant...we will know we are on the right track when we are a consistent topic on other teams boards...

The scandal has become more and more about Penn State than it has about the victims. No one and I mean no one ever talks about gives 2 shitz about the victims. I hate that school with a passion but it's idiotic to keep acting like we are on their level. The hate is real. I get that but it's embarrassing at this point. I agree with OP and said it years ago enough with the PSU threads. One reason I barely come on this site anymore.

My brother was at Happy Valley in 2015 in a Ray Rice jersey with me. He had 5+ Penn State fans yell out, "RAPIST!" at him. No joke. Talk about a Freudian mess that was.
really? rapist? that doesn't even make sense. Is there something you are not telling us about your brother? Is he Bill Cosby?

Reactions: RUchip
I don't think you understand, "Boston sucks"is very appropriate at a Yankee game, "Potvin sucks" is quite appropriate at a Ranger game, "1940" was a great chant at Islander games.
Why, because there's a great rivalry with two teams that legitimately hate each other.

We have no rivalry with PSU, our football program is irrelevant to them...giving them life by recognizing them when they're not in the building is nothing but pathetic and embarrassing.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at you Lusciato!
What the heck does a proffesional sporting event have to do with anything?

Because that happens at hockey games. Even if not playing the team you are chanting against, esp if they are your hated rival. Devils fans do this.

Because that happens at hockey games. Even if not playing the team you are chanting against, esp if they are your hated rival. Devils fans do this.
Obviously you know PSU is not our rival right, don't you know it's pathetic to recognize a team that doesn't care you exist?

Obviously you know the hockey teams in question are involved in deep hated rivalries with EACH OTHER

Obviously you know PSU is not our rival right, don't you know it's pathetic to recognize a team that doesn't care you exist?

Obviously you know the hockey teams in question are involved in deep hated rivalries with EACH OTHER
We can agree on Penn St not being a rivals, only one hoped for by RU fans
Penn St fans want to have an air of superiority when interacting with RU fans
and so far Rutgers FB hasn't been able to knock that attitude from them.
Syracuse had the same attitude before Schiano make Rutgers respectable and
ended the superior attitude fruit fans had towards RU FB.
RU wins against PSU will kill the feeling of being superior to Rutgers that Penn St fans and supporters have right now, but until that happens their isn't a snowball's chance in hell most ( if not all) Nit fans will look at RU like a rival.

But they know RU exists and hope RU FB doesn't become good enough to beat them ( without it being considered a huge upset) and start out-recruiting them when both are after the same NJ HS talent.
Right now will agree, it's kind of pathetic to think Penn St fans would consider Rutgers a rival, that type of thinking has to be beat into them and RU hasn't shown that type of ability (yet)

We can agree on Penn St not being a rivals, only one hoped for by RU fans
Penn St fans want to have an air of superiority when interacting with RU fans
and so far Rutgers FB hasn't been able to knock that attitude from them.
Syracuse had the same attitude before Schiano make Rutgers respectable and
ended the superior attitude fruit fans had towards RU FB.
RU wins against PSU will kill the feeling of being superior to Rutgers that Penn St fans and supporters have right now, but until that happens their isn't a snowball's chance in hell most ( if not all) Nit fans will look at RU like a rival.

But they know RU exists and hope RU FB doesn't become good enough to beat them ( without it being considered a huge upset) and start out-recruiting them when both are after the same NJ HS talent.
Right now will agree, it's kind of pathetic to think Penn St fans would consider Rutgers a rival, that type of thinking has to be beat into them and RU hasn't shown that type of ability (yet)
Shouting F Penn St when they're not even in our building only adds to their arrogance...it makes them stronger.

ADVERTISEMENT