ADVERTISEMENT

Erek Flowers is the worst player in the league !

This thread is the 1st place I have read that Pugh sucks and also would be a horrible alternative at LT. Everything I have seen and read seems to say that Pugh is a very good OL and also would be an upgrade at LT.

Regardless, I think they need to move Pugh to LT, Flowers to RT, and rotate Fluker, Jerry and Bret Jones at guard.
To small to be a LT, need to be 350 today, not saying he wouldn't be an upgrade from Flowers.

To small to be a LT, need to be 350 today, not saying he wouldn't be an upgrade from Flowers.
Not true. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1064733-lawrence-taylor-and-the-evolution-of-the-nfl-left-tackle

"The decade-over-decade girth growth has stopped; offensive lineman are getting taller and leaner. In 2011, the NFL average was 6'5" and 310 pounds. Garrett Downing of the official Baltimore Ravens blog explained how even Ravens scouts and coaches are now selecting leaner, more agile blockers like those of yesteryear. The consensus top offensive tackle in the 2011 draft is USC's Matt Kalil—a relative beanpole at 6'6," 295 pounds."

Granted this is from 2011, but if you are 350 pounds you are not going to be fast or agile enough to consistently block today NFL DE's. I think the keys are strength and agility, especially good footwork.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1064733-lawrence-taylor-and-the-evolution-of-the-nfl-left-tackle
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1064733-lawrence-taylor-and-the-evolution-of-the-nfl-left-tackle

Flowers criticism is justified. I would also criticize Marshall for a devastating drop and not being more aggressive on that ball in the end zone, and Eli for at least 3 bad plays including holding the ball too long, sacking himself when the defender barely touched him, and the boneheaded delay of game.

Flowers has never had the feet to be a LT. The Giants have been stead fast that he is one and it's been a bust. Pugh was tried at tackle before, was a bust then and still is. He can only play guard and Flowers should be a RT. That lines a mess and Reese did nothing to address it so this falls on his head.

The biggest problem I have is the play calling. You've already decided your team by who you drafted and brought in. You've clearly said by those decisions you aren't a running team. Your a west coast offense which uses your short passing game as running plays. The plays are simply taking too long to develop. These should be short quick routes since you've decided to ignore the OL. This falls on McAdoo's head.

The problem to me is clear. You have a front office and coaching staff which aren't aligned on what type of offense they want to run. The players are simply not matching the scheme's being employed. O and Eli, there is such a thing as throwing the ball away when nobody's open.

P.S. I really can't do these Monday or Sunday night games any longer. Call me whatever you'd like, but I'm completely shot today.(I don't drink) My days of late night games are over. I feel like I need a full day to recover. Fri. and Sat. nights is all from now on.

Last edited:
Spagnuolo should have got the HC job. The whole offensive coaching staff and Mc will be gone by season end. maybe sooner ...

If Flowers is going to get ragdolled and turnstiled, maybe the Giants should run all screens all game. Flowers could continue to fake block, release, and nobody would be the wiser to his faults.

Last 7 games: Jets 111 points, Giants 92. And the Giants have Eli Manning and the world's greatest receiver.

I think the G men have 2 starters injured that when they are back pushes Flowers to a back up role. Now I wonder as a RU fan if Anthony Davis is available as a backup. I know he retired because of injuries but I would love to see him on the local team.

Not true.

"The decade-over-decade girth growth has stopped; offensive lineman are getting taller and leaner. In 2011, the NFL average was 6'5" and 310 pounds. Garrett Downing of the official Baltimore Ravens blog explained how even Ravens scouts and coaches are now selecting leaner, more agile blockers like those of yesteryear. The consensus top offensive tackle in the 2011 draft is USC's Matt Kalil—a relative beanpole at 6'6," 295 pounds."

Granted this is from 2011, but if you are 350 pounds you are not going to be fast or agile enough to consistently block today NFL DE's. I think the keys are strength and agility, especially good footwork.
Pugh:6-4, to short, short arms, no wingspan, 300, to light.
He's to small in every way, he'd get abused.
IMO Albany.

Last edited:
How funny would it be if, after all the Jets' tanking, the Giants end up with the worst record and get Darnold?

Pugh:6-4, to short, short arms, no wingspan, 300, to light.
He's to small in every way, he'd get abused.
IMO Albany.

Watched a few of the plays last night. He wouldn't get abused. He is getting abused from what I saw.

Winston Justice had a rough start to his career. Osi rung him up for 6 sacks. As an Eagles fan at Giants Stadium, it was a rough night.

He went on to an ok career. There's still time for this guy.

As a 49er fan, I'll trade you Joe Staley for your 1st round pick. You put in a top-notch LT in for Flowers. Move Flowers to RT and put Pugh back at guard and your oline is in much better shape. Or the Giants can go with what they have and have a losing record and debacle of a season. Would you make the move?

As a 49er fan, I'll trade you Joe Staley for your 1st round pick. You put in a top-notch LT in for Flowers. Move Flowers to RT and put Pugh back at guard and your oline is in much better shape. Or the Giants can go with what they have and have a losing record and debacle of a season. Would you make the move?
Maybe if Staley were 23 instead of 33.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT