ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: Biggest Questions facing NCAA Selection Committee

Rutgers SDSU in Denver would be amazingggg

Two really tough defenses going at it in a real city worth visiting that has direct flights!!!
Talk about a rock fight. That could be a 40-38 final score.

Rutgers would do better against a team that isn't strong on defense.Rutgers performance at home against Seton Hall was abysmal.Denver is a great city to visit but there are always concerns about adjustments to the altitude at the mile high city.I prefer Rutgers plays at Albany because of the fan support.

F these guys. Why not question NC state. Two huge blowout losses to Clemson in the last week and a half.

Why not Pitt? Horrific metrics.

Utah State 2 Q4 losses.

We are always the punching bag.

It’s a Fckn joke, Clemson beat them 3 times by 65 points! All blow outs and if u look at Clemson and NC State to me it’s not even a debate as to who should be ahead…it Clemson. Every day of the week…I also HATE how they make statements like they are true and part of the committee… “such and such are in. No u don’t know that. That’s ur prediction…which u have been making since Jan 1 st which is the other joke. Take a walk Palm, Lunardi and everyone else.

Reactions: RUBlackout
We have worse loses than the teams you mention. It’s a fair question.
But look at BOTH sides. Way more better wins … that’s the other thing. All these morons will site either the negatives if they are saying they are out or the positives if they claim to be in. Show both sides and then make ur opinion (not fact JL!) known…

But look at BOTH sides. Way more better wins … that’s the other thing. All these morons will site either the negatives if they are saying they are out or the positives if they claim to be in. Show both sides and then make ur opinion (not fact JL!) known…

That’s exactly why it’s a question. Rutgers is so extreme. Terrible losses but huge wins.

Reactions: InPikeWeTrust
We have worse loses than the teams you mention. It’s a fair question.
Not really… Well certainly not Utah State.

Losses to Weber St, SMU, San Jose St, Washington State, Boise (by 23), and Nevada (by 15) aren’t better” than our losses unless you blindly are sticking them in quads.

The committee awarded SF a 10 seed though in a similar position last year though so I see why the bracketologists expect Utah State to get similar treatment. But on the other hand, the top of the MWC is way weaker than Gonzaga and St Marys were last year so who knows. 0-3 vs SDSU < 0-3 vs the Zags. Boise isn’t as good as St Mary’s was. All Utah State’s got going for them is 2-1 vs. Boise and a home win over Oral Roberts. Does that earn them a 10 seed with their losses? Maybe. We’ll see.

Reactions: scarlet night
Not really… Well certainly not Utah State.

Losses to Weber St, SMU, San Jose St, Washington State, Boise (by 23), and Nevada (by 15) aren’t better” than our losses unless you blindly are sticking them in quads.

The committee awarded SF a 10 seed though in a similar position last year though so I see why the bracketologists expect Utah State to get similar treatment. But on the other hand, the top of the MWC is way weaker than Gonzaga and St Marys were last year so who knows. 0-3 vs SDSU < 0-3 vs the Zags. Boise isn’t as good as St Mary’s was. All Utah State’s got going for them is 2-1 vs. Boise and a home win over Oral Roberts. Does that earn them a 10 seed with their losses? Maybe. We’ll see.

Which is why Utah state is also a “big question “ according to the article (whole MWC is)

Which is why Utah state is also a “big question “ according to the article (whole MWC is)
Yes - my comment was simply in response to your comment that our losses are worse than the teams the post you responded to referenced (Utah State being one of them). I don’t think that’s black and white at all. If you actually look at the games played, their losses are worse and it’s not even close. If the committe simply pulls metrics they are in excellent shape.

Yes - my comment was simply in response to your comment that our losses are worse than the teams the post you responded to referenced (Utah State being one of them). I don’t think that’s black and white at all. If you actually look at the games played, their losses are worse and it’s not even close. If the committe simply pulls metrics they are in excellent shape.

But the committee simply doesn’t pull metrics. We saw that last year (if they simply pulled metrics RU probably wouldn’t have made it).

Rutgers certainly has the metrics…but there’s plenty of games they haven’t looked like a Tourny team (yes, I’m sure you can say that for other bubble teams too)

Rutgers certainly had question marks and it’s valid that they’re included in here.

Palm is an idiot.
Could Palm ever possibly gotten laid in his life? I’m guessing he has the last name Palm for a reason. I think the average bracketologist is single living in their parents basement, never played sports at any level, and certainly never got any tail

ADVERTISEMENT