ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN lists future coaching replacements Inc RU

Chelsea Newton should be the frontrunner
but instead of Marisa Moseley, Boston University head coach being rated the top outsider to be considered:
I’ll put these names in that hat

Tina Langley, Rice head coach ( signed a 5 year extension in 2019)
Katrina Merriweather, Wright State head coach.

Interesting article which provides projections on who might replace coaching legends. Includes RU.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college...ll-succession-plan-got-next-uconn-baylor-more

More errors in another basketball story? No contact info that I could see.
For Baylor section: I read it as Mulkey not having any tie to Gary Blair, coaching-wise. I am pretty dog-gone sure that Gary Blair was an assistant coach at LaTech when Mulkey played. They are both in the team photo for 1981-1982. Also, isn't the difference in electrical power sourcing between the USA and other countries the frequency (60Hz vs. 50 Hz)?

Jolette Law is mentioned as a possible replacement for Dawn Staley and completely left out of the discussion for Rutgers.

Apparently I am in a mood to express how irksome I find lack of basic research to be.

Reactions: MADHAT1
More errors in another basketball story? No contact info that I could see.
For Baylor section: I read it as Mulkey not having any tie to Gary Blair, coaching-wise. I am pretty dog-gone sure that Gary Blair was an assistant coach at LaTech when Mulkey played. They are both in the team photo for 1981-1982. Also, isn't the difference in electrical power sourcing between the USA and other countries the frequency (60Hz vs. 50 Hz)?

Jolette Law is mentioned as a possible replacement for Dawn Staley and completely left out of the discussion for Rutgers.

Apparently I am in a mood to express how irksome I find lack of basic research to be.
You are correct about Mulkey and Blair. Although the entire remark was gratuitous.

As to Law, that's his opinion, suggesting her as an insider at South Carolina. Of course, in all likelihood, Dawn will be their a very long time and Jolette will either have left or become a bit long in the tooth to take over. But I sort of agree that, of the insiders, Lisa Boyer probably wouldn't be likely. She is a long time associate of Dawn's, having in fact coached her in the ABL.

On a personal level, Newton would be a good Rutgers choice, for sure. What exactly the fact that her co-assistant coach at Georgia also played for CVS has to do with the article, I'm stumped.

Please not Jolette Law. Classic good number 2 who failed miserably as a number 1. Stay at SC

Reactions: rimsky
ADVERTISEMENT