ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN now front page running with the RU football Covid Party

What is the timing of this party?

That is.. did we get 6 positives.. then shut down.. then came the party(s)?

Or were the party(s) the cause of the first 6 as well?

In other words.. did shutting down the workouts cause boredom and create the need to party? (not that you need that as an excuse.. we were all young once.. well, most of us were)

Is it possible that quarantining those 6 positive alone and allowing others to continue would have prevented the party-going and subsequent positives?

It is also possible the party had nothing to do with it... did they test everyone at the party and not just the football players?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure ESPN's front page differs depending on what you have viewed previously.
If you typically view articles about the SEC schools a Rutgers article may not make the cut.

Reactions: superfan01
What is the timing of this party?

That is.. did we get 6 positives.. then shut down.. then came the party(s)?

Or were the party(s) the cause of the first 6 as well?

In other words.. did shutting down the workouts cause boredom and create the need to party? (not that you need that as an excuse.. we were all young once.. well, most of us were)

Is it possible that quarantining those 6 positive alone and allowing others to continue would have prevented the party-going and subsequent positives?

It is also possible the party had nothing to do with it... did they test everyone at the party and not just the football players?

It's apparent you didn't even read the linked article. The opening paragraph:

"An on-campus party at Rutgers that several athletes attended may have led to the coronavirus outbreak that forced the entire team into a two-week quarantine, NJ.com reported on Wednesday."

Reading is OP!!!

Reactions: thegock
Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Johnson and Steve Martin. I would have added Patrick Swayze, but he passed away.
Gwyneth Paltrow? I cannot imagine her singing. Don't like her... don't know why. She was okay in Shakespeare in love.. Her mom Blythe Danner was hot/talented.

I vaguely remember Don Johnson singing at the peak of Miami Vice.. Steve Martin.. only thing I recall was King Tut.. for SNL then released.

It's apparent you didn't even read the linked article. The opening paragraph:

"An on-campus party at Rutgers that several athletes attended may have led to the coronavirus outbreak that forced the entire team into a two-week quarantine, NJ.com reported on Wednesday."

Reading is OP!!!

So is WRITING.. "may have"? I don't trust that story written from an NJ.com story. I read it and watched the short video.

We KNOW at first there were 6 positive tests,, then they stopped workouts.. now we hear 15 positive and parties. That story does not relate that sequence at all.

The questions remain.

All a reporter has to do is ask someone who knows... At first there was a report of 6 positives and a workout stoppage. Now we hear about 15 positive tests, I assume including the first 6, and parties. Were the parties responsible for the first 6 and the following 9?

Last edited:
The rumor has been for years that Gwyneth has a bit of a kinky side ... a proclivity for the spice of life...? Not a bad thing .

Stop already ... it’s not the end of the world and
it won’t be a party after Greg gives them an earful... a number of different schools have had the same... they’re young guys and young guys party... you did, I did ,we all have . It happens and ESPN of course will make it out to be the worst thing to happen in college sports. Ignore these tools...we probably will get worse from the NJ.com boys... wait and see...maybe I’ll be wrong?

Bobby busy as always blaming the messenger. Can't stop, won't stop.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
So is WRITING.. "may have"? I don't trust that story written from an NJ.com story. I read it and watched the short video.

We KNOW at first there were 6 positive tests,, then they stopped workouts.. now we hear 15 positive and parties. That story does not relate that sequence at all.

The questions remain.

All a reporter has to do is ask someone who knows... At first there was a report of 6 positives and a workout stoppage. Now we hear about 15 positive tests, I assume including the first 6, and parties. Were the parties responsible for the first 6 and the following 9?

The school announced 6 positive tests as the reason why the whole program was being quarantined.

The state health department confirmed it was at 15 in their latest update this week & cited the party as the culprit for the infections to emphasize why social distancing is needed. The spread may well continue to grow over the coming days. No shock there.

If you can't understand cause (party) & effect (infections & program shutdown) then I don't know what to tell you. There's no conspiracy going on here or the school would have released their own statement.

College kids will socialize, party & hookup regardless of a pandemic in progress unless they start dying from it. Even then many of them won't hesitate to do those things because they don't have enough life experiences yet to guide them.

Bobby busy as always blaming the messenger. Can't stop, won't stop.
What are you talking about? Blaming who ? if you could actually lay off the booze and weed for a day perhaps you would see I was criticizing ESPN for what they always do make it appear Rutgers is a problem.i defended the young kids because it is what all kids do... go to parties... Crawl back in the hole you came out of .

No, but she is just a heinous individual. Wack job.
Oh ...well that is an entirely different meaning for heinous in my viewpoint. Paltrow is an eccentric and an egotist of the highest level . That is because Hollywood created her persona along with her mom ( Blythe Danner) and her director father she was guaranteed a place in the Hollywood hierarchy... oh and she is a little manipulator but that’s like many in Tinsel Town.

Reactions: Knight Shift
The school announced 6 positive tests as the reason why the whole program was being quarantined.

The state health department confirmed it was at 15 in their latest update this week & cited the party as the culprit for the infections to emphasize why social distancing is needed. The spread may well continue to grow over the coming days. No shock there.

If you can't understand cause (party) & effect (infections & program shutdown) then I don't know what to tell you. There's no conspiracy going on here or the school would have released their own statement.

College kids will socialize, party & hookup regardless of a pandemic in progress unless they start dying from it. Even then many of them won't hesitate to do those things because they don't have enough life experiences yet to guide them.
Jesus, you are dense. What is so wrong about asking the sequence of events? You talk about conspiracy? WTH? Who says there is a conspiracy?

You just wrote down exactly what I said and somehow conclude that it gives you answers that it does not give me.

"The school announced 6 positive tests as the reason why the whole program was being quarantined."

The school did not mention the party there.. right?

The party was only mentioned in this latest update.

THAT is what begged the question as to whether the party caused the first 6. We don't even know if all 15 were at the same party.

Consider each of the examples they give about the various parties. I'll link exactly what the State Health Commissioner said below. She doesn't give a lot of information. But these parties do not spontaneously generate the Wuhan Virus. Someone, or multiple someones, brought the virus to the party with them. It is not like doing away with the parties does away with the cases.

So, given that, I think it is a very fair question to ask, in relation to the football team cases, what is the timeline of cases and the party(s)? Of those first 6 cases talked about.. who had it first? Where did he contract it? Was it at a party?

I am not defending parties. I merely want to understand who had it when and who gave it to whom.

For the past month, daily new cases have varied from about 200 to 450 even if you identify 15 people from a party at Rutgers with it.. what does that mean? What really happened. Is it that a lot of young healthy people are walking around with it and not knowing.. then a couple of them test positive.. contact tracing results in more people getting tested and they find that 15 people attending a party all had it... so what?

Why don't you want to know more about what that means?

How many people were at the party? How many of those people tested negative. How many were negative but with antibodies? Can they determine how many of them caught it at that party or how many brought it with them to that party?

Why don't you want to know those answers?

Why do you continue to persist in this willful lack of curiosity and make it sound like a crime simply to like to have more answers?

If the party is not to blame but merely reveals how many people have it and can catch it any old way, that means something in terms of workouts and practices, right? Or do you assume if they stop the parties everything will be fine?

Reactions: bac2therac
She sounds okay... not sure its auto-tuned much either. Her singing voice is better than her speaking voice.. or at least was.
Yeah, I don't listen to that version, they made a big deal of it when it came out because it was her, but c'mon, Smokey sings it so why would you listen to anything else?

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Yeah, I don't listen to that version, they made a big deal of it when it came out because it was her, but c'mon, Smokey sings it so why would you listen to anything else?
She sang on Glee too..

and was a country singer in a movie Country Strong

Okay.. she can join the tour.. there has to be someone else..

William Shatner can open..

Youtube playlist.. famous actors who sing... of course.. this tour is for the oddballs..

Steve Martin.. only thing I recall was King Tut.. for SNL then released.

He actually tours as a member of a bluegrass band and has won 5 Grammy's. Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers. Been doing it for a while and they are very good. I could be wrong, but I believe he was scheduled to tour this summer, but obviously cancelled. It is definitely a "thing" though.

Last edited:
He actually tours as a member of a bluegrass band and has won 5 Grammy's. Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers. Been doing it for a while and they are very good. I could be wrong, but I believe he was scheduled to tour this summer, but obviously cancelled. It is definitely a "thing" though.
As I recall, he's a helluva banjo player.

As I recall, he's a helluva banjo player.
The guy is plain and simply very talented across the board.

Big art connoisseur too. I think his specialty is newer American works. But I could be wrong.

Seen plenty of behavior in NJ & NY throughout the pandemic that counters the disciplined/responsible narrative. We've just been lucky that the numbers have gone down dramatically.

Its not luck its the continuing shut down of high risk business and mask wearing. Murphy may have fumbled this early on but we are doing much better now and really very steady right now.

Reactions: Greg2020
oh yeah.. I knew he as a kickass banjo player.. but singer?

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels one of my fave flicks.. I cannot believe they remade that movie.. wasn't bad.. The Hustle.. but it was no DRS

ADVERTISEMENT