ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN now lists RU vs Mich at 8pm

needmorecowbell

All American
Gold Member
Oct 28, 2007
Hillsborough, NJ
Shill and other schedule gurus... Does that give any insight into the channel? ABC/ESPN/ESPN2? Previously the time was blank and it was either 7pm or 8pm.

It was just announced that the two 10:30pm PAC12 games will be on ESPN/ESPN2. That, partnered with ESPN now listing our game at 8pm, means that it looks like we would HAVE to get the ABC game - the only way to be on ESPN/2 would be if we played at 7. So it looks like that for the second year in a row (after never having it before), a Rutgers home game is the National Game of the Week, Saturday 8pm ABC.

EDIT: It's the 2nd time in 12 weeks of regular season games that we get the national game at our stadium. For reference, that week Syracuse is playing Wake Forest on ESPNExtra (new service that puts ESPN3.com games on TV in certain areas), and UCONN is playing at 11:30am kickoff eastern time on CBSsports.

I'd think ESPN would make an announcement as they usually do with all their game reveals.

Highly doubt 8pm is official YET.

God I hope not. I don't have high expectations for us the next two weeks, and I'd rather it not be a nationally televised game in prime time.
Now that is just not very bright thinking...we and everyone else expects us to get our asses kicked the next several weeks and we have to deal with that this year...but not to want us to be on ABC in primetime is just why some of our fanbase deserves nothing...your defeatist attitude fits the past ...the rest of us are looking forward to many more premium type games even as an underdog...Please go follow another team I 'm sure we 'll survive without fans like you...

Love it.
National audience in prime time. Hopefully all of the pre-kickoff hype talk will be about the last time Michigan came to Piscataway and getting punched in the mouth by Rutgers. At least give us that before the tail-whipping begins after kickoff!!

Normally I'd be thrilled about a home game being nationally televised in prime time, but considering our poor play and attendance issues, this is not going to be good exposure for the program.

Reactions: RUchip
Please make this game a nooner snoozer.

No prime time blowouts. Uhh

Normally I'd be thrilled about a home game being nationally televised in prime time, but considering our poor play and attendance issues, this is not going to be good exposure for the program.
How many games have you actually attended?

Our night games are literally never an issue when it comes to attendance and atmosphere. They always have a buzz before kickoff and people are generally in their seats early.

What happens during the game is entirely up to the team. If the game is competitive the place will be rockin. If there's a kickoff return for a TD off the rip and we never recover it will be dead.

It was just announced that the two . That, partnered with ESPN now listing our game at 8pm, means that it looks like we would HAVE to get the ABC game - the only way to be on ESPN/2 would be if we played at 7.

Correct, the two possibilities are ESPN2 at 7:00 or ABC at 8:00.

This has nothing to do with RU. We just happen to be playing Jim Harbaugh that week. Although it is not surprising they picked a game that will make the prodigy look good.

How many games have you actually attended?

Our night games are literally never an issue when it comes to attendance and atmosphere. They always have a buzz before kickoff and people are generally in their seats early.

What happens during the game is entirely up to the team. If the game is competitive the place will be rockin. If there's a kickoff return for a TD off the rip and we never recover it will be dead.
Wouldn't be stunned if this guy is not an RU fan. Nobody is this negative.

This has nothing to do with RU. We just happen to be playing Jim Harbaugh that week. Although it is not surprising they picked a game that will make the prodigy look good.
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought they picked it showcase our offense against their D. Kind of like a Baylor Bama thing. [eyeroll]

God I hope not. I don't have high expectations for us the next two weeks, and I'd rather it not be a nationally televised game in prime time.

Grow up and get B1G!!! Prime time TV.. Prime time opponent = prime time atmosphere!! Whether we win or lose, it will show out to recruits just how loud and rocking this stadium can be.. If we can hang in there and maybe sniff at an upset than the crowd could really come into play!! Also remember we have UM coming off Whisky... That should be a very physical 4 qtr battle!!

Reactions: OTBOTOR
image.png

There will be no attendance issues for the Michigan game.

As long as there is not bad weather, this will be close to a sellout. Our group of 8, which has been at all three home games by the way, is growing to 15 for the Michigan game. However, we still need to get the additional 7 tickets. The lowest stub hub price, with fees, is $99 a ticket.

Now that is just not very bright thinking...we and everyone else expects us to get our asses kicked the next several weeks and we have to deal with that this year...but not to want us to be on ABC in primetime is just why some of our fanbase deserves nothing...your defeatist attitude fits the past ...the rest of us are looking forward to many more premium type games even as an underdog...Please go follow another team I 'm sure we 'll survive without fans like you...

A bit harsh. $$$$

Not sure about that yet Mike. Game is not that close to being sold out as of yesterday.
Exactly, although I'm sure RU will claim it's a sellout no matter what and some of the spinmeisters on this board will parrot their nonsense.

the game will sell out...they will drop the dynamic pricing next week to move out the remaining inventory

People know this too...who still want seats

A bit harsh. $$$$
No not harsh at all... the O.P.'s post lacked common sense and thought ...it is expected we will lose B1G at O.S.U.
...How many other teams would love to be on not only TV but Primetime throughout the country...fans who cringe at the thought that a blowout will cause us harm are "old Rutgers" or really not fans...many don't even go to games but sit swilling beer in front of their boob tubes..."Fight or Flight".

Not sure about that yet Mike. Game is not that close to being sold out as of yesterday.
There appears to be ~1,500-2,000 tix available on scarletknights.com based on a quick look & guestimate.

the game will sell out...they will drop the dynamic pricing next week to move out the remaining inventory

People know this too...who still want seats
Blah blah blah. You guys always say games will sell out and then there's thousands of empty seats on gameday.

ADVERTISEMENT