ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN U / Mohegan Sun Production

High Quality H2O

Senior
Gold Member
May 7, 2022
Awful.
Really makes it even more excruciating to watch a rough game when the mics and audio are all out of sync. The quiet game calling with the super loud buzzers and extra loud commercials really made my skin crawl. ACC network is also terrible.
I might be spoiled as most B1G network games are good TV, but someone should get that straightened out.

Looked like there was about 200 people there, and yeah that buzzer was annoying. Unfortunately the actual game between these two actually matched the atmosphere perfectly!

Hopefully we are on to something bigger and better in the future.

The actual four team tournament being held there is decent. Better than the one off game between two schools 65 mike’s apart who could’ve just scheduled a home and home. The whole thing was small time. Pikiell wanted a game in his home state so some of his cronies could go to a game is what it amounted to.

Reactions: bac2therac
The actual four team tournament being held there is decent. Better than the one off game between two schools 65 mike’s apart who could’ve just scheduled a home and home. The whole thing was small time. Pikiell wanted a game in his home state so some of his cronies could go to a game is what it amounted to.
Coach Calhoun was at the game.I hope he told Pikiell after the game that he needs rebounders and shooters.

Reactions: Knightmoves
The actual four team tournament being held there is decent. Better than the one off game between two schools 65 mike’s apart who could’ve just scheduled a home and home.…Pikiell wanted a game in his home state so some of his cronies could go to a game is what it amounted to.

While it certainly looks that way to the general public, it wasn’t the case.

Pike has stated why he doesn’t want to be in a Nov four team format. So that was out.

When people were still going on about a Gonzaga game that door had already closed and the ink was already dry on RU piggybacking on different tournament (not the HOF or even in CT) but playing just one game (as was just done at Mohegan). Instead, RU and Wake Forrest inked a home and home and RU exited the first tournament deal. The HOF/Mohegan was on the sidelines during all of those negotiations and swooped in when the door opened.

The production team absolutely sucked on this broadcast. I think the cameraman was checking their Instagram feed mid game... how do you not follow the ball when you're the primary mid court camera? That person has one job when action is happening. As others noted, the producers decided to use unusual shots while the ball is in play. To top it off, the play by play was meh at best... I guess we really got the C team for this game.

Lot more fans today for Maryland and St. Louis, and I expect an even larger crowd as the Providence fans make their way in for Miami vs Providence now

Every ESPN game we have has a production value like this. It’s always like watching a highschool sports broadcast whether it’s a ranked team or temple.

The whole announcers just talking is a uniquely ESPN thing.

Every ESPN game we have has a production value like this. It’s always like watching a highschool sports broadcast whether it’s a ranked team or temple.

The whole announcers just talking is a uniquely ESPN thing.
I absolutely hate the modern broadcast model, which is just a courtside talk show. It's like actually calling a game and telling us why the referee blew the whistle is too pedestrian for them...

I absolutely hate the modern broadcast model, which is just a courtside talk show. It's like actually calling a game and telling us why the referee blew the whistle is too pedestrian for them...
This is why I like the BTN broadcasts — they manage to slip in some courtside chatter where appropriate, usually B1G related, but they also call a great game. Their familiarity with B1G players and coaches is unmatched by other broadcast teams.

While all the banter was cringeworthy, we at least found out a certain board poster would be doing the next radio broadcast.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Pike has stated why he doesn’t want to be in a Nov four team format. So that was out.
For the uninformed, why doesn't he want to be in a Nov. four team tournament?

Would he play in a Nov. eight team tournament like the one in Orlando next week, for example?

For the uninformed, why doesn't he want to be in a Nov. four team tournament?

Would he play in a Nov. eight team tournament like the one in Orlando next week, for example?
Coach stated he doesn’t like the extra travel around thanksgiving and doesn’t want his Kids missing thanksgiving. Also cited the difficulty bc he has to wait for the gavitt game schedule for this week. Which Doesn’t seem to be a problem for all other big ten teams….

Coach stated he doesn’t like the extra travel around thanksgiving and doesn’t want his Kids missing thanksgiving. Also cited the difficulty bc he has to wait for the gavitt game schedule for this week. Which Doesn’t seem to be a problem for all other big ten teams….
Wow. There are events that happen the week before Thanksgiving and events that are played the Mon - Wed before Thanksgiving.

But, whatever, he calls the shots. So much for ever playing in the Maui Invitational.

Wow. There are events that happen the week before Thanksgiving and events that are played the Mon - Wed before Thanksgiving.

But, whatever, he calls the shots. So much for ever playing in the Maui Invitational.
Yeah, it's a joke. Throw the fans and your players a bone with a fun non-conference tourney every couple of years. Of course I like Steve and am appreciative of everything he's accomplished but his stance on a four-team tournament is silly and childish.

Yeah, it's a joke. Throw the fans and your players a bone with a fun non-conference tourney every couple of years. Of course I like Steve and am appreciative of everything he's accomplished but his stance on a four-team tournament is silly and childish.
The idea of a buncha people from NJ descending on Maui just makes me smile.

• Haha
Reactions: RutgHoops
ADVERTISEMENT