ADVERTISEMENT

Eugene O

Here's a strange thought.. EO gets a free extra year of eligibility.. NCAA CoVid rules for fall and winter sports (which will likely be extended to spring sports too the way things are going)

If he graduates from Oregon.. he can come back here... or elsewhere.. or stay with the Ducks.

Hmm.. I wonder how this affects freshmen next year? Fewer athletic scholarships available? fewer open spots of rosters?

The extra year is only if you stay at the same school.

The extra year is only if you stay at the same school.
I see... link it is worded a bit oddly..

For example, a D1 freshman athlete, whether they compete in the 2020-21 competition season or not, is eligible for an extra year of competition. Starting their sophomore year, this athlete competes in 100% of the season through senior year. After their senior season, this athlete’s eligibility count is 3 years and they decide to enroll as a fifth-year senior to compete in their fourth collegiate season. Upon the completion of their fourth competition season, this athlete has the option to compete for one final season, a fifth year, because the NCAA D1 had granted all 2020-21 athletes an extra year of eligibility. If this athlete returns for a fifth year, they will have been a member of the team and eligible to receive financial aid for six year, because their first year of competition didn’t count against their years eligibility.​

It does sound like EO would have to stay with Oregon to play a 5th year...

Seems like many haven’t learned the art of “letting go and moving on” [roll]

You actually quoted me last yr when I told you how good Eugene is - when ppl were down playing it. And this post I never said he sucked. I said he playing like garbage - when he absolutely was. He shook the rust off and played his game. No surprise

This post aged well

You actually quoted me last yr when I told you how good Eugene is - when ppl were down playing it. And this post I never said he sucked. I said he playing like garbage - when he absolutely was. He shook the rust off and played his game. No surprise
I didn't say that you said he sucked, just that your post aged well.

Guys, a college kid transferred from Rutgers to another school. It happens. Who knows why that was? Not as if a college kid is an adult with fully-developed reasoning power and common sense. Are we going to dislike him forever for daring to transfer out of our school? Wish him well at Oregon and in the future. Maybe we will play Oregon in the NCAA's and then we can wish him bad karma for that day, only.

Guys, a college kid transferred from Rutgers to another school. It happens. Who knows why that was? Not as if a college kid is an adult with fully-developed reasoning power and common sense. Are we going to dislike him forever for daring to transfer out of our school? Wish him well at Oregon and in the future. Maybe we will play Oregon in the NCAA's and then we can wish him bad karma for that day, only.
Sounds like you didn't follow or don't remember the circumstances around the transfer. Kids transfer all the time. EO did it in a classless manner and then took shots at the team on his way out. He handled it terribly

Sounds like you didn't follow or don't remember the circumstances around the transfer. Kids transfer all the time. EO did it in a classless manner and then took shots at the team on his way out. He handled it terribly
Does anyone have knowledge of what, why and how it went down? I don’t. Just curious.

To this day I don't get why he wanted out. We were on the tourney radar his senior yr- before he left. And he was a big reason why. We made out well anyway, but for him to help build this - and then leave when it's time to reap the reward- it's just strange.

E O played though an injury and deserves credit for that.
He also helped RU MBB become a better program and deserves credit for that as well.
But he decided to leave so his College career is a big 0 ( zero) to me now and Duck fans can root for him).
I'll just hope he stays injury free and receives his degree.
As for the pro game, I won't hope he doesn't make it, his 3 years at Rutgers is good enough to
have me wish im good luck, but the transfer to Oregon makes me not care if he does or not

To this day I don't get why he wanted out. We were on the tourney radar his senior yr- before he left. And he was a big reason why. We made out well anyway, but for him to help build this - and then leave when it's time to reap the reward- it's just strange.
If I had to guess:

- He felt a better path to the NBA was to play at Oregon.
- His handlers managed and persuaded him to transfer to a high profile school such as Oregon.
- Maybe there was money involved "under the table".
-Possible Eugene wasn't happy / well liked with / by his teammates.
- Felt RHJ and Geo were taking over the team and offense would be centered around them.
- Needed a year off to rehab his knees - he dislocated them twice.

Whatever the reasons, so be it ! Things worked out terrific for us with Kwasi and the year we had last year.

Look forward and not behind !

I hope for the best for Eugene as I don't think our team would have been as exciting and succesful that it was last year with Eugene in lieu of Kwasi and the type of teammate / player Kwasi was !

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
I wish him the best. It sucked how and when he transferred, but I have no ill will toward him. He really battled through some injuries and provided some inspiring performances. Good for him on his debut

If I had to guess:

- His handlers managed and persuaded him to transfer to a high profile school such as Oregon.
- Felt RHJ and Geo were taking over the team and offense would be centered around them.

Whatever the reasons, so be it ! Things worked out terrific for us with Kwasi and the year we had last year.

I hope for the best for Eugene as I don't think our team would have been as exciting and succesful that it was last year with Eugene in lieu of Kwasi and the type of teammate / player Kwasi was !
My guess is some, most or close to all of those reasons.

If I had to guess:

Eugene Omoruyi has handlers?

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Loll so hes going to make the tournament at Oregon but you're saying if he stayed here he would get COVID and cut his season short? What kind of absurd prediction is that? Come on man

EO carrying the team now! Maybe he was just rusty but his stats look good. Not watching the game. Just turned on Illinois Baylor
That was not what he was saying. He was saying that if he stayed, he would have played last year and not been eligible this year. Either way, that is probably the wrong way to look at this since he was asked to redshirt and rehad his knee. He would have played this year at RU if he did that.

Last year preseason expectations were for RU to be improved and have a shot at being a bubble team. Nobody was predicting a breakout year. Eugene probably wanted to see some greener pastures, play for a school guaranteed to make the dance, and have a chance to rehab his body.

Many other other kids would have made a different decision and stayed. Eugene is no Geo Baker or Brian Leonard in terms of character. But he made a decision that plenty of other kids have made as well. No need to trash him or accuse him of corruption.

Having said that, I will be rooting against Oregon every game.

To beat the dead horse one more time, the sour feelings are largely from the way Eugene announce his transfer and the timing. Middle of the night, right after we committed to playing in Canada as a nod to him during his senior year, and taking shots at the program on his way out. I don't want him to be injured but I sure as heck hope our team outperforms Oregon this season even though I maintain him leaving when he did was good for our team long-term because it forced our guys to grow sooner.

I expect him to toy with Ike and Samuel tonight.
Its gonna be him and mamu. Should be fun to watch. Mamu is such an enigma. Id be so frustrated about him if I was a SHU fan. Some moments he looks like an nba talent, a minute later it looks like he just picked up a basketball for the first time after football practice

The Star Ledger has Oregon favored by one point. I wonder if Figueroa will make a difference.

Its gonna be him and mamu. Should be fun to watch. Mamu is such an enigma. Id be so frustrated about him if I was a SHU fan. Some moments he looks like an nba talent, a minute later it looks like he just picked up a basketball for the first time after football practice

Mamu can light Gene up on the perimeter but not inside.

If I'm Willard, I don't put Mamu on Gene

Ike is not good and will get into four trouble

They are a very flawed team without the PG who's injured.

Willard expected Samuel to step up but he's looked disengaged so far.

The true frosh Long has been dreadful and and looks like he ate a hundred boxes of Twinkies when they quarantined

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Looks like hot garbage for Oregon right now. Slow and lost on defense, offensive turnovers, just trash so far

I've lived in Oregon on an off for 8 years...last 1 1/2 full time. Our neighbors / my best friends up here are U of O diehards (they're both 74 and attended the Civil War last weekend in Eugene).

I sent a note to them yesterday and told them that EO would know all about the Hall (I STILL don't understand how they can dodge us...what's their excuse?).

I don't wish EO anything...nor do I care about him. Getting references from PAC 12 can't hurt tho.

MO

Traitors deserve no mercy I say. I hope we draw Oregon in the NCAA first round, but EO gets violent diarrhea and can't play. Then we go on to eliminate Oregon.... so EO never gets to play in the Tournament

• Haha
Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Traitors deserve no mercy I say. I hope we draw Oregon in the NCAA first round, but EO gets violent diarrhea and can't play. Then we go on to eliminate Oregon.... so EO never gets to play in the Tournament

I'd never root against RU ever.

Not a Duck or Oregon fan...anymore than I care what happened to our football captain who opted out Ohio State.

Just giving a heads up.

MO

ADVERTISEMENT