ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Eugene Omoruyi Transferring per Instagram

If true, why in the world Eugene would you want to transfer? WHY? You're finally part of a nucleus that's going somewhere special. Do you really think leaving this program and joining another is going to help your future prospects? This doesn't make ANY sense. None whatsoever.

Must not have liked the Stony Brook transfer, lol.

What do they do with the extra scholarship?

Reactions: RUonBrain
Unfvckingreal. My favorite player, who is arguably the team’s most valuable player, decides to leave right before our possible turnaround season.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Too late to get out of the game in Canada? I believe Pike was only doing that as a nod to Eugene. No need to have a game there now. Take the squad to a beach tourney or something.

Kind of a shocker if true and definitely hurts depth. I'll miss the kid's relentless effort and his willingness to step in on defense, but that said, I wouldn't lose all hope. I think Yeboah is a little bit better player. Now we need Harper Jr. to grow that three inches more than ever.

Not saying it isn't, but it would be an unusual hack. Stranger things have happened, but I would be surprised.

It's possible it was. It's also possible he didn't like the transfer who is likely to take some minutes and might have people in his ear telling him he can play on a bigger stage. Who knows? I am sure we will know soon enough either way.

If true, hopefully Pike has a big he's had his eyes on.

One thing is for sure in hoops and every other sport now. There are no off days in recruiting.

If true....I hope there are still a few grad transfer PF's that will want to come and take the spot.

Not saying it isn't, but it would be an unusual hack. Stranger things have happened, but I would be surprised.

It's possible it was. It's also possible he didn't like the transfer who is likely to take some minutes and might have people in his ear telling him he can play on a bigger stage. Who knows? I am sure we will know soon enough either way.

If true, hopefully Pike has a big he's had his eyes on.

One thing is for sure in hoops and every other sport now. There are no off days in recruiting.

I think it's fake but maybe he wants to play on a championship contending team. Keep in mind that he has had knee issues for two straight years.....any team taking him would need to know that the knee is fine.

I think it's fake but maybe he wants to play on a championship contending team. Keep in mind that he has had knee issues for two straight years.....any team taking him would need to know that the knee is fine.
I too believe this to be a big time hack job probably by some Ped U pos at least that’s what I hope. We are a vastly improved team playing in the best conference and Eugene would have no need to seek greener pastures. I can’t see the warrior E O is backing away from a challenge that the stony brook kid could present. “Say it isn’t so E O”.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletDave

Just never know what kids are being told. Lots of voices in their ears. And that goes for every sport. Transferring has never been easier. EO would likely have to sit a year though, which makes this suspect.

But stranger things have happened. If true, it's a damn good thing Pike landed the SB xfer.

I am going to go to sleep now and hope by morning we find out this is from some 12 year old computer geek trying to impress his computer geek friends.

maybe RU staff knew he was going to transfer, hence landing the Stony Brook grad transfer, and given this timing.
that said, hopefully it's fake--but with RU,we know this is the proverbial Lucy pulling the football from Charlie Brown
I won't go as far as we won't make a post-season tourney or reach .500 just yet. but, if true, a big loss for next year--senior experience is something we rarely can look forward to. he could transfer after next season as a grad transfer if he wanted--he would have 1 season left right now unless he transfers 2x.

maybe tampering...what's closer to his home, Syracuse?
If true and I’m praying it’s not, I gotta thinks doctors told him to sit out a year and heal completely hence the transfer not hurting E O but I’d also think somebody is paying somebody too and that just pisses me off but if I’m a team that does that B S i’d definitely want a warrior like E O all day long.

Makes absolutely no sense at all. Hacked? He spelled Pikes name wrong. Or was he recruited right off our roster by a blue chip program?

Could coach have known Eugene was unhappy..hence scheduling a Canadian game to appease him?

Only at Rurgers where the absurd happens. Haha.

The heart and soul of the team, the central warrior, out of no where? Something doesn’t make sense. Unless there was a serious falling out with his teammates I can’t understand this

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
ADVERTISEMENT