ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Wick in transfer portal.

That'd be awesome to have Wick at RU. The question is, do we have $ for him? He's from CA so maybe he wants to be close to home.

That'd be awesome to have Wick at RU. The question is, do we have $ for him? He's from CA so maybe he wants to be close to home.
Problem is now that Stanford has foolishly cut their program, where would Wick go if he wanted to be closer to home? Would he really drop down to a mid major team like Cal Poly or Bakersfield? ASU could be a threat though.

Cal Poly has a beautiful campus from what I have heard. Don’t know how important that is to him.

We are not getting Evan Wick. Unless we throw a boatload of money at him. Most likely Cal Poly. It would be nice if Donnie could leverage Turley & Poznanski with that money, knowing Wick would have two great training partners.

Sounding like Wick plan all along was to go back to CA. It was rumored long ago then people started saying he was staying recently. Poly with his brother is a good fit and he will have Truax as a partner

Rumors are Wick’s transfer is down to Cal Poly or ......PSU

I'm sure he is walking on at PSU as well, or more than likely paying them double tuition to go there so it's actually a net positive for PSU in terms of scholarship allotments.

Reactions: koleszar
I wouldn’t count out Iowa.. they return everyone
Eh, PSU is returning 4 champs already, plus a previous finalist in Dean, add in Wick, who finished 3rd & 4th in his two tournaments, and a healthy Kerkvliet gives PSU way too much firepower.

Eh, PSU is returning 4 champs already, plus a previous finalist in Dean, add in Wick, who finished 3rd & 4th in his two tournaments, and a healthy Kerkvliet gives PSU way too much firepower.
Iowa won it before finals even started even when psu had 4 finalist(which isn’t a gtd to happen again).. plus u add in a #1 seed marrinelli that didn’t even place and I’ll say Iowa still had room to improve their score.. it will be a race still even if psu gets wick.

Also on this, I consider 184 Dean’s perfect weight.. at 197 I think Dean is only a very slight upgrade over Beard if he even wins that wrestle off..(think of this transfer comparable of bulsak coming in to wrestle off Janzer for spot).

So with Addition of Dean Iowa would still be the fav... with transfer of Wick too(wtf?) it would probably be a virtual coin flip with a slight lean towards PSU imo.... someone can crunch the numbers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT