ADVERTISEMENT

Every team should play at MSG each season

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
BIG gets the Garden for 2 days back to back each year and everyone plays a game there. 4 games day 1, and 3 games day 2 or whatever works for TV.
Rotate years who is the home team and who is the away team. There is your NYC presence BIG. Sell the damn thing to FOX to offset the loss of home gate every other year . Call it BIG at MSG or BIG BS. Whatever there is your NYC presence

B1G treating us like an AAC team. It’s been almost 10 years. Let us keep our home court advantage which we worked so hard to cultivate. You love the Garden so much have a two team non conference foe double header in November or December. Don’t hamstring Rutgers anymore we are just as good as anybody else. Tell the Officials too.

Reactions: ColonelRutgers
Wasn't the B1G Tourney supposed to return there at some point? Next time should be a blast now that we're no longer an expected bottom feeder.
hell, LAST time was a blast and we were a bottom feeder. Corey Sanders emasculating Indiana is one of my favorite RU hoops memories.

BIG gets the Garden for 2 days back to back each year and everyone plays a game there. 4 games day 1, and 3 games day 2 or whatever works for TV.
Rotate years who is the home team and who is the away team. There is your NYC presence BIG. Sell the damn thing to FOX to offset the loss of home gate every other year . Call it BIG at MSG or BIG BS. Whatever there is your NYC presence
Love this ….brilliant

I’m not so sure about that. I would attend that every year. I think it could be a pretty big deal
Are the other 13 schools going to?

We already have the B1G tournament. Why do we need 2?

The only thought I have is nixing the year end B1G T in favor of a middle of the season tournament.

Love this idea - think forward to when USC & UCLA join - great national brands of the B1G in NYC and RU is front and center as a member of the big boys club.

A rising tide lifts all boats.....

That game was the beginning of the turn around so will always have a soft spot for Corey.
I have watched the replay of the game many times, from the interview with Williams parents to Corey's slam.
Never got too old

I think it would be a great showcase event if we had multiple B1G games on a single day, where you could buy a ticket for the whole event. Even over two days to get more games in.

The question is, would they count as neutral site games for everyone but us?
I think you get the ncaa to consider it neutral sites . This is where BIG uses its pull .

Are the other 13 schools going to?

We already have the B1G tournament. Why do we need 2?

The only thought I have is nixing the year end B1G T in favor of a middle of the season tournament.
This isn’t a tournament . It’s a showcase in NYC

So fans travel 3X per year
1. Showcase
2. B1G T
3. NCAA tournament

People are going to be surprised how unmagical MSG is on a Saturday at noon.
Fans don’t need to travel 3 times a year. Nyc alums . Some schools don’t make the ncaa tournament . I know one that had a 30 year drought

So fans travel 3X per year
1. Showcase
2. B1G T
3. NCAA tournament

People are going to be surprised how unmagical MSG is on a Saturday at noon.
I don’t want to pile on but Yankee Stadium isn’t magical for college football and sadly with renovations, Garden isn’t magical or unique anymore. Just another garden variety generic arena.

Face it , MSG is the home of losers and the Bigeast. It's not the glory days of old.

Reactions: motorb54
If I’m understanding the explanation, we’d still get screwed. It would be a neutral venue for everyone else and a home game for RU to play at MSG because of our proximity to the Garden.

If I’m understanding the explanation, we’d still get screwed. It would be a neutral venue for everyone else and a home game for RU to play at MSG because of our proximity to the Garden.
Maybe it can be the Big Ten Showcase organized by Duluth Trading Company and count as a third party event

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT