ADVERTISEMENT

Ex-Rutgers boss on $480K leave is now applying to be college president in Florida

Officials there are comfortable with what they know about Dutta’s departure from Rutgers, according to a report by the Tampa Bay Tribune.

“We would not bring him in if we didn’t think he was a great leader,” said Les Muma, a trustee and leader of the university’s search committee.

https://www.nj.com/education/2019/0...lying-to-be-college-president-in-florida.html

I saw this. I wonder if Dutta becomes USF President or President at a similar or better university, if he would be a candidate for the RU Presidency after Barchi steps down. Dutta's got a lot of the B10 experience and background that we sorely need at RU.

And I'd love to know the real reason Dutta stepped down. I wonder what the conflicting vision was...

Reactions: zazoo2002 and 1873
Officials there are comfortable with what they know about Dutta’s departure from Rutgers, according to a report by the Tampa Bay Tribune.

“We would not bring him in if we didn’t think he was a great leader,” said Les Muma, a trustee and leader of the university’s search committee.

https://www.nj.com/education/2019/0...lying-to-be-college-president-in-florida.html

He would be an excellent choice as President if USF. Rutgers huge loss, and USF huge gain (if they wisely select him)

Then came back and ran into some brick walls. Though to be be fair, he did manage to begin turning Rutgers around...

Well, anybody would have been an improvement over Fran Lawrence, who never should have been named in the first place. McCormick's big success was getting rid of the archaic college system, which had no value. He also did a lot to raise money. Too bad his personal demons got in the way.

Well, anybody would have been an improvement over Fran Lawrence, who never should have been named in the first place. McCormick's big success was getting rid of the archaic college system, which had no value. He also did a lot to raise money. Too bad his personal demons got in the way.

Very true. He did a nice jib setting up the office/systems for undergrads applying for Rhodes, Gates, Marshall, etc. fellowships too.

Reactions: RUhobbit
ADVERTISEMENT