ADVERTISEMENT

Excited about Deans future! Starter at 4?

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
IMO… next year, Dean needs to move to his natural 4… inside and out game will be tough to handle. He has a great stroke and cuts great for a slashing game.

Then, need a portal guy at center to back up Cliff

I see our 7 to be go to as:
5-Cliff
4-Dean
3-Mag
2-Hyatt/Jones (hopefully he develops his game)
1-Paul/Simpson

IMO… next year, Dean needs to move to his natural 4… inside and out game will be tough to handle. He has a great stroke and cuts great for a slashing game.

5-Cliff
4-Dean
3-Mag
1-Paul/Simpson
We need a 2 that can handle the ball. Hyatt is not that guy. Need another guy in the portal that can do that. And don't forget about Miller at the 1.

It’s not out of the question. He needs more stamina and could stand to bulk up a little more and play with more of a mean streak (but he did a pretty good job in the paint today). Assuming he does those things there’s no reason he can’t contribute 15 minutes or more per game next year.

Reactions: SBP
It’s not out of the question. He needs more stamina and could stand to bulk up a little more and play with more of a mean streak (but he did a pretty good job in the paint today). Assuming he does those things there’s no reason he can’t contribute 15 minutes or more per game next year.
Could? He HAS to

Reactions: ScarletKid2008

5-Cliff
4-Dean
3-Mag
1-Paul/Simpson
Why are you assuming no Caleb? He was literally quoted saying:

“I feel like I’m not done here yet. I feel like I have so much more room to grow”.

What am I missing? That doesn’t sound like a kid with one foot out the door at all. Sounds like a kid whose going to test the waters and we’ll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you assuming no Caleb? He was literally quoted saying:

“I feel like I’m not done here yet. I feel like I have so much more room to grow”.

What am I missing? That doesn’t sound like a kid with one foot out the door at all. Sounds like a kid whose going to test the waters and we’ll see.
He will test the waters . He may be gone to another college program anyway . His two best friends are gonna be gone and he may just feel it’s time to move on . We will see . Would love to have him back.

5-Cliff
4-Dean
3-Mag
1-Paul/Simpson

YES. And I've been saying this, and I think the staff knows it too, bc they have played w him at the 4 and Cliff in this season. They just can't too often bc A) our starting lineup doesn't have the room, and B) no true backup to Cliff other than Dean.

But Dean is a ball player and he's developing. As a 4 with even more development under his wing, I am excited for what he will become.

Reactions: BossNJ and SBP
If Caleb and Jones come back, we already have:
1. Paul, Jalen
2. Caleb, Simpson
3. Hyatt, Jones
4. Reiber, Mag
5. Cliff, Woolfolk

In the portal I hope we can get a scorer at the 2/3 that is also a willing defender.

If Caleb and Jones come back, we already have:
1. Paul, Jalen
2. Caleb, Simpson
3. Hyatt, Jones
4. Reiber, Mag
5. Cliff, Woolfolk

In the portal I hope we can get a scorer at the 2/3 that is also a willing defender.
After last years portal flub, , it’s best they plan for NO CALEB, if he returns, gravy.

Reactions: Danprusa_4
He will test the waters . He may be gone to another college program anyway . His two best friends are gonna be gone and he may just feel it’s time to move on . We will see . Would love to have him back.
Things could change. But none of the articles make it seem like that’s likely as of right now.

Tez transferred for lack of playing time. MJ for academic reasons. JY was a transfer to begin with. Not a kid tied to the original legacy. I really don’t see Caleb considering another college. If he’s told there’s a real chance of growth next year for a crack at the NBA I bet he comes back. If not, he may decide it’s time to earn money and go abroad.

5-Cliff
4-Dean
3-Mag
1-Paul/Simpson
I think we need a transfer that can score. Probably any where 1 through 4. I could be wrong but I don’t think that line up can score enough to truly compete.

agree, I still would like to see Pike use Dean in the second half at the 4 if Cliff s not in foul trouble this year. I think that would be a matchup problem for many of our competitors. Imagine both of them in a zone defense!!

Agree. He may play the 4 occasionally depending on matchups, but he backs up Cliff, imo.
But assuming no Cliff foul trouble, Dean can play 10 minutes in second half of a game. 5 minutes backing up Cliff ( who plays 15 minutes) and 5 minutes at the 4 with Cliff at 5

Might have to start at the 5 next year though, we’ll have to see how many 5 men Pike brings in the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT