ADVERTISEMENT

Face it, at best we’re a bubble team again

Sure but that should affect everybody and isn't a reason our defense should regress relative to the national standard.

“I dont worry about that stuff. What i care about is that we share the game and play defense. If we play defense we win games. It doesnt go down in the stat sheet but when you hold (name a player) to X points, it is the same as scoring Y more points. I mean this is the best conference in the country”

From the Wisconsin post-game presser today when asked if he was concerned back when the team was hitting 3s how they would react when regression came along like it usually does:

"Yeah I mean I was only been really concerned lately about our defense and our rebounding. So, you know, some times the ball goes in some times it doesn't......"

From the Wisconsin post-game presser today when asked if he was concerned back when the team was hitting 3s how they would react when regression came along like it usually does:

"Yeah I mean I was only been really concerned lately about our defense and our rebounding. So, you know, some times the ball goes in some times it doesn't......"
Its perplexing that people have been okay with those comments for half a decade. Its 2021 not 1981. He needs to get with the times

we neeeeed to run an offense we dont recruit at a high enough level to play street ball and then balls to wall defense

Agree with KyK. Pike has never embraced the challenge of improving offensively. hes old school in a new school game. Teams that can shoot and score generally win and generally Beat good Defense. The “we play in best league “ excuse is getting old. Hes the only big ten coach that says it at EVERY Presser. its not an excuse.

Kyk really for the win on this thread and on the no offense thread and prolly needs multiple apologies, he made a very controversial thread and it turns out he was right

Kyk really for the win on this thread and on the no offense thread and prolly needs multiple apologies, he made a very controversial thread and it turns out he was right
He wasn’t the only one right here . Some said he was onto something

Plum, you wouldn't know your ass from your face if you were asked
Lol yeah right .I have been more right than most people on this board ! I said flood was a dud , ash would get us smashed and gave the Caroo side piece story first. So if I don’t got board cred, then no one does.
And I was worried about this collapse back after ohio state and posted it !

Lol yeah right .I have been more right than most people on this board ! I said flood was a dud , ash would get us smashed and gave the Caroo side piece story first. So if I don’t got board cred, then no one does.
And I was worried about this collapse back after ohio state and posted it !
You have zero cred, you're a joke on this board. You can step off your high horse and slowly understand that nobody would miss your posts.

You have zero cred, you're a joke on this board. You can step off your high horse and slowly understand that nobody would miss your posts.
How do I have zero cred if I hade made major predictions and they have been right ? Or I gave the board the side piece story the week after the Washington state arrest ?
I have certainly been wrong too on things . But I got major predictions correct. You don’t want to agree with my predictions that have been right - I don’t know what to tell you .

Can we all at least agree if theres 3 games left and you still have work to do that youre a bubble team?

i get that people are up in arms and disappointed but you shouldnt be. This was what this season was gonna be from day one. Too many let the media and buffoons set the bar FAR above what reality was.

Can we all at least agree if theres 3 games left and you still have work to do that youre a bubble team?

i get that people are up in arms and disappointed but you shouldnt be. This was what this season was gonna be from day one. Too many let the media and buffoons set the bar FAR above what reality was.

Credit to our guys against Indiana earlier this year I pretty surprised we got 70+. I have a feeling it’s gonna be a tougher game - we will definitely be an underdog. Pretty much expecting a loss. At that point if you lose your playing a risky game going with a slip up at Nebraska a possible disaster

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs

Not really? Again if you want to use a really expansive definition of bubble team (basically anyone that isn’t a 100% lock) then sure but it isn’t the usual definition.

Credit to our guys against Indiana earlier this year I pretty surprised we got 70+. I have a feeling it’s gonna be a tougher game - we will definitely be an underdog. At that point if you lose your playing a risky game going with a slip up at Nebraska a possible disaster

We are going to be favored against Indiana.

Are you seriously still bumping this thread?

Lol dude. The ego is astounding.

Not really? Again if you want to use a really expansive definition of bubble team (basically anyone that isn’t a 100% lock) then sure but it isn’t the usual definition.
Okay, so lets ask this.

if we finish the season 1-2 do you think we are in? Assuming that 1 is nebraska of course. If we go 1-2 and one of the losses is nebraska, stick a fork in us. The issue is they have a good coach whos gonna know how to scheme vs us despite lacking talent

1. We still aren’t a bubble team.
2. If you originally said “at worst, we’re a bubble team” then maybe it would have been correct. But you said “at best,” which clearly isn’t true given what we’ve seen from these guys. So, still wrong.
By this virtue the year we beat wisconsin we were a national championship contender at best lol

Okay, so lets ask this.

if we finish the season 1-2 do you think we are in? Assuming that 1 is nebraska of course. If we go 1-2 and one of the losses is nebraska, stick a fork in us. The issue is they have a good coach whos gonna know how to scheme vs us despite lacking talent
Yes one more and we will make it... the bubble is bad this year

100% correct. No one should be surprised. We have never been a consistently good team and should never have been ranked. Imo

Yes one more and we will make it... the bubble is bad this year
If we beat indy and lose to nebraska and minny idk man. But again, if we finish 9-11 in B1G play are we anything more than a bubble team?

I’ll get back to you on gameday I have a hunch we see a lineup change and minutesdistribution change

Lol no this offer is only available before the spread comes out, which is going to be like Rutgers -3.5.

Not really, if you think this team is in any way comparable to any Eddie Jordan team you should stick to football IMO. We’ve seen sustained success from pretty much this same group of players across 2 seasons now. Something is wrong but they’ve definitely proven they can be significantly better than they have been lately. It’s not a flash in the pan type thing.

This was and is a bad take and will most likely continue to be one over the last few games once the panic subsides.
Were 8-9 in B1G with 3 games to go and my prediction of us being a bubble team is a bad take. Interesting. Agree to disagree

Reactions: RUsojo and GORU2014
Were 8-9 in B1G with 3 games to go and my prediction of us being a bubble team is a bad take. Interesting. Agree to disagree

Honestly it’s just the words “at best” that make it a bad take IMO. I don’t think there is really any indication that this is the team’s CEILING as opposed to its approximately median performance. I don’t think we’ve gotten especially lucky this season what with the injuries, the end of the Iowa game, getting robbed of a road win at Ohio State, etc.

Reactions: Pancho1939
Okay but that’s insane we were 6-0 with a win over Illinois. What the **** 25 teams were you ranking above us if you were an AP voter?

I can’t recall my opinion from December/January. So I don’t know. I just remember at the time thinking hiw vastjy overrated we were. Especially when we made it to #11. Just thought it was crazy

This thread was flawed and didn’t really make sense from the beginning.

Title reads “at best were a bubble team” and then the post goes on to say we’re a middle of the pack BIG10 team between 7th-9th.

A 7th placed BIG10 team isn’t a bubble team. An 8th placed BIG10 team probably wouldn’t be considered a bubble team either. This is the deepest conference in the country by far.

Reactions: fluoxetine
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT