ADVERTISEMENT

Family

gunboat

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2007
Navesink River
F A M I L Y Forget About Me I Love You
Did Greg copy this or was it original? Right now the Minnesota players being interviewed on BTN are quoting this as their favorite saying.

Did Greg copy this or was it original? Right now the Minnesota players being interviewed on BTN are quoting this as their favorite saying.

Well PJ was here with Greg when he was all about F A M I L Y so I can see why they would be using it.

I hated it when we used FAMILY (Forget About Me I Love You). It sounds like something Barney would say. Real cornball. Minny can have it......beginning of the end for the Barney Gophers
maxresdefault.jpg

Came around in 2008 season after media staged an ambush of Schiano as the season began. He was being dogged for deals on the side (that every other coach had). So "FAMILY was "forget about me I love you". Team was also getting booed for bad early games. Kenny Britt was wearing "Just Us" on his eye black tabs. RU and GS were never quite the same after 2008 mess

RU had to deal with a lawsuit from Sister Sledge while Schiano was here.
Did Sister Sledge sue the '79 Pittsburgh Pirates, too? Chic would have sued them if Nile Rodgers hadn't produced (and probably written) all of their hits.

Came around in 2008 season after media staged an ambush of Schiano as the season began. He was being dogged for deals on the side (that every other coach had). So "FAMILY was "forget about me I love you". Team was also getting booed for bad early games. Kenny Britt was wearing "Just Us" on his eye black tabs. RU and GS were never quite the same after 2008 mess
That regular season ended very well for Mike Teel.Think "Ville game.

Reactions: ATIOH
95% of these college football hashtags are cringeworthy

PJ Fleck is one of the biggest offenders. Rutgers does it too but not to that level

If you've seen the latest GoT, I expect this to catch on:

#BeADragon

FWIW I like Fleck, he might be a little cheesy but he definitively has a identifiable message. "Being Elite" is something we could all strive for in many aspects of our lives.

Fleck got it from Schiano, who got it from a woman while he was vacationing in Point Pleasant. Her husband, Mike Manhardt trademarked it. I had the opportunity to meet him. Amazing guy. He uses the term to inspire people to do every day acts of kindness. The link to his website is below.

The story goes Schiano, who is a very religious man, was wearing a wristband at a Point Pleasant gym that said "What Can I Do For You?" The woman noticed it, walked up to Greg and told him she had the answer to his question. Showed him her wristband. Greg liked it so much he decided to get in touch with Mike and made F.A.M.I.L.Y. part of the culture within Rutgers football.

http://onestrongfamily.com

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge
Fleck got it from Schiano, who got it from a woman while he was vacationing in Point Pleasant. Her husband, Mike Manhardt trademarked it. I had the opportunity to meet him. Amazing guy. He uses the term to inspire people to do every day acts of kindness. The link to his website is below.

The story goes Schiano, who is a very religious man, was wearing a wristband at a Point Pleasant gym that said "What Can I Do For You?" The woman noticed it, walked up to Greg and told him she had the answer to his question. Showed him her wristband. Greg liked it so much he decided to get in touch with Mike and made F.A.M.I.L.Y. part of the culture within Rutgers football.

http://onestrongfamily.com
This is the correct version. Mike is my cousin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT