ADVERTISEMENT

Fans/NIL/Booing

ScarletNut

All American
Jul 27, 2001
The unwritten rule is to not boo football, basketball or any college athlete since they're still kids,are student-athletes, etc. Only boo the coaches who are getting paid big bucks. So how do we treat kids that now get big NIL deals and are playing poorly? Is the unwritten rule invalid for NIL athletes?

Reactions: 70TimeWinner
The unwritten rule is to not boo football, basketball or any college athlete since they're still kids,are student-athletes, etc. Only boo the coaches who are getting paid big bucks. So how do we treat kids that now get big NIL deals and are playing poorly? Is the unwritten rule invalid for NIL athletes?
Treat them how you’d like to be treated.

I don't boo poor play. I've only booed poor effort for many year, even in the pros. But I had a similar thought when NIL became a thing.

The Golden Rule. Treat others like how you'd want to be treated.

Booing is really dumb in other words.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Really weird thread. We get a great win and a huge recruit in the same day, and all OP can think about is whether he reserves the right to boo him at some point in the future.

As others have said, golden rule bro. It never fails.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Guys/gals,
Starting this thread had nothing to do with today’s game, nor do I boo players or have any desire to boo players. We’ve all read how Rutgers is lacking in NIL vs some other P5 schools. Bailey’s commitment was a surprise considering who was recruiting him and the bag men those school have. So I wondered if any posters here who had contributed to NIL collectives would react differently if a player performed poorly (i.e. felt he/she wasn’t getting a good ROI).

So I wondered if any posters here who had contributed to NIL collectives would react differently if a player performed poorly (i.e. felt he/she wasn’t getting a good ROI).
No, we already donate/buy tickets and don’t boo the players

I’m not a boo guy, so probably not a good person to ask. I may boo a crappy call but that’s about it.

ADVERTISEMENT