ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo

With the Fargo tourney in full swing, I'm surprised there isn't any threads on it yet. I know Anthony Knox dominated someone earlier.
Thanks for starting this. Anyone have any idea who we're looking at in 16U and Jr, and who may have some interest in us? Based on social media, it looks like Pollard, Ashnault and Goodale are out there.

Reactions: bigmatt718
🦗🦗

16U quarterfinalists by state (# in consolation bracket):

Pennsylvania-18 (10)
Minnesota-13 (5)
Ohio-11 (11)
New Jersey-10 (6)
Wisconsin-10 (7)
California-6 (9)
Iowa-6 (8)
Illinois-5 (10)
Arizona-4 (5)
Georgia-4 (3)
Missouri-4 (3)
Nebraska-4
Virginia-4 (4)
Colorado-3 (5)
Florida-3 (3)
Idaho-3 (1)
Kansas-3
New York-3 (5)
Oklahoma-3 (8)
Indiana-2 (6)
Maryland-2 (5)
Michigan-2 (3)
Oregon-2 (2)
Utah-2
Connecticut-1 (2)
Louisiana-1
North Carolina-1 (1)
Rhode Island-1
South Dakota-1
Tennessee-1
Texas-1 (3)
Washington-1 (2)

Big win for Chletsos as he knocks off the #2 seed Ramon Ramos (ASU) at 138. He was a U16 Fargo freestyle finalist, Fargo U16 greco champ, NHSCA champ, AZ state champ, and was a top 15 recruit at 138 last year.

Chletsos will face 2021 NJ state champ Ty Whalen in his R16 match-up today.

Soldano will face Joshua Cordio (MA) in the R16. Don't know anything about his opponent, but I'm not expecting him to be really challenged.

Reactions: KidDagger
Chletsos will face 2021 NJ state champ Ty Whalen in his R16 match-up today.

Soldano will face Joshua Cordio (MA) in the R16. Don't know anything about his opponent, but I'm not expecting him to be really challenged.
Are we recruiting Whalen?

Chletsos loses to Whalen. He looked to be outmuscled by Whalen and got laced at the end. He also doesn't look 100% comfortable in freestyle, which seems to come from a lack of experience.

Soldano advances to the quarterfinals.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Wow, top 5 P4P recruit Nic Bouzakis lost in the quarterfinals.

Chletsos loses to Whalen. He looked to be outmuscled by Whalen and got laced at the end. He also doesn't look 100% comfortable in freestyle, which seems to come from a lack of experience.

Soldano advances to the quarterfinals.
Thanks for the updates on the RU commits!

Reactions: MS-RU
Soldano beats #5 Clayton Whiting in quarterfinals and will face #8 Bennett Berge in the semifinals.

It was a great match that went back and forth which found Soldano losing with 30 seconds left. After a wild sequence he picked up 4 to ultimately win it.

Anthony Knox, who will be a freshmen at SJV next year, is the U16 Fargo champ at 106. The kid will be an absolute stud (well he already is) and is absolutely someone we need to land in a few years to get to that elite level.

Soldano loses 8-4 to Stewart to finish 2nd.

He didn't look his best as he couldn't get anything going on offense until the very end and unfortunately gave up 4 points early on the edge of the mat. Stewart was tough defensively and is a very good freestyle wrestler as he is now a 2x Fargo champ.

Is Mullen wrestling in Fargo? To me he's the heavyweight we really need to move up the ladder in the B1G. Good thing Schiano and Goodale are friends and will likely set up the same football/wrestling dual sport setup that they set Kyonte with.

Is Mullen wrestling in Fargo? To me he's the heavyweight we really need to move up the ladder in the B1G. Good thing Schiano and Goodale are friends and will likely set up the same football/wrestling dual sport setup that they set Kyonte with.

Mullen was in Budapest Hungary wrestling for the US team at the World Championships. He finished 2nd in the Worlds.

Soldano had an incredible tournament. For him to finish 2nd in Fargo is huge. His style is not really conducive to freestyle, since he puts himself in danger a lot to score.
We got a monster with him!! Need a couple more to move us up in the rankings.

Anyone know if we're targeting Zach Ryder from NY? He won 16U at 152 and has been elite since youth wrestling.

Everyone will be on him. He's just learning how to wrestle he's gonna be special
My kids wrestle in the same section as Ryder. As a frosh, he destroyed our top wrestler who was a state champ in greco and a two-time place winner in scholastic. His entire high school is at another level compared to everyone else up here.

ADVERTISEMENT