ADVERTISEMENT

Fava FG

It looked wide left at the beginning and then hooked through. How many times over the years has it been the other way around?

I posted this in the game thread. VERY bad decision. I said it at home before they didn't make it. FG makes it a one score game. RU consistently stopped the short "to go" all game.

Terrible decision by Tucker not to go for the FG to make it 28-23.

Reactions: RUonBrain
That was the laziest kick I’ve ever seen
Kid has a smooth , hitch free style ...always the same stroke and that is what consistency looks like . The only negative for me is the decision to “pooch” on kickoffs. . It’s ok at certain times but it can put the opposition in good field position especially late in a game

Kid has a smooth , hitch free style ...always the same stroke and that is what consistency looks like . The only negative for me is the decision to “pooch” on kickoffs. . It’s ok at certain times but it can put the opposition in good field position especially late in a game
I did NOT understand why we did that. Was their return man such a threat. Was our KO SP TEAM THAT BAd? If you are going to pooch,you have to kick it high and have it come down between the 10 and 20 yd lines.

Reactions: RUBOB72
I did NOT understand why we did that. Was their return man such a threat. Was our KO SP TEAM THAT BAd? If you are going to pooch,you have to kick it high and have it come down between the 10 and 20 yd lines.
And yet Fava can easily reach the end zone... did it several times when given chance last season if my memory is working today. Could be a way of giving the kickoff team more experience as we get into the season.

‘This.
You can’t give the opposition the opportunity to start at the 35 yard- 40 yard line on each kickoff.
That field position will be an issue in many games.
I don’t recall Justin having kickoff issues last season. Maybe something with Fava or Coaching strategy.

ADVERTISEMENT