ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite and Least Favorite replies on this board

Those were the best in the earlier days: board resignations. They would happen after a crappy loss or a knock-down drag-out thread.
Board resignations!

Hahaha

I remember one of my favorite posters resigning several times around 2005 and before, I think.

He’s back and hasn’t resigned in at least a decade! :)

Last edited:
Favorite: Some of the really random OT questions. Such as “Where can I find shop-rite brand diet root beer?” / “Why does my banana fruit to peel ratio vary from store to store?” / “Is there still an Arby’s here?” / “Have you seen the new shopping carts at this shop-rite?”

Least Favorite: the “Schiano’s not good enough” posts that appeared after every loss from 2007-2011, and started showing up again last year.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Board resignations!

Hahaha

I remember one of my favorite posters resigning several times around 2005 and before, I think.

He’s back and hasn’t resigned in at least a decade! :)
It was big deal back in the day! Sort of like Martin Luther nailing his document (proper historical name escapes me now) to the door. You don't see it as much anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: NewJerseyGuy
Favorite: Some of the really random OT questions. Such as “Where can I find shop-rite brand diet root beer?” / “Why does my banana fruit to peel ratio vary from store to store?” / “Is there still an Arby’s here?” / “Have you seen the new shopping carts at this shop-rite?”

Least Favorite: the “Schiano’s not good enough” posts that appeared after every loss from 2007-2011, and started showing up again last year.
Regarding your favorite: that's why I love this board. Sometimes people complain about the OTs, but you really see how unique this community is through them. The board always auto corrects in season anyway. One of my favorites was a guy looking for Istanbul travel recommendations and of course, a bunch of posters jumped in with great recommendations.

oh boy GIF

Favorite - informative replies that actually pertain to the topic

Last Favorite - replies to soccer threads by people that don’t like soccer. I purposely avoid topics I have no interest in.

oh boy GIF

Last Favorite - replies to soccer threads by people that don’t like soccer. I purposely avoid topics I have no interest in.
Man, did you nail it on both counts! But I have noticed as things change, mainly Americans having more access to world-class soccer through digital cable and the internet, those posters were largely ignored in soccer threads and they went away. You still get a couple now and again, but no one engages with them.

Regarding your favorite: that's why I love this board. Sometimes people complain about the OTs, but you really see how unique this community is through them. The board always auto corrects in season anyway. One of my favorites was a guy looking for Istanbul travel recommendations and of course, a bunch of posters jumped in with great recommendations.
Ok- so another hate goes to this^^^^
This board really can give great personal insight that you can’t get from google- as google, great as it is for many things, is not much better than a tour guide. If I want to know a great restaurant in New Brunswick for a “semi casual” business lunch- I don’t want yelp…this board has always been great
Affordable vacation in Caribbean’s with kids- I don’t want Travelocity, I would like to hear from real people. Same with a variety of things. Has been great for me.
What I hate, are the dolts that have the need to tell you all you have to do is google it. And they are serious.
The others that I hate- let’s say the affordable Caribbean with kids and they mention you should just do villas on the water in wherever, like they did last year. Or get the Mercedes G series like they have instead of a mid sized SUV that you asked about…lol
Though- I do sort of like the Honda Accord answer in every car question…lol

oh boy GIF

Man, did you nail it on both counts! But I have noticed as things change, mainly Americans having more access to world-class soccer through digital cable and the internet, those posters were largely ignored in soccer threads and they went away. You still get a couple now and again, but no one engages with them.
Why are you guys bring up soccer on our football thread. Dumb boring sport. Who cares, bring it elsewhere! 😜

haha

No- actually, serious 😀😉

Reactions: RUPete
Why are you guys bring up soccer on our football thread. Dumb boring sport. Who cares, bring it elsewhere! 😜

haha

No- actually, serious 😀😉
You're a good poster with inside knowledge of how this whole football thing works, so I'll allow this and not resign from the board tonight! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: yesrutgers01
Ok- so another hate goes to this^^^^
This board really can give great personal insight that you can’t get from google- as google, great as it is for many things, is not much better than a tour guide. If I want to know a great restaurant in New Brunswick for a “semi casual” business lunch- I don’t want yelp…this board has always been great
Affordable vacation in Caribbean’s with kids- I don’t want Travelocity, I would like to hear from real people. Same with a variety of things. Has been great for me.
What I hate, are the dolts that have the need to tell you all you have to do is google it. And they are serious.
The others that I hate- let’s say the affordable Caribbean with kids and they mention you should just do villas on the water in wherever, like they did last year. Or get the Mercedes G series like they have instead of a mid sized SUV that you asked about…lol
Though- I do sort of like the Honda Accord answer in every car question…lol
Why did you hate my post? We seem to agree on this. We're saying the same thing.

Forgot one...I really hate the threads that belittle other schools by using corny unfunny nicknames like Sarahcuse and State Penn. I know I'm in the minority here, but it just comes off as small time to me.
I would add those who find it incomprehensible that any recruit would even consider attending PSU, because of events that occurred when they were in diapers.

While I’ve got you here, do you know how to shorten a drive? I think the game would be more fun if I had to use my irons.
My conversation with the great reliever from the Cubs 6ft 6 Lee Smith when I ran into him in an elevator in Chicago..
Me: You throw way to hard Lee.
Him: I only throw at 3/4 speed because I’m afraid I’ll kill somebody

Last edited:
Least Favorite
"blah, blah, blah, Schiano drove away Savage, blah, blah, blah." No matter how many times the real story comes out, people refuse to accept it and pop this one in again months later.
"Fail"

Favorite
In reference to the above Savage post, me or someone else posting this:

Initially humorous but has started to get old:

"Worst possible scenario"

8bGOntC.gif

Least: was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
wasnt even funny in the movie which also wasn’t funny

pwHEuA3.jpg

More Worst: People who contribute nothing to the look-alikes except to say "these are lame."

Knight Shift reminded me: people who post in the lookalike thread comparisons that aren't funny. This player looks like that normal guy or celebrity: not funny. This player looks like a Minecraft dog: funny.

Least Favorite
"blah, blah, blah, Schiano drove away Savage, blah, blah, blah." No matter how many times the real story comes out, people refuse to accept it and pop this one in again months later.
"Fail"

Favorite
In reference to the above Savage post, me or someone else posting this:

8bGOntC.gif

pwHEuA3.jpg

Knight Shift reminded me: people who post in the lookalike thread comparisons that aren't funny. This player looks like that normal guy or celebrity: not funny. This player looks like a Minecraft dog: funny.
Focus Spanky FOCUS
This thread will lose if you don't focus on one complaint.
As one of the best posters, under many, many-many and many more names liked to point out.
Noq go buy one of those Fords you used to posted in reply to his advice

However true now more than ever.
NCAA= Milk toast
milquetoast.. um.. there it is.. my least favorite.. grammar and spelling corrections.. and irony.. don't forget ironic posts for the win.. the only thing better is when a post is both ironic and hypocritical... those are just golden

Last edited:
Reading through posts here, you tend to see the same replies over and over. I was wondering if anyone has favorites, or has replies that drive you nuts. I will give two examples of each, and we'll see how long this goes before someone says something awful to a specific poster and gets it locked. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Favorites:
Spanky "Oh boy"-It brings me so much joy. Not even sure why.
Gina Carano lip bite-What can I say, I'm a guy.

Least Favorites:
"Who?" any time a post about someone who used to be here is made. You definitely know who. This reaction is tired.
"I said this x months ago..." to prove you knew before everyone else. Why the need to self promote, like there are points here?

My favs are in my sig lines. Mostly @MrsScrew being mean to me.

Hate- anyone that argues with @beaced @RutgersRaRa or @MrsScrew
You are just wrong. lol
First guy can do and say whatever he wants on here all the time. Just because.

Second guy, if he has a problem with you, it’s YOU.

Third poster…She is so helpful, just be a good person and take her advice.

So to some up…

We have the King in @beaced

The Queen in @MrsScrew

And the Court Jester and all around good guy in @RutgersRaRa

Last edited:
First guy can do and say whatever he wants on here all the time. Just because.

Second guy, if he has a problem with you, it’s YOU.

Third poster…She is so helpful, just be a good person and take her advice.

So to some up…

We have the King in @beaced

The Queen in @MrsScrew

And the Court Jester and all around good guy in @RutgersRaRa
The Courtside Jester!

Least favorite: Coming across an interesting thread, only to realize on the last post or two the thread was resurrected from five years ago. Even weirder still is it seems to happen regularly on the celeb obituary posts.

ADVERTISEMENT