ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite and Least Favorite replies on this board

milquetoast.. um.. there it is.. my least favorite.. grammar and spelling corrections.. and irony.. don't forget ironic posts for the win.. the only thing better is when a post is both ironic and hypocritical... those are just golden
Son of a gun! You basically stole my entire post idea, "milk toast" and all. 😢

😀

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Hate: Mutual admiration society posts.
Love: Mutual admiration society posts.
tenor.gif

kind of depends on who the love or hate is for...beaced rara and mrs screw- are in a league of their own.
I love 'em all. I just have a love/hate relationship with the concept of mutual admiration.

I'm fine admiring others but it makes me really uncomfortable when someone else admires me (oh boy did I tee one up for the crowd there 😀).

Favorite: grown men posting about things they saw on social media (Twitter or Facebook) and how upset they are like a teenage girl. And then the same social media addicted Boomers complaining about "millennials" in the next thread.

It's always high comedy.
Hurry, some blogger in Nebraska just tweeted "Rutgers sucks". Attack!!

Reading through posts here, you tend to see the same replies over and over. I was wondering if anyone has favorites, or has replies that drive you nuts. I will give two examples of each, and we'll see how long this goes before someone says something awful to a specific poster and gets it locked. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Favorites:
Spanky "Oh boy"-It brings me so much joy. Not even sure why.
Gina Carano lip bite-What can I say, I'm a guy.

Least Favorites:
"Who?" any time a post about someone who used to be here is made. You definitely know who. This reaction is tired.
"I said this x months ago..." to prove you knew before everyone else. Why the need to self promote, like there are points here?
Favorite: Salma GiF's or Animal House references

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/1308aSVsMbjbdm" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Least: SMH or Face Palm

MO

I love that I can get a quick read of what misguided America is up to by looking at the CE board before family gatherings.

least favorite - congratulating commitments (but I still do it). It's like an award for attempted participation.

Least: when you make a comment and someone just HAS to respond to you, yet they interject 76 different topics that you didn’t even mention in your original comment. Lol.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Least favorite: The posters in the spring of 2019 that predicted that Manny Machado had signed on "to play a decade of meaningless games" and San Diego was "baseball purgatory".

Reactions: NickRU714
My least favorite is that stupid electric vehicle thread that keeps popping up. How can there be more than 10 posts about electric vehicles. And there must be a million posts in that thread. Nobody even reads it.
That is strange. I noticed that. I may have clicked on it once. I think it survives because it evolved into a general car discussion thread.

My least favorite is that stupid electric vehicle thread that keeps popping up. How can there be more than 10 posts about electric vehicles. And there must be a million posts in that thread. Nobody even reads it.
It gives CE board fans a chance to post in the football thread…that is why it keeps popping up. Just another letter to the editor after another…

Reactions: RUPete
Love the lookalikes- the Haiku- not my thing but don’t read or comment- wish goes back to a hate- people that go into a thread to say it is stupid, waste of time and doesn’t belong.
Why the F did you go into it and respond if that was your feeling on it. Ignore the thread and take that 5 minutes to have some fun.
I love the reactions (positive and negative) to the haikus and their longevity. I started them in 2006. My original account in those days was locked by admins when I lost my shit with the rest of the board when Lance Thomas chose to go elsewhere after stringing Rutgers along.

I may be swimming against the current on this, but I rather like the OT posts.

Least favorite: The posters in the spring of 2019 that predicted that Manny Machado had signed on "to play a decade of meaningless games" and San Diego was "baseball purgatory".

Those were fun times.
So many wrong posts.
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-machado-to-the-padres.162936/

Machado: Afraid of big moments, choosing to go play in obscurity for just money. Everything wrong with modern stars. Doesn't care about winning.

Trout - resigns for $130m MORE with a team that made the playoffs once in his career and is lauded for his "loyalty" and willing to stick it out with a team wasting his career.

***checks standings***

LAA were only 33 game back in their division and finished 3rd.
I think that might considered a huge success for them.

Reactions: tico brown
There is a lot going on with EVs that interests quite a few piaters..
That is strange. I noticed that. I may have clicked on it once. I think it survives because it evolved into a general car discussion thread.
Not really.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT