ADVERTISEMENT

Fear the walking dead -spoilers

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
so did anyone watch last night? Is strand the real deal or a con man at every turn. Did they reach a new level and have a pregnant woman shot in the head, or was she off the boat already?

chick shot was not the pregnant one and who cares if it was. Why would Strand leave his boat? That was dumb. This group is acting like its been months since shit went down and in reality it's been days. All of a sudden this pregnant chick is some savage? who writes this garbage?

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
chick shot was not the pregnant one and who cares if it was. Why would Strand leave his boat? That was dumb. This group is acting like its been months since shit went down and in reality it's been days. All of a sudden this pregnant chick is some savage? who writes this garbage?

The last episode was trash.

The plot is going down the crapper.

I'll give it another week

Reactions: eceres
I was confused at first and thought I missed an episode when I saw the son on land walking around and meeting that guy. Had no idea what was going on....

I think the show is frustrating because we all know what your suppose to do but when they do the wrong thing like letting strangers on the boat, well yea! I do have to agree with RUinOhio, the intruders are way to bad ass to quickly. They should be a little less trained or clumsy around the type of fire arms they are dealing with.
The thing that always bothered me about this show, when the disease first broke out and there was rioting in the streets, our family never once turns on a TV or radio to see whats happening.

The main intruder is already acting like he is the Governor!

I think the show is frustrating because we all know what your suppose to do but when they do the wrong thing like letting strangers on the boat, well yea! I do have to agree with RUinOhio, the intruders are way to bad ass to quickly. They should be a little less trained or clumsy around the type of fire arms they are dealing with.
The thing that always bothered me about this show, when the disease first broke out and there was rioting in the streets, our family never once turns on a TV or radio to see whats happening.

Not Clumsy lol...two of them are dead now and one has a crow bar protruding from his stomach.........

I think its funny that they are clearly in sight of land and someone can swim ashore, and they are not be mobbed by a flotilla of refuges.

Also, amazing how quickly chain link fence went up around the country...if i see a zombie apocolypse approaching, I am going long chain-link.

Stairs are another thing in this one how do zombies climb stairs or go down with out falling yet they walk endlessly into chainlink fence....

When the engine stalled - How did that zombie guy get his arm stuck in the intake? Isn't there like a screen there or something to prevent fish/arms from getting sucked in?

Reactions: gef21
Last night's show was OK.... Almost walker-free though!

------
You sort of echo a previous complaint of mine...... This show had the opportunity to go back to the beginning and explore the early spread of the plague, the panicking in the streets, tv reporting, government reactions, etc

But no, we are quickly fast forwarded to where the world is quickly down the dumpster and, just like in TWD, we get "war lords", and probably similar villages as the original show

It seems to me that this show is just more of the same with a different setting..... It seems like a missed opportunity.

------
You sort of echo a previous complaint of mine...... This show had the opportunity to go back to the beginning and explore the early spread of the plague, the panicking in the streets, tv reporting, government reactions, etc

But no, we are quickly fast forwarded to where the world is quickly down the dumpster and, just like in TWD, we get "war lords", and probably similar villages as the original show

It seems to me that this show is just more of the same with a different setting..... It seems like a missed opportunity.
Agree. Maybe there will be a third show "Know the Walking Dead: The Early Years". Can't wait.

Reactions: jerzey devil
Hopefully it will get better. I thought being on a boat would be safer, but maybe the boat should be a battleship! Wait, isn't there a show with a battleship as the main focus (but no zombies?)

So maybe to really set the stage after this they go to The Walking Dead - Episode I,

"The Walking Dead, the Zombie Menace", followed by The Walking Dead, Attacks of the Bones And the 3rd installment "The Walking Dead, Revenge of the Stiffs"

Episode I would take us to Rick's childhood. While Episode II the Zombie menace takes us to patient zero...Episode iii brings us to the current two shows...

I was hoping for patient zero in "Fear" instead its like the real houswives, we started with Atlanta, onto LA, next is Jesery.....i can just see the Jersey version now......

Last edited:
Reactions: RUJohnny
Interesting episode last night - guess they made it to where they were going?

Why do they feed to locked-up walkers? Will they starve to death if they don't? lol

Not a bad season-ending episode last night.... Back to the boat?

I thought it was bad and I love both shows. Nick dressing in blood for basically no reason twice (Chris and dad don't need it)... The editing of the show is bad imo.... The old hispanic dude all of a sudden is crazy. Nick all of a sudden is buying the old lady's BS. Then he leaves his mom at the end? Stupid. How does Strand end up in the truck inside the gates? The kid Chris has also gone off the deep end... and I loved how the dad is running around with no shoes?? WTF?? And he is fine one minute, limping the next and bloody feet. Then the dad tackles the kid? And the kid tries to kill his dad? please. Then dad and chris take off? Such stupid stupid writing. The only non-stupid was the daughter.

I thought it was bad and I love both shows. Nick dressing in blood for basically no reason twice (Chris and dad don't need it)... The editing of the show is bad imo.... The old hispanic dude all of a sudden is crazy. Nick all of a sudden is buying the old lady's BS. Then he leaves his mom at the end? Stupid. How does Strand end up in the truck inside the gates? The kid Chris has also gone off the deep end... and I loved how the dad is running around with no shoes?? WTF?? And he is fine one minute, limping the next and bloody feet. Then the dad tackles the kid? And the kid tries to kill his dad? please. Then dad and chris take off? Such stupid stupid writing. The only non-stupid was the daughter.
-----
I think Nick bloods up so he can reach Chris and the dad without a problem, not that he needed it when talking to them.
Nick gets a charge walking among the dead, he seems to think he has a special gift.... In the end this became more important than family.

Aside from that, half the cast is off the rails...... Chris, Nick the old man

yeah I think you're right. I guess my thinking was the dad was out there all night no problem....but the rest of the episode was maddening. The whole story line with the old man seeing his wife was ridiculous. Trying to be artsy....Kill them all except the mom and daughter. The only two sane ones. lol

-----
I think Nick bloods up so he can reach Chris and the dad without a problem, not that he needed it when talking to them.
Nick gets a charge walking among the dead, he seems to think he has a special gift.... In the end this became more important than family.

Aside from that, half the cast is off the rails...... Chris, Nick the old man

yeah I think you're right. I guess my thinking was the dad was out there all night no problem....but the rest of the episode was maddening. The whole story line with the old man seeing his wife was ridiculous. Trying to be artsy....Kill them all except the mom and daughter. The only two sane ones. lol
------------
well, in the original "walking dead" we had a lot less people going nuts, I think here they wanted to show the destruction of a family, not by
death, but by all the turmoil and stress the family had to endure..... except they did not really endure.

my guess is that even though the two kids and the dad are away from the rest of the family, they find their way back in the next season... that seems to be the only thing that would make sense

they may have a few episodes with separate story lines till that happens

..... the writers were looking for a way different type of cliffhanger for this show....not a zombie
cliffhanger, but one of the mind.

ah yes the separate story line gag so they don't have to pay the actors not in the episode. That's what the original does. Gets kinda old. I like the show so one bad one isn't going to steer me away

------------
well, in the original "walking dead" we had a lot less people going nuts, I think here they wanted to show the destruction of a family, not by
death, but by all the turmoil and stress the family had to endure..... except they did not really endure.

my guess is that even though the two kids and the dad are away from the rest of the family, they find their way back in the next season... that seems to be the only thing that would make sense

they may have a few episodes with separate story lines till that happens

..... the writers were looking for a way different type of cliffhanger for this show....not a zombie
cliffhanger, but one of the mind.

On talking dead one of the actors had an interesting comment about Chris. He was wondering if Chris becomes a villian. We never seen how someone really becomes a villian in TWD. Maybe this will be a different twist. He was just speculating, but would be interesting if true.

Reactions: eceres
Yes the inconsistencies were driving me mad. When the hell did the dad get his feet messed up? And one minute Strand is locked out of the compound the next minute he is driving picking everyone up. Very disjointed.

Reactions: RUinOhio
------

This was my concern when the ripped off "The Walking Dead" in the title. This show is nothing more than the west coast version of TWD. We did see the government reaction, although it was surprising for Hollywood. The government herded healthy civilians into camps and kept them ignorant of the events. They then abandoned those camps once they couldn't contain the disease and protect the compounds. Essentially, the government treated the people like sheep.

The problem is that one group would not have been able to experience everything. The format would have needed to be more like Game of Thrones where we follow several groups. One group is in the streets trying to find their own shelter who would lead into the emergence of the war lords, the current group on the show, etc. This was supposed to be a cash cow, which is why it is this way.

Nick was explained by Strand. He was an addict who needed something. A lot of addicts turn to religion to cope. Celia is offering that. However, where this breaks down is that Nick, who is tired of killing, has to kill and mutilate a walker to cover himself in blood. How far of a leap is it from, "I have to kill this walker to camouflage myself to walk safely among them" to "I have to kill these walkers to walk safely"? They'll probably spend the second half of the season for him to make this connection while accelerating more important aspects of the story.

I agree that the show is starting to look like TWD West. I hope it gets away from that. What was said above about the evolution of Chris into a villain could be interesting. I like the show a lot, but hope it starts to go in a unique direction. Some of the characters (Strand, Madison and her daughter) are really good, but some of the others (Travis and Chris) are a bit annoying. I thought Daniel was a great character, but I just don't understand why he suddenly went crazy. The guy was a black ops operative and so I just don't buy all this sudden craziness with his wife etc. I think he survives the fire and hopefully he comes back sane.

I don't know why I'm watching this show. The story and characters are all poor. This show would be cancelled if it was not downgrading the walking dead good name.

Only hope is split up the characters and try to find a decent a Tory for one of them.

I don't know why I'm watching this show. The story and characters are all poor. This show would be cancelled if it was not downgrading the walking dead good name.

Only hope is split up the characters and try to find a decent a Tory for one of them.
They could do that by focusing on the group in the truck - those are all pretty good characters.

I agree that the story seemed disjointed (the old man going crazy so quickly seemed odd). I do like some of the characters though. The mom, daughter and Strand seem to be the only sane ones left... The dad might be, be he comes off as a weak character.

I agree that the story seemed disjointed (the old man going crazy so quickly seemed odd). I do like some of the characters though. The mom, daughter and Strand seem to be the only sane ones left... The dad might be, be he comes off as a weak character.
On talking dead one of the actors had an interesting comment about Chris. He was wondering if Chris becomes a villian. We never seen how someone really becomes a villian in TWD. Maybe this will be a different twist. He was just speculating, but would be interesting if true.
----
Interesting thought about Chris becoming a villian..... Most fans of TWD don't consider the fact that even some of the worst people on the show might have been pretty decent people before the fall...... Here, like in "breaking bad"
Hopefully we can see something like this, a good person going bad.

This was my concern when the ripped off "The Walking Dead" in the title. This show is nothing more than the west coast version of TWD. We did see the government reaction, although it was surprising for Hollywood. The government herded healthy civilians into camps and kept them ignorant of the events. They then abandoned those camps once they couldn't contain the disease and protect the compounds. Essentially, the government treated the people like sheep.

The problem is that one group would not have been able to experience everything. The format would have needed to be more like Game of Thrones where we follow several groups. One group is in the streets trying to find their own shelter who would lead into the emergence of the war lords, the current group on the show, etc. This was supposed to be a cash cow, which is why it is this way.
---
I found the government reaction scenes, herding people into camps, unsatisfying..... I guess because a lot of it was done through only what the main characters saw, not a more national and global look..... It would have been cool to see the president attempting to handle it, maybe underestimating the goings on, and possibly showing him/ her succumbing to it.... Stuff like that, on the national scale....

Last edited:
---
I found the government reaction scenes, herding people into camps, unsatisfying..... I guess because a lot of it was done through only what the main characters saw, not a more national and global look..... It would have been cool to see the president attempting to handle it, maybe underestimating the goings on, and possibly showing him/ her succumbing to it.... Stuff like that, on the national scale....

Why stop at national? This is a global pandemic. (Spoiler: the characters can't know the extent of the pandemic so we can see their shock and dismay when they can't find safety!) This gets back to my criticism that is was just a rip-off / cash-in from TWD's popularity. The end of season 2 (21 episodes) is supposed to take us to the point where Rick awakened from his coma on The Walking Dead. Do we really learn anything that we didn't (eventually) learn from the original series? The community where they were herded to in the 1st season was similar to what happened in Alexandria. The Mexican mansion in season two is Jesse's farm. Despite being conscious for the entire time, the characters will know about what Rick knew after the first season. This is The Walking Dead with different people in a different area of the country.

Pandemics start somewhere. Where did this begin? How is it spread? In 2003, SARS started in China, reached the US in about 40 days and Europe in about 100. Even if we accelerate that model, it would still take months to spread across the globe. I think they wanted to remain focused on this one group in order to not have to explain where, when, and how.

Reactions: redking
good point, never even thought about this angle in regards to Nick.

Nick was explained by Strand. He was an addict who needed something. A lot of addicts turn to religion to cope. Celia is offering that. However, where this breaks down is that Nick, who is tired of killing, has to kill and mutilate a walker to cover himself in blood. How far of a leap is it from, "I have to kill this walker to camouflage myself to walk safely among them" to "I have to kill these walkers to walk safely"? They'll probably spend the second half of the season for him to make this connection while accelerating more important aspects of the story.

Arent we seeing this with Chris? He seems to be the one turning bad already

----
Interesting thought about Chris becoming a villian..... Most fans of TWD don't consider the fact that even some of the worst people on the show might have been pretty decent people before the fall...... Here, like in "breaking bad"
Hopefully we can see something like this, a good person going bad.

Why stop at national? This is a global pandemic. (Spoiler: the characters can't know the extent of the pandemic so we can see their shock and dismay when they can't find safety!) This gets back to my criticism that is was just a rip-off / cash-in from TWD's popularity. The end of season 2 (21 episodes) is supposed to take us to the point where Rick awakened from his coma on The Walking Dead. Do we really learn anything that we didn't (eventually) learn from the original series? The community where they were herded to in the 1st season was similar to what happened in Alexandria. The Mexican mansion in season two is Jesse's farm. Despite being conscious for the entire time, the characters will know about what Rick knew after the first season. This is The Walking Dead with different people in a different area of the country.

Pandemics start somewhere. Where did this begin? How is it spread? In 2003, SARS started in China, reached the US in about 40 days and Europe in about 100. Even if we accelerate that model, it would still take months to spread across the globe. I think they wanted to remain focused on this one group in order to not have to explain where, when, and how.

-----
You and I are pretty much on the same page here... The parallels with TWD are obvious, makes it look like lazy script writing, just following the TWD theme..... A lost chance to explore the beginning

Reactions: sherrane
yeah neither he nor Nick seem like the type to become war lords right now lol
-----
I wonder if they will have Nick somehow be able to control a zombie pack in the future?...He is unafraid to walk with them, in fact he seems to want to do it when ever he can.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT