ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Fight at Red Sox - Yankees!

O my bad. I forgot it's dumb to make threads like this unless it involves Philly fans.

Agree. It's better when it happens in Philly because we can all jump in to generalize about Philly fans.

Fans at Fenway are generally well behaved. Wonder if alcohol was involved ?

Stupid Fan Behavior Example # 417,893.

Good call Hud!

Based on the fighting form, was there anyone in that video who wasn't a girl?

The move would have been to grab the guy judo grip style and pull him toward him, down onto the seats...then ground and pound. hahaha

But I have limited hopes for a guy who can't manage to begin his day by wearing a belt...not gonna win many street fights with your f@cking pants falling down

Reactions: mal359
O really?

How about New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays fans? Here's a fist fight in the stands from a couple weeks ago. Again, I had no idea this violence happens outside of Philadelphia! Especially after listening to you in the Philly bashing thread last week!

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/04/12/yankees-blue-jays-fans-fight-it-out-in-the-stands-video/

Dude, let it go. There's no amount of linking bad behavior by other fans that will excuse the fact that Philly fans are the worst.

Again - judge and jail, in the stadium, on gameday. Not even in Oakland was this necessary.

Dude, let it go. There's no amount of linking bad behavior by other fans that will excuse the fact that Philly fans are the worst.

Again - judge and jail, in the stadium, on gameday. Not even in Oakland was this necessary.

Exactly the type of response I expected.

I forgot we can only discuss bad fan behavior from Philadelphia on this site.

Exactly the type of response I expected.

I forgot we can only discuss bad fan behavior from Philadelphia on this site.

I think it's two separate discussions.

Sure, fights happen everywhere there are people, alcohol and rooting interests.

No, nothing compares to the behavior of Philly fans. It's cultural. Are they all doucehbags? No. Are enough douchebags that the reputation is pretty cast in stone? Yeah, they are.

I think it's two separate discussions.

Sure, fights happen everywhere there are people, alcohol and rooting interests.

No, nothing compares to the behavior of Philly fans. It's cultural. Are they all doucehbags? No. Are enough douchebags that the reputation is pretty cast in stone? Yeah, they are.

Yea but the thing is, anytime something happens in Philly someone starts a thread on here about. If either of these brawls happened at Citizens Bank park this year you can bet there would have been a thread started and the usual re-hashing of Philly bashing would have ensued.

I just wanted to bring to light the realization that these things happen everywhere.

I'm not naive to admit there are a good share of D-bag Philly fans. I just wanted to provide evidence to some of the folks who live in glass houses here.

Yea but the thing is, anytime something happens in Philly someone starts a thread on here about. If either of these brawls happened at Citizens Bank park this year you can bet there would have been a thread started and the usual re-hashing of Philly bashing would have ensued.

Um...

Hi.

Mr.... "Dummy", is it?

This thread is about a brawl at Fenway. The only person endlessly insisting on making it about idiot Philly fans is you.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Um...

Hi.

Mr.... "Dummy", is it?

This thread is about a brawl at Fenway. The only person endlessly insisting on making it about idiot Philly fans is you.

I think you should re-read my post. Or take yourself out of this conversation because you're proving my point.

I think there's a little too much East Coast bias in this thread. Haven't there been several murders between Giants and Dodgers fans? I don't recall Philly, New York, or Boston fans ever taking it to this level.

Reactions: RUScrew85
if you have Google search suggestions turned on and type

Philly fans...

"Are the worst" is the first suggestion. That ain't by accident

I wholeheartedly agree with this and it's totally disgusting to me. How people can stand by and record someone getting beaten up

In defense of the junior Spielbergs, I didn't see anyone actually getting "beaten up".

Nobody was saying this only happens in Philly. Any reasonable person acknowledges that this happens all over the place, but Philly's list of sports fan misbehavior is longer than anyone else's.

I just typed in Diamondbacks fans, Chicago fans & Miami fans, and got the same result.
On the bright side, if you search "Rutgers fans," you get:

1. Rutgers fans penn state (lame)
2. Rutgers fans storm field (ok, cool)
3. Rutgers fans boo Navy (we'll never shake this one)

At least Google doesn't suggest we're the worst.

And just for fun, search "Penn State fans," you get:

1. Penn State fans are the worst
2. Penn State fans in denial
3. Penn State fans are delusional

I just typed in Diamondbacks fans, Chicago fans & Miami fans, and got the same result.

Yea I just tried a number of teams and cities and almost all of them resulted in "the worst". Including New York city.

When typing in Boston you get a suggestion of "racist", San Francisco gets your "riots" and Vancouver gets your "Vancouver fans kill Boston fan".

So yea that's not a very scientific argument.

Dave Dombrowski, President of Baseball Operations for the Red Sox, has released a statement:

"It has come to our attention that a physical dispute between fans occurred during yesterday's game against the Yankees. The Boston Red Sox organization is cooperating fully with the Boston Police Department in determining the identity of the fans involved. It is our hope that all Red Sox fans, and baseball fans in general, understand that the Red Sox organization does not condone violence in the stands, under any circumstances. We want fans to be comfortable here at Fenway Park and will not tolerate the sort of behavior one typically finds in Philadelphia."

Yea I just tried a number of teams and cities and almost all of them resulted in "the worst". Including New York city.

When typing in Boston you get a suggestion of "racist", San Francisco gets your "riots" and Vancouver gets your "Vancouver fans kill Boston fan".

So yea that's not a very scientific argument.

I didn't say it was a scientific argument, but it is a common sense one. Arguing against Philly fans being the biggest a-holes in sports is like arguing against the sun rising in the east. Have at it

And Johnny is a piney too. His vision is equally jaded. haha

Reactions: TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT