ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4 minutes 0 basket

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
We scored our final basket with 4:00 remaining. Hit 1 FT after that and that was the end of the scoring. So un-RU at the RAC I can’t even stomach it. Someone has to be the guy at the end. I’d try Simpson he seems like the lights don’t scare him vs the rest of the team which looks like their knees quiver when it’s time to make a critical basket

We scored our final basket with 4:00 remaining. Hit 1 FT after that and that was the end of the scoring. So un-RU at the RAC I can’t even stomach it. Someone has to be the guy at the end. I’d try Simpson he seems like the lights don’t scare him vs the rest of the team which looks like their knees quiver when it’s time to make a critical basket
They had a longer stretch than that in the 1st half

Rutgers scored 17 points in the second half. SEVENTEEN ?
Is that a new record for RU ?

Reactions: biker7766
Rutgers scored 17 points in the second half. SEVENTEEN ?
Is that a new record for RU ?
Rutgers has a average of 60 points per game against Temple,Miami,Indiana,Ohio State and Seton Hall.The team record is now 6-4 with three out of conference losses.This scenario is becoming similar to last season .

So he's a 86% shooter this year, correct??
13 for 15 this season including tonight's game but both misses were at key points in a game. Even at his career number of 76% you need to depend on your senior captain to make those shots in those situations. I love Caleb's game but you need to come through in those spots.

13 for 15 this season including tonight's game but both misses were at key points in a game. Even at his career number of 76% you need to depend on your senior captain to make those shots in those situations. I love Caleb's game but you need to come through in those spots.
I depend on him to make them roughly 76% of the time. Expecting anything more would be completely foolish.

Caleb had a horrible 3 up 4. Was a dumb shot. 6 point lead in this game would have been major.
What makes you think we were in any way likely to get two points on that possession?

For now (relatively small sample size) but not likely to stay there over the course of the season. Law of averages and all. He'll come back toward his average to some extent if not entirely. With any luck, maybe he will have improved some with practice and can sustain 80% or so. Anyhow, don't disagree that the team needs him to step up and hit as many as possible down the stretch late in games. But he's not a career 90% guy so there will be more misses to come, just hopefully not in late game situations.

What makes you think we were in any way likely to get two points on that possession?

true BUT it was a key momentum shift. After RUs 21-7 run, SHU went on a 8-0 run to retake the lead, RU then got the crowd back into it with a 5-0 run. Its hindsight but in a game like this that turned out to be just an awful abysmal offensive performance by both teams in the last 9 minutes, that possession could have made a difference....a rocking rac crowd up 6 on the next SHU possession. The RAC crowd assisted the Indiana win, it would have done so yesterday if it was ever put in a real position.

Caleb is supposed to be a leader, that kind of shot which we have seen from him before over the course of 4 years was not a shot a leader takes

Reactions: shields
Need to start over & change the offense. Simpson & Paul should be in together. Set some screens for Cam. Ball movement. Rebound & push it up the floor. Get off 3’s on the secondary break
We never set off the ball screens or shall I say very rarely or do we use motion other than the weave sometimes 30 feet out; with Seton Hall playing that aggressively w2e 100% should have been setting back screens and usnig back door cuts all game!!

Wow. Just WOW. this is just something pike has to address in practice. Find some plays. Get some help finding plays. Create a darn card for play calls like the football teams do if you need to. had had a to left.

ADVERTISEMENT