ADVERTISEMENT

First time ever watching a complete LAX game

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
Other than not knowing too much about the rules, found it very entertaining last night. The overall energy of our team in the first half was something to watch. Have to admit that I got pretty worried when PSU roared back in the third quarter and then got it within one goal since I am a long time RU fan and have watched way too many collapses in so many sports over the years. But, that first half energy returned and it made all of the difference.
Wished this sport had been around when I was in HS (early 60's) but we only had the usual four. Have to love having a stick to hit people with!!! [banana]

Welcome! It's a great game. Especially the way we play. Fast, aggressive on D, and encouraged to make plays in the open field and on offense. It's a sexy style as it is.

Reactions: gef21 and RUich
Looks like we do need some work on face offs though. Two things that I find interesting in this sport is when the ball goes out of bounds it appears that the last team that touched it gets it back and those damn face offs after a score instead of automatically giving the ball to the other team like in football. Pretty exciting though.

Looks like we do need some work on face offs though. Two things that I find interesting in this sport is when the ball goes out of bounds it appears that the last team that touched it gets it back and those damn face offs after a score instead of automatically giving the ball to the other team like in football. Pretty exciting though.

Actually, its the team closest to the ball when it goes out of bounds on a shot that gets possession. That's why you see players extend their arms (stick doesn't count). This is only a shot though...turnovers are turnovers changing possession.

It was a beautiful night and tailgating can be really great. No stress. We parked under some trees, a very short walk from the ticket booth and spent a couple enjoyable hours before packing up and just walking in before 7:00. No long lines getting in to park, at gate or leaving. Must say the weather this year has been cold but if you have a warm spring day it is a great time even if you do not follow the sport.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
It was a beautiful night and tailgating can be really great. No stress. We parked under some trees, a very short walk from the ticket booth and spent a couple enjoyable hours before packing up and just walking in before 7:00. No long lines getting in to park, at gate or leaving. Must say the weather this year has been cold but if you have a warm spring day it is a great time even if you do not follow the sport.

I really love the sport. Played LAX in gym at East Brunswick HS. Following this Rutgers team is fun. I go to 4 games or more each year, and I live and die with our team. We have a huge tailgate once a year. This year it was against Syracuse and everyone I bring really enjoys the game.

As Cali said, we play such a cool, fast paced, aggressive style it is fun to watch. And it is awesome to beat the blue bloods like Hopkins and Syracuse.

Upon leaving yesterday’s game, I told my buddy who still plays LAX at the age of 60, that if we can just have a season like the 2006 football season, I think our attendance could double overnight. Maybe we go on a run and win our next 3 games!!

How about the next 7!

One thing we have seen is that teams can get hot and go on runs to win championships. Maryland last year was the odds on favorite to win it. And did. The year before, UNC came out of nowhere.

Lacrosse now is uber competitive. Anyone in the top 15 can easily beat or lose to anyone else. Top 20 even. The difference between winning and losing at the elite level is making or not making one or two plays. It's really just come down to that.

Sat. will be another absolute war.

ADVERTISEMENT