ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Fitzroy Ledgister commits to Rutgers Football

Bleed_Scarlet

Senior
Dec 30, 2008
Saw this tweet

Committed for Track and Field but profile also lists his as a WR/PR/KR who runs a 10.6 100.

Also an excellent student (3.6 gpa)

Anybody know anything about him and if the football staff has spoken to him? Would be awesome to have a burner wide receiver. Looks like Auggie and Fran both follow him

https://twitter.com/fitz_ledgister/status/1479574204987097088?s=21

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to one of the Top 50 universities in the world and New Jersey’s Team !

Saw this tweet

Committed for Track and Field but profile also lists his as a WR/PR/KR who runs a 10.6 100.

Also an excellent student (3.6 gpa)

Anybody know anything about him and if the football staff has spoken to him? Would be awesome to have a burner wide receiver. Looks like Auggie and Fran both follow him

https://twitter.com/fitz_ledgister/status/1479574204987097088?s=21
Call me crazy, but if I was good enough to be on a full ride for track and field, I would much rather do that.

IIRC, NCAA rules prohibit players from playing football as a non scholarship player but getting a ship from another sport. If he plays football he would have to give up the t & f ship and get one from football.

IIRC, NCAA rules prohibit players from playing football as a non scholarship player but getting a ship from another sport. If he plays football he would have to give up the t & f ship and get one from football.
Ugh.. not happening then I guess.

Can he work out with the football team and be evaluated by the coaches without being on the team? Example—guys who work out and practice with the Rutgers girls soccer team.

I don’t think too many guys get full rides in track & field or cross-country. Same with a lot of the non-revenue sports. Even so, with todays prices, a partial is a huuuge help.
They have to be elite. I know we weren't given the full allotment of scholarships hopefully that has since changed but basically you had to win the conference to get a full scholarship everyone else was piecemealed out. I know my first year I got 2k and I placed in the big east chaos my first year

Reactions: Beancounter88
His speed definitely Ledgister's in his HUDL. He would give DBs Fitz trying to cover him. Get this kid on the football field!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RUPsyched
Before scholarship limits were created in 1973, coaches like Bear Bryant used to have well over 100 guys on football scholarship. Something tells me that a loophole did exist for non-football scholarship athletes that the NCAA didn’t close for some time after ‘73 but I’m sure now there is no loophole.

Think the rule states he ends up double counting if he plays football, It doesn't matter where the scholarship is he still counts for both sports. GS would not need to fund him just count him as one of his 85. If the scenario were reversed and he had a fb scholarship I don't think he would be in the track scholarship head count.
Not sure who funded Kyonte but this would be the same case if he had a wrestling scholarship, thats why Greg would need to agree to allow a non football scholarship athlete to play football because he would lose the head count in his 85 total number

Before scholarship limits were created in 1973, coaches like Bear Bryant used to have well over 100 guys on football scholarship. Something tells me that a loophole did exist for non-football scholarship athletes that the NCAA didn’t close for some time after ‘73 but I’m sure now there is no loophole.
This.
Bear would stock up on elite players knowing they would never play….. kept them off the rosters of opponents in the South.

At programs with traditionally successful non-revenue sports, the school find ways to provide serious financial help to athletes and their families, despite NCAA athletic scholarship limitations.

Commander Fitzroy Ledgister sailed his small fleet of three masted schooners around the world in 1698. His adventures were numerous. One time, while swimming, he made friends with a 200 ft. long man eating squid.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Wonder if he is related to another Ledgister who got rated as one of the top ATH at 12U. That guy is going to be really good! Check out their football uniforms…they look like Rutgers’ uniforms.

Last edited:
Hopefully we will watching him taking it to the house the next few years! Great pickup by Gregg. Got a feeling that we will surprise people this Fall.

Reactions: newell138
ADVERTISEMENT