ADVERTISEMENT

For the 8th time

He's a lock to make 3rd Team All Big 10!!!

Not so sure about that. 4 other B1G punters have been nominated so it could be HM. Here are the 2022 stats

. Nominations Wins

Korsack 6 2
MSU 2 1
Iowa 2
Penn St. 1
Indiana 1

Fans can vote for the weekly winner https://www.rayguyaward.com and check the news subscreen for the weekly results.

It's an impact on the game when he pins Minnesota at the 1. It's up to the D at that point to make it stick, but that is not on Korsak. He is such a weapon in changing field position. I don't think any college team would be better with their current punter over what Ray can do, and most would be far worse in the punting game.

To be honest. Iā€™m kind of sick of celebrating the punter.

and punters should only win awards when they impact games. He got like 7 punts in a blowout game. Sure , heā€™s amazing at it. But itā€™s effectively no impact on the game.
He needs an offense that doesn't send him on the field every 4th play to have an impact.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008

and punters should only win awards when they impact games. He got like 7 punts in a blowout game. Sure , heā€™s amazing at it. But itā€™s effectively no impact on the game.

I'd say he had an impact in both BC and Indiana. For that matter he was a factor in keeping Iowa close.

Kid is a great punter. He can flip the field , pin teams inside the 5. I think his biggest attribute is that he buys a little time for the coverage to get down the field to make a play.

Not his fault the defense sucked. last Time I checked kicking is part of the game and should be awarded just like other awards

Rat Guy, RU Kidding? What are you, a Chief fan?
For those who weren't familiar with Ray Guy's greatness, read recent obituaries for Ray Guy and one will realize just how great he was. His only demerit was that he wore a Raider uniform.

If Izien had nailed the Minnesota back instead of waving as he went by would you consider that Korsak made a contribution

Is korsak an nfl guy?
There has to be a reason why the NFL doesn't have rugby style punters.It has to be the coverage rules.
In the pros, linemen can't go downfield until the ball is kicked . I believe in college lineman can go on the snap. That gives the coverage team a distinct advantage in college as most of the players are 10 or more yards downfield already when the ball is kicked.

Seriously- this is an individual award- It has nothing to do with offense or defense.

There has to be a reason why the NFL doesn't have rugby style punters.It has to be the coverage rules.
In the pros, linemen can't go downfield until the ball is kicked . I believe in college lineman can go on the snap. That gives the coverage team a distinct advantage in college as most of the players are 10 or more yards downfield already when the ball is kicked.
So no ?

ADVERTISEMENT