ADVERTISEMENT

Former player Shakena Richardson

Knight Time Fan

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
I don't know if anyone noticed, but I see she has returned to Seton Hall, where she spent her final college season, as Director of Basketball Operations.

I annually make up spreadsheets of the WBB coaches at the Power 5 and Big East conferences (as well as the other opponents of Rutgers and Arizona). It is always interesting to see former players scattered around, from Rutgers and otherwise. The only one I noticed that I wasn't aware of is Miya McCurdy Johnson at Penn State as an assistant. I don't always notice the non-coaches, it depends on where on the school's website I get the coaching staff names.

Yes, I made mention of this news about Shakena during our fun RU-SHU debates that we had back in the spring. I was very surprised when no one commented or responded to that news. I, like you, Knight Time, thought that was big news.

Yes, I made mention of this news about Shakena during our fun RU-SHU debates that we had back in the spring. I was very surprised when no one commented or responded to that news. I, like you, Knight Time, thought that was big news.
Late spring discussion, I guess. She went there in June. She had been on staff previously, and left.

Of all the "staff" positions, I think DBO is quite respectable. That's what Michelle Edwards was before rejoining the coaching staff.

There were quite a few interesting names buried around. Mickie DeMoss, who is in the WBB Hall of Fame, both a former coach and mostly for being Pat Summitt's assistant for years is "Chief of Staff" at Georgia Tech. Kentucky not only still has Lin Dunn as a "Special Assistant to the Head Coach", but added Coach GG as an actual assistant coach.

Late spring discussion, I guess. She went there in June. She had been on staff previously, and left.
Wow!! That RU-SHU discussion seems like it was so long ago (was actually in July).......I guess it's all the big storylines happening everyday that make it seem like eons ago. Happy for Shakena.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT