ADVERTISEMENT

Former RU Athlete in need of support

newell138

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
I received this email today on RU track alum John McNulty, class of '79 who is in need of support. Any amount you can donate will be a big help to his family.

Have you ever wondered what you could do to help someone in need that could make a positive impact on their
life? Well, here’s your chance.
As many of you know, Johnny Mac has been struggling with his health for many years. You may not know that
Johnny Mac has undergone over 265 brain surgeries. Yes, that number is correct. As unbelievable as that
sounds, think about how strong and determined Johnny Mac has been to have his brain and his body go through
so much. All of this without ever complaining. When you are having a difficult day and you might need some
inspiration or motivation to get you going, think about how Johnny Mac has taken on his challenge in much the
same way he did when he toed the starting line and had the confidence that he would win.
A GoFund Me site has been set up to help pay some of the staggering costs of Mac’s healthcare. We all know
how expensive it is just for a visit to the doctors office. Just think about the costs that are incurred with what
Johnny Mac has been through. There are some things that are covered by insurance but there is so much that is
not. There are many out of pocket costs that Mac’s wife Sue incurs that we wouldn’t even think about and it’s not
just the medical bills. As just one example, one week of parking in NYC while Sue stays with John in the hospital
costs Sue $800. 266 surgeries = 266 weeks x $800 per week = $212,800 in parking (and sometimes the hospitals
says are longer than 1 week).
I am asking you from the bottom of my heart to reach the bottom of your pocket and be as generous as you
possibly can be. Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated by the McNulty family. If you’ve ever wondered
what can you do to help make an impact in someone’s life, now you have the ability to answer that question.
DONATE to support Johnny Mac.
Please go to the GoFund Me site at the link below and read the story of The Invincible Johnny Mac and start
making a difference now. Our goal is $300,000 and we are all very ok exceeding that goal.
My other ask is to spread the word. This story needs to get out to as many people as possible. This story is way
bigger than just our RU family. The goal is to reach the entire running community and any and all people who are
looking to donate who may not even know Johnny Mac but will be compelled to help after reading his story. Send
this to your co-workers and ask them to donate but please ask them to send to as many people as they can. Ask
your HR departments if your company would be willing to make donating to the Johnny Mac fund part of their plan
for donations. Send to your kids and grandkids and have them post the story on social. Reach out to anyone you
know in the media and have them pick up this story. Ask people to send to more people and those more people
send to even more people. Brainstorm with me and let me know how else I can get this story out. We need to
make this as big as possible and to last for as long as possible.
We have learned that working together as a team has helped us achieve our goals. Let’s continue the lessons
we’ve learned as teammates who pushed and supported each other to make us all better.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this note, but mostly for taking the time to care about Johnny Mac and his
family and for doing something to help.

GO FUND ME:

ADVERTISEMENT